Constructive Advice for my WL team

nsholmberg11
1110 posts Professional
This will be only my second ever WL, got the red Lala last time which is a sick card. Anyway, although I like 4411-2 I’ve been running a 433-4 with this squad. Any helpful advice is much abliged. Cheers!

https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/1394551

Comments

• Not much advice can be given, you have a solid team with no clear weaknesses. How are you finding Lewandowski mate?
  • Kenpachi_FIFA
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    I m also going to play 1st WL. But I 've been playing like crap lately. Would love to get a red card.
  • jonkero
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    Git gud?
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well, I would review your players workrates.

Backline has both centrebacks with HH, and your left back has HL, with RB as HM. This leaves you open to counter attacks.

Your midfield doesn't have a true defensive midfielder, and lacks height (although Tolisso and his monster jumping helps there).

Frontline is solid. Love it.

Do you have a budget and any preferred player ?
  • nsholmberg11
    1110 posts Professional
    zzachzx4 wrote: »
    Not much advice can be given, you have a solid team with no clear weaknesses. How are you finding Lewandowski mate?
    Love Lewy! Definitely feels a level above IF Mandzukic, Higuain and Arnautovic (other strikers I’ve used). That 4* skills is a nice bonus but he’s such a great finisher.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Too slow. Shouldn't be an issue, but it is.
  • nsholmberg11
    1110 posts Professional
    tezmacfifa wrote: »
    Well, I would review your players workrates.

Backline has both centrebacks with HH, and your left back has HL, with RB as HM. This leaves you open to counter attacks.

Your midfield doesn't have a true defensive midfielder, and lacks height (although Tolisso and his monster jumping helps there).

Frontline is solid. Love it.

Do you have a budget and any preferred player ?
    Thanks, good ideas on workrates in midfield and defense! I don’t really see any other options in Bundesliga for defensive midfield, any suggestions?

Any I didn’t feel like there was a better option at LB, plus I love the symmetrical look. So I’d prefer another special card at LB. I only have another 11k right now plus my other teams and random players. Could probably pull together 10-25k (Xbox). I’ll look into other options for improved workrates, thanks!
  • dabeags
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’d drop Silva and the LB, and replace with Alaba and Boatang/Sule. Way over your budget but a big improvement
  • nsholmberg11
    1110 posts Professional
    dabeags wrote: »
    I’d drop Silva and the LB, and replace with Alaba and Boatang/Sule. Way over your budget but a big improvement

Thanks. Could also run with Chiellini and Bonucci at CB(those workrates @tezmacfifa !), and then CL Schmelzer/Schulz at LB. I just don’t have the cash for a big dog like Alaba or Sandro.
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    I use those two with Buffon behind them @nsholmberg11 they are the best trio I've used defensively so far, and all for less than half the price as Sergio Ramos, who has horrible workrates I might add.

Note : Alaba is phenomenal, worth saving for him.
  • number7rocky
    4147 posts National Call-Up
    You need a better lb and better than Robben, he is one footed and 79 pace
  • nsholmberg11
    1110 posts Professional
    I use those two with Buffon behind them @nsholmberg11 they are the best trio I've used defensively so far, and all for less than half the price as Sergio Ramos, who has horrible workrates I might add.

Thanks dude, hopefully another week or two and I should be there. Love that Italian trio!

Robben has been phenomenal for me, better goal/assist ratio than Reus, Perisic, Hulk, Shaqiri and even Arnautovic for me. I love that they have his dribbling style perfected and every defender assumes I’m just going to cut inside. Makes it easy to take it to the end line for a shot/cross. His dribbling and finishing are insane.
  • number7rocky

Thanks dude, hopefully another week or two and I should be there. Love that Italian trio!

Robben has been phenomenal for me, better goal/assist ratio than Reus, Perisic, Hulk, Shaqiri and even Arnautovic for me. I love that they have his dribbling style perfected and every defender assumes I’m just going to cut inside. Makes it easy to take it to the end line for a shot/cross. His dribbling and finishing are insane.

Take it to end line on his 2 star weak foot :joy: A 2 star weak will let you down and cost you at some stage
  • nsholmberg11
    1110 posts Professional
    Take it to end line on his 2 star weak foot :joy: A 2 star weak will let you down and cost you at some stage [/quote]

Works for me. Everyone defends his left foot which makes it easy to penetrate a defense and open up play. I’m a mad decent player, 56-21-52 with Robben 12g/3a in 24 matches. Reus only has 6/5 and Lewy 17/11 in 24. I drive people nuts with Robben. Love using him. Don’t think there are any other viable options at RW in Bundesliga anyways
  • number7rocky
    Take it to end line on his 2 star weak foot :joy: A 2 star weak will let you down and cost you at some stage

Works for me. Everyone defends his left foot which makes it easy to penetrate a defense and open up play. I’m a mad decent player, 56-21-52 with Robben 12g/3a in 24 matches. Reus only has 6/5 and Lewy 17/11 in 24. I drive people nuts with Robben. Love using him. Don’t think there are any other viable options at RW in Bundesliga anyways[/quote]

Try Ousmane Dembele a 5 star weak foot gives you so many better options. I don't like anything below 4 on attackers and strongly prefer 5
  • nsholmberg11
    1110 posts Professional
    Try Ousmane Dembele a 5 star weak foot gives you so many better options. I don't like anything below 4 on attackers and strongly prefer 5 [/quote]
    Fair. I did love that Perisic Cuadrado combo I previously had. Didn’t even think about French RW, I just hate Barca... will have to try regardless. Thanks