The NFL Lounge

Comments

• james2060
    3007 posts National Call-Up
    He lost the battle to Haskins after breaking his hand, Haskins then had a record breaking season for OSU so was never going to be replaced. If you watch the end of 2018 you'll see he started to play much like in 2019, 2018 was his first year starting.
    I just think he processes the field so fast and his accuracy is ridiculous so any question about arm strength loses traction. I wouldn't want to be in a position where you're relying on your QB to throw a 50 yarder to win a game, sure Mahomes had to to win the superbowl but that's not the expectation with Burrow whilst in Cincinnati.
    I get the concerns, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have any, but last season was that extraordinary that he goes top 5 every year imo.
  • Hicksy2011
    18485 posts World Class
    edited May 2020
    I guess I’m also generally grading him for any team, the fact that he’s an Ohio native and you also need an immediate starter (he’s got the least question marks in the draft over his ability to do that) adds more value for your specific organisation
  • james2060
    Dak rejecting a 175m contract :astonished:

George Iloka said a while back, he reckons qb's should be exempt from the salary cap. I mean KC are going to give Mahomes 40-50mil a year, surely they can't expect to win a Super Bowl when 20%+ of the cap is going on one player.
  • Alastair
    10251 posts Moderator
    Whats the record for most 0-16 seasons? :joy:

• Hicksy2011
    18485 posts World Class

this came to my attention last week and since then ive been watching all the film room sessions (some were released a year ago) just so so good all of them, love to hear what these guys do and how they think
  • AaronMFC
    2049 posts Fans' Favourite
    10 year contract for Mahomes the chiefs are going to be fun for a long time.
  • Hicksy2011
    18485 posts World Class
    If this Washington story is all that it’s rumoured to be this sport might be about to go mental
  • james2060

When there's smoke there's fire...

Is it bad that I'm not surprised at all by this. I'm hoping the teams that have bribed officials are named, there's a few that get their fair share of favourable decisions.
  • Hicksy2011
    18485 posts World Class
    whoever ends up getting Amon-Ra St. Brown is going to be happy
    even in his high school tape the little tricks in his route running are crazy, hes going to be brilliant
  • james2060
    Feels like a lot of injuries already only a couple days into full practice
  • Hicksy2011
    18485 posts World Class
    Yeh it’s been a tough one for these guys
    WRs have been able to test the body pretty well over the last few weeks running routes but I’m not sure how much guys (particularly linemen) have actually been able to do compared to how brutal their contacts are
  • james2060

Tanking season in Florida round 2, I think this may be more successful than Miami.. I think it's a good move, he's not getting an extension so why play him when he's not going to be around long might as well see what you've got.
  • Hicksy2011
    18485 posts World Class
    Theyve got so many picks lined up already it’s insane
    Just a shame we don’t get this college season by the looks of it
    Fields was building some serious momentum but I guess it will just be Lawrence number 1 now no matter what
  • james2060
    Next year's draft will be weird, Ja'Marr Chase probably the first of many players to sit the year out. Will be difficult to judge players with a year without playing, equally you could see a lot of high round picks flop and a lot of low round picks be great
  • Hicksy2011
    18485 posts World Class
    Some serious talent as well by the looks of it, be interesting to see if we see a lot of 2022 picks being traded to move up in 2021
    Lawrence, Fields, Chase and a few others all seem really good prospects
    And that O-line dude who everyone seems to think is a day 1 pro bowler
  • james2060

Interesting take... I like him but not sure he's in the MVP conversation
  • james2060
    edited September 2020
    3 MORE DAYZZZ
  • james2060
    Prediction time.. I'll take 6-7 wins, a general improvement and step in the right direction. If Green stays healthy, that's worth a couple wins a season and I think Burrow will have a good impact first season. Last year was just bad, this is the transition in to something positive for the next few years.
  • Hicksy2011
    18485 posts World Class
    Not really sure to be honest, its an awkward one
    not helped by our schedule actually being pretty tough
    maybe 5 wins?
    idk the team has a lot of young talent but weve already lost three members of the secondary (McKinney, Baker and Beal) which has probably hit us back a notch
    add that Solder opting out means either two rookies at tackle or one rookie and Fleming who isnt great
    Just hope we get some good coaching, think we could hit 7 wins or so if they do that but it will be tough, especially with no home fans
  • james2060
    Game Dey!
  • maymanpele
    14520 posts Has That Special Something
    james2060 wrote: »
    Game Dey!

About damn time
  • Hicksy2011
    18485 posts World Class
    Yehhhh boys
    Not ideal having the Giants on a late game tomorrow when I’m so busy at work
    But looking forward to 2 hours time
  • james2060
    Some blocking and defence would be nice here, not asking for much like
  • Fifapayne
    3496 posts National Call-Up
    Nick Chubb is a goat
  • james2060
    An actual goat would've put up numbers last night
  • Fifapayne
    3496 posts National Call-Up
    james2060 wrote: »
    An actual goat would've put up numbers last night

22 carries 124 yards
    5.6 yards a carry
    2 TDs

If they keep Kareem hunt on the bench..Chubb will be even better.

He keeps this up he will be on the HOF
    So not sure what you’re on about.
  • james2060
    Wtf :D