Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Formation for my first WL this weekend

jpsblue
4652 posts National Call-Up
edited November 2018
So i played WL every weekend last year (gold2/1), and in fifa 19, i waited until i had a decent squad first before playing as i work full time now so haven't had much chance to play and get use to the game. anyway, this is my team

bwcI0yb.jpg

Telles comes in for Alonso btw on 8 chem

Thoughts? I feel 4321 ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me on counter attacks, no DM if you get what i mean.

should i go 4321 with the CAMS? 4411 with the CF or the one with CAM?

suggestions welcome

Thank you!

Comments

• RealM
    6156 posts Big Money Move
    I would go 41212 narrow or 4312. Use Lucas as a striker and have Hazard as the CAM, heard people say he is so much better central.
  • Koolfashion
    2732 posts Fans' Favourite
    4231 - KDB, ccam, Raul striker, hazard left cam, lucas right cam and you are good to go
  • jpsblue
    RealM wrote: »
    I would go 41212 narrow or 4312. Use Lucas as a striker and have Hazard as the CAM, heard people say he is so much better central.
    i loved 41212 narrow last year but i feel people use wide formations more in fifa 19 which will ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me
    4231 - KDB, ccam, Raul striker, hazard left cam, lucas right cam and you are good to go

i was thinking this too
  • Joestoe
    6630 posts Big Money Move
    4231 is just fine.
  • I'd suggest using different formations until you find one that you're comfortable with.
    4231 with cams is massively popular but I just can't get on with it.
  • Wonderfulwest
    4977 posts Big Money Move
    No one can tell you which formation will suit your play style best. You can try out recommended ones but honestly go with what your comfortable with and know how to play.
  • Scutch
    13173 posts Has That Special Something
    No one can tell you which formation will suit your play style best. You can try out recommended ones but honestly go with what your comfortable with and know how to play.

Basically this. One formation works well for one and not for the other. You have to try them all out and play with what you are comfortable with.
  • jpsblue
    i loved 41212 narrow last year but i feel people use wide formations more in fifa 19 which will ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me

i was thinking this too

yeah will do cheers. ill try 4231 and see how i get on with it. i did use it in all of fifa 17 and loved it but in fifa 18 i used 41212 narrow most of the time

pretty much my style of play is passing around, getting the wide players to get in behind and put crosses onto raul's head, or cut in, pass to a player near the box and try and get a shot in, or pass to someone that isn't marked etd
  • WFCBagnall
    75394 posts Moderator
    Why not put Fabinho on the left and start Telles on 8 chem as when you sub him on he only gets 5?
  • Wonderfulwest
    4977 posts Big Money Move
    jpsblue wrote: »
    i loved 41212 narrow last year but i feel people use wide formations more in fifa 19 which will **** me

i was thinking this too

yeah will do cheers. ill try 4231 and see how i get on with it. i did use it in all of fifa 17 and loved it but in fifa 18 i used 41212 narrow most of the time

pretty much my style of play is passing around, getting the wide players to get in behind and put crosses onto raul's head, or cut in, pass to a player near the box and try and get a shot in, or pass to someone that isn't marked etd

You might do well to try 433 (2) nice width which opens up play wide and allows crossing opportunities for your main man.
  • DonovanFan
    700 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You have two legends and you have to ask for formation help?! WTH