Lone striker instructions

Furrag85
1751 posts Play-Off Hero
I know it depends on who the striker is, but in any 433 or 4231, my wide players nearly outscore my striker.

Does anyone use get in behind, even on packet players?

I'm constantly finding my striker coming short, and if I do get down the flanks, my striker will be ok the edge of the box or loitering around outside, despite having high "players in box" instruction. It's like they always play as a false 9.

Comments

• dengah109
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Furrag85 wrote: »
    I know it depends on who the striker is, but in any 433 or 4231, my wide players nearly outscore my striker.

Does anyone use get in behind, even on packet players?

I'm constantly finding my striker coming short, and if I do get down the flanks, my striker will be ok the edge of the box or loitering around outside, despite having high "players in box" instruction. It's like they always play as a false 9.

Does anyone find player instructions are working at all currently? I am finding whatever instructions I'm doing they don't do anything. My st set to get in behind stands still & makes no run when in the break with my CAM and its 2 v 2. Last night my best example of this not working is I always have my FBs set to overlap/join attack. Last night the right flank was wide open, lots of space to go into i manoeuvre the ball expecting the FB to burst into this space and he made no run, just stayed back. I've given it with player instructions & set them all to default as they are not working.

I changed the corner setting to 2, down from 4 I think. First corner I had it worked. After that every corner since I have had loads of players in box even though setting she stop that. What is the point of custom tactics, they certainly don't work for me.