Weekend League Delay/Lag Issues Thread

EA_Cian
1131 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited November 2018
We've had a few threads pop up already so to make life easier for all involved, moving ahead conversations about this are going to be merged together here. :smile:

Some helpful things you can note - what kind of connection are you using (Wired, wireless?), what platform? The more info the better.

Comments

• BLUESBOY345
    1673 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’m 2-5 this WL worst I’ve been is 5-2. Every game I’ve played has had that fast word lag where you can’t control players running passing or movement

My opponent however can smoothly pull of the most precise dribbling and passing implying he has no lag what so ever

I dare someone to blame my internet or connection or some other bs I have never experienced this before so I know it’s not my end I’m sick of this crap
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    Could be your connection if it's in every game.
  • FifaKingPin
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's not your commection. Played from Houston, Chicago, Atlanta and Boston using 3 different isp providers. From FIFA 11 to now. YESSSS. Players turn slow, passes are weak, poor first touch, everything feels slow and clanky. It's their **** servers. They make billions and can't get better servers. Useless company. I hope it burns.
  • James Libby
    7733 posts League Winner
    edited November 2018
    Or.... There always has to be.... One reasonable person.... With a cogent, logical answer.

Either, or, really.
  • BLUESBOY345
    1673 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pieman25 wrote: »

There always has to be one smart arse

Or.... There always has to be.... One reasonable person.... With a cogent, logical answer.

Either, or, really.

I’m sure I’ve run my connection diagnostics to know it’s not on my end but thanks for your input. I’m still to blame for each game having full latency displayed yet in game it’s completely screwed server wise? No I didnt think so
  • Whitebeard
    3444 posts National Call-Up
    It's not your connection.
  • BLUESBOY345
    1673 posts Play-Off Hero
    Whitebeard wrote: »
    It's not your connection.
    Thank you
  • BLUESBOY345
    1673 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's not your commection. Played from Houston, Chicago, Atlanta and Boston using 3 different isp providers. From FIFA 11 to now. YESSSS. Players turn slow, passes are weak, poor first touch, everything feels slow and clanky. It's their **** servers. They make billions and can't get better servers. Useless company. I hope it burns.

Love the game. Love the concepts. But the servers are disgusting. Agreed with you
  • deang07
    8429 posts League Winner
    sorry to say it m8 but the fast fw , speed up or catch up lag is caused locally by ur own connecton .
    stuck in the mud freezy glitchy lag is ea servers
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something

Speed up in my experience is your end, stuck in mud feeling is the EA server.
  • BLUESBOY345
    1673 posts Play-Off Hero
    deang07 wrote: »
    sorry to say it m8 but the fast fw , speed up or catch up lag is caused locally by ur own connecton .

I experienced both types dude.
  • BLUESBOY345
    1673 posts Play-Off Hero
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

Tried hot spotting my PS4 and using my WiFi both times has super quick connection sleds and full responsiveness. Doubt it’s on my end
  • ASHERLAUYY
    1065 posts Professional
    I've been saying to people unfortunately you got to pick your games if you can. Play late night or early in the morning to avoid this nonsense
  • MHoney1234

Tried hot spotting my PS4 and using my WiFi both times has super quick connection sleds and full responsiveness. Doubt it’s on my end

You’re using WiFi? No wonder you’re struggling.
  • deang07
    8429 posts League Winner
    deang07 wrote: »

I experienced both types dude.

fair enough but my experience is

i suffered both types of lag for ages whilst on sky internet over a yr ago it was shocking.
    a few told me on here and elsewhere that the lag i gt where it slows then players go 200mph to catch up ( speed up lag) is my own service. the other type the sluggish lag is ea servers.
    i swapped to 200mbps fibre optic internet with wired connection over a yr ago.

ive never had the speed up lag once ever since.
    i do get the stuck in the mud slow slaggy feel still sometimes but i know now that is ea servers .

hope this helps
  • selb
    7390 posts League Winner

You’re using WiFi? No wonder you’re struggling.

This. WiFi is one of the biggest causes of speed up lag, try playing with a wired connection, since I switched I very, very rarely get any type of lag
  • OldDirtyPackthis
    315 posts Sunday League Hero
    Input lag is the worst thong ever everyone plays like ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and all there's are whipets plus the fact EA are forcing everyone to play a certain way by running because that's all you can do to defend worst company ever
  • deang07
    8429 posts League Winner
    to add:
    you need to be wired with fifa man ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the wireless connection it will help
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    I’m on WIFI(60/30) but I dont get speed up lag. I got delay and lag spikes before shooting every time.

I cant wait to get in futchamps, the servers there are usually very kind to my delay, and lets me play unhindered.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3067 posts National Call-Up
    Wired (and not wifi) is completely essential, doesn't matter how good your wifi is. Plug it in.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    Always love when people call the game ❤️❤️❤️❤️ based on their losing......
  • Tubpac
    1928 posts Fans' Favourite
    Another delay fest... played this morning everything was fine. Now its back.
  • Gorda
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah today its Been awful lag. Never Been even close to this bad before.
  • MHoney1234
    Tbf only 27 threads on this today and it’s only 2.30pm :joy:
  • Tubpac
    1928 posts Fans' Favourite
    No wonder its so frustrating.
  • MHoney1234
    Tubpac wrote: »

I agree mate. I had to stop, I’m running a 200mb wired connection and watching players in slow motion.
  • FifaKingPin
    Tubpac wrote: »

I agree mate. I had to stop, I’m running a 200mb wired connection and watching players in slow motion.

I have Google fiber. 1000mb up and down. With 1ms ping. Still snowing issue
  • Vezzo
    1399 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also stopped. Broke a controller almost.
  • FifaKingPin
    Wow. This is getting more and more prevalent as years go on. I have been suffering from this since 2010. Has anyone complained to them
  • MHoney1234
    Wow. This is getting more and more prevalent as years go on. I have been suffering from this since 2010. Has anyone complained to them

My guess is the complaints are in the 1000’s weekly