Who DOES and who does NOT have smooth, responsive gameplay

FifaKingPin
255 posts Sunday League Hero
Players turn slow, passes are weak, poor first touch, everything feels slow and clanky. Who does not have these issues and who does. I have it.

Comments

• FinEverton
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Both. Yesterday worked well and today gameplay was just horrible.
  • Numlocked_
    1527 posts Play-Off Hero
    Absolutely terrible the entire weekend. Can't even win a game rofl
  • Headshrinker363
    4018 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve had one laggy game in nearly 300 played.
  • deang07
    7914 posts League Winner
    mines great today was a bit pony yesterday
  • dengah109
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Players turn slow, passes are weak, poor first touch, everything feels slow and clanky. Who does not have these issues and who does. I have it.

Had this for a few games now, game after game of players being not making runs. Very frustrating.
  • TW1103
    551 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FinEverton wrote: »
    Both. Yesterday worked well and today gameplay was just horrible.

This
  • Tubbs76
    447 posts An Exciting Prospect
    9/10 games, game is almost unplayable.Players slow to respond to command or not at all, sloppy passing, short psses going long, long going short, players cant control a simply tap pass without the ball deviating forward 3m to give the ball away. Random passes, players glued to the ground, players running in a straight line only and not being abe to turn them, you want me to keep going???? The game punishes you for trying to play football and do anything manual, its a joke. It blows my mind away when read of people who dont get any of these these things. They've either spent a lot of money, worn their knee pads out or both. FIX THE BROKEN GAME MECHANICS EA & FRSOTBITE!
  • opasni_
    3651 posts National Call-Up

Probably because you are pretty close to server... No other explanation.
  • Have never had any lag or performance issues since shifting off wireless to wired like 2 years ago
  • FifaKingPin
    Have never had any lag or performance issues since shifting off wireless to wired like 2 years ago

Have google fiber wired. 1000 up and 1000 down with 1ms ping. Still have this issue PS4, Xbox 360 and now Pc
  • jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional
    Mines was great the day before the servers went down, dare I say I was enjoying the game...now it's horrendous, and borderline unplayable
  • Simple, if you pay your money to as like good little mugs ye get nice smooth gameplay if not then god help u because supprise supprise fifa is still scripted . Players suddenly being sluggish on full health, goal keepers with butter on their gloves an then of course all momey players may as well shoot from half way line because it will go in . Ohhh an if course they can just buy a 60 rated keeper because thanks to ea an there programming they will probably save every single perfectly hit shot anyway ... hahaha momey grabbing scum mate.
  • Matsimillian
    44 posts Park Captain
    All day been completely unplayable
  • DailyTrader
    2143 posts Fans' Favourite
    Input lag is unbearable.
    Rest I don’t mind that much.
    And league delayed + on top of that servers not working. Such frustration.
  • Cornushon
    4364 posts National Call-Up
    Mostly good gameplay. But I don't play anything below full 5 green bars connection wise
  • dengah109
    edited November 2018
    Cornushon wrote: »
    Mostly good gameplay. But I don't play anything below full 5 green bars connection wise

I thought this was supposed to have been patched though? Every game I go into I have 5 full green bars but the game is still the same and so laggy its a complete waste of time but like a mug I keep trying and hoping the next game will be back to normal :(
  • Lackosweat
    4940 posts Big Money Move
    Played 300 games already. Only 10 of them were smooth and responsive. The rest were horrible.
  • Davola77
    287 posts Sunday League Hero
    Off peak times the game plays great and actually enjoy it. When kids get back from school and weekends game is trash. Play with fibre wired, open Nat, ports forwarded, controller wired etc. Problem is the servers can’t handle high volumes of traffic and EA don’t seem to want to improve them.
  • rnmays1
    780 posts Semi-Pro
    I don't understand what people's issue with gameplay is. What do they mean by bad/smooth gameplay? Because to me it's the same every game. Yeah I get quite bad speed up lag but that's my problem apart from that everything's fine. I've never understood this constant moaning about how 'fast' or 'responsive' it is ever since I started playing in fifa 14.
  • pudgyfudgy
    5308 posts Big Money Move
    I've just switched to the Nacon Revolution Pro 2 controller and I'm proud to report that I have had absolutely zero input delay issues ever since. My games are the most responsive they've ever been*. If you don't mind spending, I recommend you try it.

*Disclaimer - doesn't mean I'm winning more games though, because it's taking me really long to get used to the new controller. Especially the left thumbstick placement.
  • madwullie
    2825 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm in Scotland and I would say I've had a laggy experience about ten times since fifa 12. I play wireless, my ps4 is miles away from my router, but I do have well above average Internet.

I actually wonder if I'm just so rubbish at the game I don't notice when it's playing badly given all the threads on here about it.
  • dengah109
    madwullie wrote: »
    I'm in Scotland and I would say I've had a laggy experience about ten times since fifa 12. I play wireless, my ps4 is miles away from my router, but I do have well above average Internet.

I actually wonder if I'm just so rubbish at the game I don't notice when it's playing badly given all the threads on here about it.

