Some nice pack luck...crazy to wait?

TurdFerguson
2292 posts Fans' Favourite
edited October 2018
So I picked the game up last week and have only played a few games so far. Not terribly in love with this version, but hey, it's Fifa, and I'm an addict, so I'll play it. I was committed to not spending nearly as much this year on packs, but I figured I'd give it a bit to get started a build a decent starting squad. Opened up 2 premium electrums, and boom, Kante :) Sold him instantly for 400k. I can now build the team I figured I would be trying to save up for for a few months, but I can't help but think, isn't it better to wait? I figure prices are as high as they will be all year right now, and with TOTY on the horizon, not to mention how easy it seems to make coins this year with division rivals (I am in D5 and if I rank 3 I get 32k...seriously?), shouldn't I just wait and buy my team during TOTY? Am I crazy to think that the team I can buy now will be worth half that by Christmas? Any thoughts greatly appreciated, cheers boys.

Comments

• A_Snipe
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    Buy players and enjoy. A month or two is a lot of playing time.
  • TurdFerguson
    A_Snipe wrote: »
    yeah I guess, I just know I'll be kicking myself in a month or two when my team has lost a ton of value. I don't play that much and I am going out of town for a couple weeks in a week or so, so it wouldn't be a huge sacrifice to wait. I'm not taking it as seriously this year, the last couple years I was doing FUT champs every weekend, just cba anymore to put that much time into the game.
  • smcali23
    1113 posts Professional
    Toty is a long way away dude
  • is1996
    649 posts Semi-Pro
    i have the same amount of coins as you . well slightly i have 420k so i just built a very OP squad eith around 70k i have 350k remaining .i still have fun plus i will not lose that many coins . i made and expensive squad for last weekend league and lost 40k since the market kind of crashed so im with you on the saving coins part my team is 4321 mandanda mendy (bpl) kimpembe manolas floremzi
    de rossi rabiot coman lacazette and thauvin i switch 4231 narrow .incase you want to build it
  • hayhor1
    13973 posts Has That Special Something
    A_Snipe wrote: »

It's ok to buy some now. Personally I wait until at least Thanksgiving for any big purchases.
  • IxToMxI
    4997 posts Big Money Move
    In B4 everyone reads and packs nothing from premium electrum players
  • TacoDaPug
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Toty is too soon, make your team on June, that’ll do.
  • Del654
    676 posts Semi-Pro
    You can buy decent players for cheap just don't buy any of the big guns.
  • TurdFerguson
    the players im after include Griezman, IF Yeder, Pogba, and Sandro, all of which I can't help but feel like are drastically over priced at the moment, I;m confident they will collectively drop by 50% in a months time, buying now seems silly.
  • is1996
    649 posts Semi-Pro
    the players im after include Griezman, IF Yeder, Pogba, and Sandro, all of which I can't help but feel like are drastically over priced at the moment, I;m confident they will collectively drop by 50% in a months time, buying now seems silly.

Cant forgive myself for not buying a couple of ben yedders when they were going for 60k when he was still in packs lol
  • RadioShaq
    14617 posts Moderator
    There should be a crash next month. I mean there is always a crash coming up so just depends what you want to do.