One tip for a Fifa newbie

Wammo247
184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
What would be your number one playing tip? Started playing last month and losing lots :(

Comments

• ginntonicnyc
    387 posts Sunday League Hero
    be patient
  • Korthan
    2407 posts Fans' Favourite
    Look up the formation guides on here, they will help you.
  • saoa94
    74 posts Park Captain
    decide what you're going to do with the ball before you receive it
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    Offense:

Do not waste a single possession. You should always aim for at-least a shot on target during a possession.

Defense:

Read the field as you would from your opponents eyes. And if you can't, start practicing it. This ties in with predicting your opponent and baiting him.
  • Hibee
    12164 posts Has That Special Something
    Experiment with different formations until you get one that suits your style of play.

Don't pull your defenders out of position. Use your midfielders for defending where you can.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17253 posts World Class
    Ibarbo.
  • TheMighty F1sH
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ibarbo.

• DarkInvader
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    stay calm, no matter what happens
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    Find 1 formation and stick with it for a good while.
  • ginntonicnyc

Same could be said for players... Learn their traits and take time to utilize

• Helpy
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero

Same could be said for players... Learn their traits and take time to utilize

In addition to this, know your players WF/Skills rating before you get into the game. Know which is their preferred foot, how strong their WF is, what skills they can pull off. When you know your own players, that is one less thing distracting you from the field of play.
  • Onelovechris
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mostly a formation like 41212 starting. Just use some strength in the back. passers in the middle, pacey wingers and 1 pacey striker and a targetman for ex..

and try things out.. Also you could play first offline some matches so you can use to everything..

• Dylandrewlukesdad
    1542 posts Play-Off Hero
    How are you losing, you can't finish, you cant get to goal you concede too many? You need to play the game to get better. Learning how to defend is how I started to get better, then how to get to goal either with build up or other means (long ball or sprinting) you will need to know how to do it all so you can defend against it and now I am working on finishing. Practice, practice practice
  • Wammo247
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Thanks everyone will try a few things.

Been trying to play down the wings but not scoring much from my crossing.

Everybody seems to be able to surround my players in an instant so get very little time to think about my move.

Can't seem to cut inside and get shots away with my wingers as everyone seems pretty good at tackling
  • ginntonicnyc
    yea, the auto-tackle is strong in 15 and wing play and crossing are very toned down...

maybe try 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-1-2-1-2(2) and play more up the middle vs. a crossing game if that's not working for you...