Do you not get a mix of games were at times its smooth, your players move off the ball and make runs, they run at normal speed, they are reacting to what you are doing with the controller and then you get games were they dont make runs, they are slow and unresponsive to what you are doing, its like running through sand/mud. Given all the server issues the last few days unless you havent been playing I would be amazed if everyone has not been impacted by this. Sure it could be my internet but my speed tests are fine, no problems with anything else and one hell of a coincidence that this has been a much bigger issue since the EA complete server crash last week that caused the delay to WL. Up until the last few days I had been really enjoying FUT, didnt even mind all defeats but now each game is the same so full of lag its pointless. I am more annoyed with myself for persisting and wasting my time than I am with EA for the server issues.
  • FifaKingPin
    edited November 2018
    I have played close to 8000 games since FIFA 11 UT. Played with Xbox 360, then switched to.ps4 for FIFA 15. Now on PC for fita 19. I would say around 400 games have been smooth. The rest have been unresponsive. Issues like poor first touch, poor ball control, the short pass takes forever to reach the
    Player and when it does and if I'm.moving in a direction, the first touch takes it like 2-3 meters in front. This is a player like neymar. My players speed is slow. If I quickly flick the right stick to do a trick, it most of the time wont register so he doesn't do a trick. Everything in yhr game is slow. Moving my.players is hard because they have a turning radius of a ship. You have to plan actions like 3/4 a second in advance as there is 3/4 second input delay. Players feel clanky and their agility is so bad that they can't turn efficiently on the spot. Issue like this. Mind you, I am wired, played with 3 isps from Houston, Atlanta, Chicago and Boston. Max speed was 130/20 and now using 25/5. Done port forwarding and even on dmz. Even with the 25/5, for fia 19 on PC, the first week was so good. Buttery smooth. Responsive and felt like offline kick off. Now it's total up to luck as it doesn't matter if you have neymar or Bale, they just play like normal cards.
  • madwullie
    2825 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2018
    dengah109 wrote: »

Do you not get a mix of games were at times its smooth, your players move off the ball and make runs, they run at normal speed, they are reacting to what you are doing with the controller and then you get games were they dont make runs, they are slow and unresponsive to what you are doing, its like running through sand/mud. Given all the server issues the last few days unless you havent been playing I would be amazed if everyone has not been impacted by this. Sure it could be my internet but my speed tests are fine, no problems with anything else and one hell of a coincidence that this has been a much bigger issue since the EA complete server crash last week that caused the delay to WL. Up until the last few days I had been really enjoying FUT, didnt even mind all defeats but now each game is the same so full of lag its pointless. I am more annoyed with myself for persisting and wasting my time than I am with EA for the server issues.

Honestly no not really. Maybe once in a blue moon. I played yesterday morning and it was fine, the I didn't get on till tenish last night and it seemed normal. This morning again, fine.

I'm not saying it's your Internet or anything, I just don't experience at all what you guys talk about. I appreciate at top level you're probably so tuned in that the tiniest difference will be noticeable and will make a difference between a win and a loss, but at my level no, I don't experience this at all.
  • FifaKingPin
    dengah109 wrote: »

Honestly no not really. Maybe once in a blue moon. I played yesterday morning and it was fine, the I didn't get on till tenish last night and it seemed normal. This morning again, fine.

I'm not saying it's your Internet or anything, I just don't experience at all what you guys talk about. I appreciate at top level you're probably so tuned in that the tiniest difference will be noticeable and will make a difference between a win and a loss, but at my level no, I don't experience this at all.

It's not a top level bottom level thing. It's so easy to notice as it will effect everything. It's becomes from fun to a chore. And the game no longer relies on skill. And I knew both players are effected since I do see him miss time his Stand tackle way to late, like 3_4 meters after. This is in WL.
  • FifaKingPin
    In WL, thhis issue is way way more prominent. I played 3 sluggish games last night. Games were 1/0 or ,1-1. It's so hard to turn in tight spaces and move that's it relies on luck to score. Switched over to division rivals (I'm in div ,3), had no lag, I spanked him 6-1. So much time to turn, neymar feels like neymar.
  • dengah109

Wow, just wow! Perhaps i should move to Scotland! Genuinely amazed at this. I am not good at FIfa, bang average, a lot of the games I have lost due to the lag & I dare say a good chunk I might have still lost got to be honest BUT for me the last few days especially it has been horrendous. if I lose to someone cos i play rubbish or they are better then fine never going to grumble but the whole game experience atm anyway is awful sadly because pretty much every game is a struggle due to the lag/server issues. Such a shame as I genuinely like the game itself and a week okay for me all was fine.
  • Headshrinker363
    4018 posts National Call-Up
    opasni_ wrote: »

I live in Scotland I’m pretty sure the servers are no where near here. When I first bought Fifa 18 every game I played I had problems. I phoned my i.s.p. and told them my problem. They took remote access of my computer and changed the ports and ever since then I’ve had very few problems.

I suggest others facing gameplay problems to contact there internet providers, explain what’s happening, tell them your friend/family members had similar problems with another company, tell them they fixed it this way and if they’re not willing to sort it out, you will leave their service and go to a rival company for your internet. This should get them trying everything in their power to make sure your games run smoothly.
  • JURITO1000
    1093 posts Professional
    omg its unplayable!! so slow,my players are turning 10 minutes
  • FifaKingPin
    opasni_ wrote: »

I live in Scotland I’m pretty sure the servers are no where near here. When I first bought Fifa 18 every game I played I had problems. I phoned my i.s.p. and told them my problem. They took remote access of my computer and changed the ports and ever since then I’ve had very few problems.

I suggest others facing gameplay problems to contact there internet providers, explain what’s happening, tell them your friend/family members had similar problems with another company, tell them they fixed it this way and if they’re not willing to sort it out, you will leave their service and go to a rival company for your internet. This should get them trying everything in their power to make sure your games run smoothly.

What exactly did you tell your isp. I don't even know where to begin in what to tell them. I want specifics. How did you even describe the issue? This would help she so much, you have no idea.