How to defend/score corners?

hrv97
3399 posts National Call-Up
Over the past two weeks i managed to concede around 30 corner goals in 60 matches. However the last time i scored from a corner kick was probably 3 weeks ago in the first fut19 wl. Can you guys give me some advice? :D

Comments

• heefmondo
    1450 posts Play-Off Hero
    I just full power it in and hope for the best
  • EA_Andy
    2991 posts EA Community Manager
    I can't seem to get the hang of scoring a lot of corners but I also concede hardly any.

For defending them I usually get my tallest player (currently Pogba but before was Varane) and run towards the near post if that's where the ball is coming in to try and get it headed away.

Seen a good few people saying they control their keeper too which helps but I've not tried that myself yet.
  • hrv97
    3399 posts National Call-Up
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    I can't seem to get the hang of scoring a lot of corners but I also concede hardly any.

For defending them I usually get my tallest player (currently Pogba but before was Varane) and run towards the near post if that's where the ball is coming in to try and get it headed away.

Seen a good few people saying they control their keeper too which helps but I've not tried that myself yet.

5 of my 7 wl losses last week were caused by corner goals. I try to select Fellaini or Bailly and let them cover the near post, but as you can see in the gif it doesn't really work for me.
  • Whoman
    5305 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    Defend: Since everybody does the same thing every damn time: Simply position yourself in front of the player on the short post, actively approach the ball once in the air and press B/X (NOT A).

Attack: Don't do the same thing every damn time ;) There are about 5 'routines' i regularly score from, with using the "Full Power near Post" only on pretty much the last corner of a game after doing sth else 4,5 times. Because that's when it is actually effective ...

In general, as basic as it sounds, having tall players helps. Especially identify which player guards the near post area (edge of 5 yard box), which depends on your starting formation. Then see if you don't have a taller option that works chem-wise.
    On offense, this holds true. If all your players from CM forward are midgets, that's not helping.

I kept track last week and scored 4 times as many as i conceded and that was with Modric at the near post/5 yard edge.

• Davisto
    6081 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    The marking is terrible tbh on corners yeah sure paco alcacer will mark and stop chiellini :joy:
  • CokePrime
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I can't remember the last time I conceded from a corner. I always bring my player that's nearest the front post *currently Pogba* to the centre of the box and about 3 metres infront of the first oppositions player, never just put them right infront of them and clear with B, will clear pretty much any ball they put in.
  • Carlos181
    3772 posts National Call-Up
    I love people that control their tallest player, and leaves them at front post. Makes it easier for my Varane that is sitting far post to score.
  • Whoman
    5305 posts Big Money Move
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    I love people that control their tallest player, and leaves them at front post. Makes it easier for my Varane that is sitting far post to score.

That makes us members of a group of about 2 dozen people that don't blindly smash it to the front post. Guarding the front post does have a lot more validity than blindly smashing it there ;)