is this the first fifa that rewards you for not playing???

antonius
719 posts Semi-Pro
AI defence with no depth blocking shots all day with constant pressure..... its the anti-football tactic but makes the game so boring, a broken mechanic.

Turn down the AI EA!! i want players that are skillful not just **** and sit back waiting for me to beat them with constant long shot trys and rebound tap ins

Comments

  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    They won't change it. Imagine how many kids would stop spending mummy and daddys money on packs if They were getting smashed 8-0 in every game.

    The in game hand holding is a direct result of micro transactions. Its pathetic.
  • madwullie
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    No you actually could put your controller down in 18 and your team would defend perfectly (I know people claim you can do that now but that's an exaggeration). Pretty sure they patched it a little after someone released a video of themselves doing just that.

    Not sure why everyone has a mental block / rose tinted glasses regarding 18. It was miles worse than this.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    It’s difficult to even put into words how bad this game is. I can set my players to press for 90 minutes and watch the AI hunt the opposition in 2/3’s. I let the AI win it back, pass across goal and score, actually getting bored of it. Stamina hardly moves, the lack of user input required on this game is crazy. The servers are horrendous. The game isn’t fit for purpose
  • madwullie
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    Stamina clearly reduces over time. Stick your players on aggressive interceptions and constant pressure and come back and tell me that stamina hardly moves.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    edited November 2018
    madwullie wrote: »
    Stamina clearly reduces over time. Stick your players on aggressive interceptions and constant pressure and come back and tell me that stamina hardly moves.

    Here’s the dry lunch again. Great to see you. You’re clearly playing a different game to the rest of us. You can let the AI sprint around for 90 minutes and still have more than enough to finish the game - shouldn’t be this way.
  • madwullie
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    Check out the 433(x) thread, video about 4 pages in. Stick those instructions on your team then come back and tell me stamina has little effect.

    Nothing wrong with slating the game if you don't like it (although would maybe question why people hang around the forums and play every day if it's that much of a chore) but I can't be doing with people making stuff up to strengthen their point.

    Stamina reduces over the match and your players are noticeably worse and slower. Messi and base gullit being two of the best known sufferers of this. There's a thread right now on the front page where other users are complaining of this problem with gullit.

    Edit: oh yeah and play the ball mate. No need for personal abuse
  • bangjacobs
    70 posts Park Captain
    They won't change it. Imagine how many kids would stop spending mummy and daddys money on packs if They were getting smashed 8-0 in every game.

    The in game hand holding is a direct result of micro transactions. Its pathetic.

    The kids that are facerolling you atm? you are pathetic, lol
  • bangjacobs
    70 posts Park Captain
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    madwullie wrote: »
    Stamina clearly reduces over time. Stick your players on aggressive interceptions and constant pressure and come back and tell me that stamina hardly moves.

    Here’s the dry lunch again. Great to see you. You’re clearly playing a different game to the rest of us. You can let the AI sprint around for 90 minutes and still have more than enough to finish the game - shouldn’t be this way.

    No you can't. My players have 0 stamina lefty at the 70minute mark if I do play aggressive. You my friend, are playing a different game.
  • oldboiler
    1979 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just look at metacritc, the gameplay is broke in so many areas that it cannot be fixed without breaking other areas. Fix AI pressure then finesse is OP, fix finesse then AI is OP. Pointless debating. If you enjoy the game then play, if you don’t, play some thing else.
  • Guybrush
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    2nd. FIFA 17 was like that.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4847 posts Big Money Move
    madwullie wrote: »
    Stamina clearly reduces over time. Stick your players on aggressive interceptions and constant pressure and come back and tell me that stamina hardly moves.

    Not really. Constant pressure + aggressive interceptions reduces player stamina by about two more per game than balanced and normal interceptions.

  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    edited November 2018
    bangjacobs wrote: »
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    madwullie wrote: »
    Stamina clearly reduces over time. Stick your players on aggressive interceptions and constant pressure and come back and tell me that stamina hardly moves.

    Here’s the dry lunch again. Great to see you. You’re clearly playing a different game to the rest of us. You can let the AI sprint around for 90 minutes and still have more than enough to finish the game - shouldn’t be this way.

    No you can't. My players have 0 stamina lefty at the 70minute mark if I do play aggressive. You my friend, are playing a different game.
    madwullie wrote: »
    Check out the 433(x) thread, video about 4 pages in. Stick those instructions on your team then come back and tell me stamina has little effect.

