Is this year a huge step back from 18 in content/servers/gameplay(after last patch)?

Vichy360
244 posts Sunday League Hero
As title
The game had great potential at start but now it's disappointing really.
Wt do u think?

Comments

• GodGoku
    308 posts Sunday League Hero
    Players feel like they are running in mud
  • Rich
    308 posts Sunday League Hero
    Content in the first 2 weeks was good but has gone downhill since. No flashback for weeks, today was a perfect opportunity for a flashback sbc. No movember and the same fut swaps as last month. Fut has so much potential why do they hold it back its such a frustration
  • DanCJ
    617 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Every year they try and give a little less. Fifa Points still are being bought by the truckload. They have it too pretty at the moment.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5839 posts Big Money Move
    Gameplay and servers yes.

Content no, we had daily SBCs for a while, got Bundes POTMs, possibly a La Liga one, flashbacks and more. Its dried up a little in the last few weeks and the Icon SBCs are dead but overall the content has been better than 18, everything else is much worse, though.

Lag and delay aside, this is the worst FIFA I've ever played for gameplay.
  • DanCJ
    At least you could play passes in the box on Fifa 18. Overpowered AI interceptions and blocks put paid to that sadly.
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    I actually think 18 was worse for gameplay, I liked the icon SBcs last year the that's about it
  • Giroud9267
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    At the moment I feel like I’m forced into playing WL to potentially get some decent gameplay in, rivals feels ❤️❤️❤️❤️ awful, absolutely dreadful.

The passing is so inconsistent for me, pogba and co constantly under hitting 3 yard passes. And the delay, Christ....
  • Lackosweat
    7076 posts Big Money Move
    Lag and delay aside, this is THE WORST FIFA I've ever played for gameplay.

• maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    I actually think 18 was worse for gameplay, I liked the icon SBcs last year the that's about it
    at least you mostly played against human and not AI

• MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    Lag and delay aside, this is THE WORST FIFA I've ever played for gameplay.

• Cbn
    1249 posts Professional
    Cant understand how they messed up so Bad with the gameplay. Maybe this is maximizing pack sales by reducing skill gap but then on the another hand even mediocre players should appreciate feel of control
  • antonius
    719 posts Semi-Pro
    The servers are literally unacceptable from a company of this size and the money that's thrown through it.... customers have an expectation and EA dont hold to that, its different everytime you play and most times for the worse
  • DanCJ
    We should all play each other as Bronze teams for a week. Solid. Then escalate to a month. Then the whole Fifa. Buy no points. You need to play as good players go back to the normal head to head Fifa like we used too.
  • Giroud9267
    Genuinely never experienced gameplay issues this bad on Fifa before. Why am I, why are we even complaining tbh though, it doesn’t make an ounce of difference in the end :)
  • agentxyz2
    822 posts Professional
    edited November 2018
    DanCJ wrote: »
    At least you could play passes in the box on Fifa 18. Overpowered AI interceptions and blocks put paid to that sadly.

Bro the passing on 18 was assisted beyong belief. Half the time it would pass for you. Watch this 30 second clip and and understand how Assisted passing is. @DanCJ

• OZero
    6769 posts Big Money Move
    19 have solved some very critical problems for 18 but on the other hand also bring in a lot of glitches. Looks like a game without proper testing to me. The gameplay is just slightly better and there are a few problems that EA must patch asap.
  • DanCJ
    Giroud9267 wrote: »
    Genuinely never experienced gameplay issues this bad on Fifa before. Why am I, why are we even complaining tbh though, it doesn’t make an ounce of difference in the end :)

You don’t get anything in life unless your prepared to take a bit of temporary pain for long term gain. The snowball can be small to get going but once it has decent momentum your off.
  • Kouli06
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero
    Vichy360 wrote: »
    As title
    Wt do u think?

Minus the shooting problems (mainly free kicks) when the game was in early access and the before the 1st patch this was actually a really good fifa.
    I gununily thought wow we finally have something good here.

2 patches later.....
    Aaaaaaannnnnd it’s gone!
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    maksi wrote: »

Felt just as assisted last year to me
  • Vichy360
    Kouli06 wrote: »
    As title
    Wt do u think?

Minus the shooting problems (mainly free kicks) when the game was in early access and the before the 1st patch this was actually a really good fifa.

2 patches later.....
    Aaaaaaannnnnd it’s gone!

Exactly THIS
    I liked it really at launch despite some flaws, yet they destroyed it with last patch !

• Kouli06
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kouli06 wrote: »
    As title
    Wt do u think?

2 patches later.....
    Aaaaaaannnnnd it’s gone!

Exactly THIS
    I liked it really at launch despite some flaws, yet they destroyed it with last patch !

So glad I’m not the only one
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Everything about it is boring.
    The game play
    The commentary
    The content
    The modes
    The rewards
    Everything

Need a new game to play tbh
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    I almost didn't buy 19, I'm definitely not buying next year. Taking a much needed break from this garbage, I love football. But FIFA has become as far away from the game as I'd ever imagined it could have. I'm actually sick to death of hammering people who sit deep all game to just counter you. Or only run down the wing and cross it. There's no diversity to FUT. It's all just a pompous grindy sweatfest full of absolute bedwetters dabbing their way to victories....

Couldn’t have said it better myself. This mode started to go downhill once it was no longer an add on. Look at the type of idiots you play regularly? It’s a kids mode now, simple as that

• Williejno1
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    What planet are u living on 18 was just as assisted as this possibly even more
  • Vichy360
    Williejno1 wrote: »
    What planet are u living on 18 was just as assisted as this
    No this year is far more

• Williejno1
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    No this year is far more
    Last year we had blind assisted 40-60 yard inch perfect passes by anyone on the pitch and the ai defence was just as assisted
  • Gromit
    4519 posts National Call-Up
    The game has been ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for a few years now and its only getting worse.

I wish they'd make 2 versions, one of the esports tryhards and one for the rest of us that actually want to use the other 12000+ cards in the database and not just those above 87 rated.

The game used to be so great, even when it had flaws. I don't see all these SBC and promotions as NEW content, it's just more of the same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ every week. The game was more rich in content when you just had the bronze silver and gold cup because you had the ability to make literally thousands of different teams.

• Giroud9267
    No this year is far more
    Last year we had blind assisted 40-60 yard inch perfect passes by anyone on the pitch and the ai defence was just as assisted

Oh, we still have those passes from what I’ve seen........
  • ICUP
    4292 posts National Call-Up
    Giroud9267 wrote: »
    No this year is far more

Oh, we still have those passes from what I’ve seen........

Everyone and their mums passes like Ronaldinho, doing some accurate 360 no look passes.

Passing needs to be fixed