Real talk: is division 5 harder than division 4?

smcali23
1160 posts Professional
One win and I'm promoted. I've heard a lot of people say it's not worth it and that seems kinda ridiculous.

Comments

• pudgyfudgy
    5323 posts Big Money Move
    I've played in both and Div 4 is harder on average. Plus you need more points for Rank 1, which makes it even more of a grind. Unless you're good you kinda need to play all the way to Thursday to guarantee Rank 1. In Div 5 I could pretty much wrap up Rank 1 by Tuesday or sometimes even Monday.

You can try it out for 1 week and see if you like it.
  • Mahy87
    592 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I didnt play in Div4 yet... but people around saying that players in div4 are relegating themselves to Div5 because of the rewards are better and easier. However, tbh, I faced many High Rated teams this week and many good players.
  • Elliot666
    2019 posts Fans' Favourite
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    I've played in both and Div 4 is harder on average. Plus you need more points for Rank 1, which makes it even more of a grind. Unless you're good you kinda need to play all the way to Thursday to guarantee Rank 1. In Div 5 I could pretty much wrap up Rank 1 by Tuesday or sometimes even Monday.

I play WL (18-20 wins a week)

I just nee to play about 10 games all week to garentee rank 1 div 5
  • miri
    2719 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2018
    Less about division and more about skill rating imo - if I go down to around 1600 SR the games often feel incredibly easy, but once I get to 1850 it's a massive struggle.
  • Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    Div 4 is a lot harder than 5
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1111 posts Professional
    Elliot666 wrote: »

this
  • Jobiwan
    2922 posts Fans' Favourite
    miri wrote: »
    Less about division and more about skill rating imo - if I go down to around 1600 SR the games often feel incredibly easy, but once I get to 1850 it's a massive struggle.

Yeah i find the exact same. As soon as i get to 1850 i go on a long losing streak back down to 1600-1700
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    Won’t be for long, since the rewards are dynamic. As more people who play more crowd D5, it’ll actually become harder to rank up than in D4.
  • Only1United
    1394 posts Play-Off Hero
    Shezzzzzzz wrote: »
    Elliot666 wrote: »

this

10 games don't get you rank 1 div 5 more like 12-15 games
  • iRusty_yo
    3709 posts National Call-Up
    I’m div 4 and it’s a chore as each game is just tight & sweaty followed by obscene amount of dabbing/shushing etc.

• Equinox 85
    700 posts An Exciting Prospect
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    I’m div 4 and it’s a chore as each game is just tight & sweaty followed by obscene amount of dabbing/shushing etc.

Try div 3. It’s a case of trying your hardest for the entire match. Rewards are awful too.