    Nothing wrong with slating the game if you don't like it (although would maybe question why people hang around the forums and play every day if it's that much of a chore) but I can't be doing with people making stuff up to strengthen their point.

    Stamina reduces over the match and your players are noticeably worse and slower. Messi and base gullit being two of the best known sufferers of this. There's a thread right now on the front page where other users are complaining of this problem with gullit.

    Edit: oh yeah and play the ball mate. No need for personal abuse

    @bangjacobs, have you played in div 1 rivals? You can’t breathe for 12 minutes. I can stick constant pressure, or press after possession loss, on a narrow formation and even team press on full backs for most of the game by constantly switching using dynamic tactics. I have around a 5th of a bar left. The difference in drain between balanced is not wide enough, that’s the issue. If you have 0 stamina, sort your tactics out. Low stamina does NOT effect the AI pressing you.
  • madwullie
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    madwullie wrote: »
    Stamina clearly reduces over time. Stick your players on aggressive interceptions and constant pressure and come back and tell me that stamina hardly moves.

    Not really. Constant pressure + aggressive interceptions reduces player stamina by about two more per game than balanced and normal interceptions.

    In game your players are struggling on 70 mins.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    madwullie wrote: »
    madwullie wrote: »
    Stamina clearly reduces over time. Stick your players on aggressive interceptions and constant pressure and come back and tell me that stamina hardly moves.

    Not really. Constant pressure + aggressive interceptions reduces player stamina by about two more per game than balanced and normal interceptions.

    In game your players are struggling on 70 mins.

    You’re playing a different game fella. Low stamina does not affect the AI press.
  • Tubbs76
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This game is horrible, you get punished for trying to do anything manual or play football, it rewards **** kickers who can t play and take advantage of the many broken game mechanics. Well done as and frostbite..
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1177 posts Professional
    What makes me laugh is when ea said park the bus was no longer there but yet they decided to give everyone even more tools with more custom tactics so people can still pretty much abuse the game even more with depth and ultra defensive which is pretty much park the bus 2.0 especially with a defensive formation...good job ea yet another reason why custom tactics are killing the game....park the bus 2.0 with ridiculous overpowered ai defending yuck no thanks.

    The game is well and truly dead and buried fifa as a whole is nothing compared to how good it once its not even close whatsoever and as far as im concerned fifa 19 will stay uninstalled unless something dramatically changes.
  • jonkero
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    If you don't defend just wait till I pop my first touch timed finesse >:)
  • bangjacobs
    70 posts Park Captain
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    bangjacobs wrote: »
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    madwullie wrote: »
    Stamina clearly reduces over time. Stick your players on aggressive interceptions and constant pressure and come back and tell me that stamina hardly moves.

    Here’s the dry lunch again. Great to see you. You’re clearly playing a different game to the rest of us. You can let the AI sprint around for 90 minutes and still have more than enough to finish the game - shouldn’t be this way.

    No you can't. My players have 0 stamina lefty at the 70minute mark if I do play aggressive. You my friend, are playing a different game.
    madwullie wrote: »
    Check out the 433(x) thread, video about 4 pages in. Stick those instructions on your team then come back and tell me stamina has little effect.

    Nothing wrong with slating the game if you don't like it (although would maybe question why people hang around the forums and play every day if it's that much of a chore) but I can't be doing with people making stuff up to strengthen their point.

    Stamina reduces over the match and your players are noticeably worse and slower. Messi and base gullit being two of the best known sufferers of this. There's a thread right now on the front page where other users are complaining of this problem with gullit.

    Edit: oh yeah and play the ball mate. No need for personal abuse

    @bangjacobs, have you played in div 1 rivals? You can’t breathe for 12 minutes. I can stick constant pressure, or press after possession loss, on a narrow formation and even team press on full backs for most of the game by constantly switching using dynamic tactics. I have around a 5th of a bar left. The difference in drain between balanced is not wide enough, that’s the issue. If you have 0 stamina, sort your tactics out. Low stamina does NOT effect the AI pressing you.

    I'm a div 4 player so this is from a completely different perspective. If your a div 1 player you are probably right. But messi at cf and isco at cm often has 0 stamina left late game for me. I do however run around like a moron probably.
  • Tubbs76
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes, game rewards people who rely on A.I, and know how to abuse the many broken game mechanics. It punishes anyone who does not and more so if you try to manual defend, etc.. Its a joke. !
Sign In or Register to comment.