What am I doing wrong with Lukaku?

amsemp
12 posts Last Pick at the Park
I’ve been using Lacazette and Giroud up front in a 5-2-1-2 with a maestro card on Giroud. They were unbelievably good together with Giroud getting a lot of assists and headed goals.

Upgraded Giroud to Lukaku and I just can’t seem to do anything right with him. I know people rave about him but he can’t seem to win a single header, gets shoved off the ball and his shooting and passing is awful.

Anyone had any similar experiences with him or know how to get the best out of him?

Comments

• TacoDaPug
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Don’t play for his heading and don’t try to abuse his strength. That’s not how he works, play as he was a normal striker and his strength and heading will show in the right occasions. Not in every occasion. Be careful with his first touch and don’t dribble more than necessary with him. He’s a beast if used correctly.
  • LiamSully
    6187 posts Big Money Move
    TacoDaPug wrote: »
    Don’t play for his heading and don’t try to abuse his strength. That’s not how he works, play as he was a normal striker and his strength and heading will show in the right occasions. Not in every occasion. Be careful with his first touch and don’t dribble more than necessary with him. He’s a beast if used correctly.

Totally agree
    He’s like a wardrobe on rollerkates, and occasionally the door swings open and sends one top corner

2-3 touches at most and he’ll lose it so play quick and try to get it into his left foot ASAP and you’ll be ok
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11860 posts Has That Special Something
    amsemp wrote: »
    I’ve been using Lacazette and Giroud up front in a 5-2-1-2 with a maestro card on Giroud. They were unbelievably good together with Giroud getting a lot of assists and headed goals.

Upgraded Giroud to Lukaku and I just can’t seem to do anything right with him. I know people rave about him but he can’t seem to win a single header, gets shoved off the ball and his shooting and passing is awful.

Anyone had any similar experiences with him or know how to get the best out of him?

His shooting is absolutely fantastic he scores in pretty much every game for me.

Will be hard to drop him from my squad this year.
  • Aspral
    3425 posts National Call-Up
    I love him tbh. Getting hattricks constantly

Play him as a 1 instead of a 2 up top. You dont want him using link up play and passing/moving in a two.

He should be finishing and bullying. His finishing is incredible
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    Using him is the first problem
  • deang07
    8261 posts League Winner
    dont try do wat u think hel be good at all the time i.e crosses headers ect even tho hes good at that
    hes also great at running through and has a rocket shot play him as target man with another str on get in behind