The NFL Lounge

Comments

• james2060
    2949 posts Fans' Favourite
    He lost the battle to Haskins after breaking his hand, Haskins then had a record breaking season for OSU so was never going to be replaced. If you watch the end of 2018 you'll see he started to play much like in 2019, 2018 was his first year starting.
    I just think he processes the field so fast and his accuracy is ridiculous so any question about arm strength loses traction. I wouldn't want to be in a position where you're relying on your QB to throw a 50 yarder to win a game, sure Mahomes had to to win the superbowl but that's not the expectation with Burrow whilst in Cincinnati.
    I get the concerns, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have any, but last season was that extraordinary that he goes top 5 every year imo.
  • Hicksy2011
    16377 posts World Class
    edited May 2
    I guess I’m also generally grading him for any team, the fact that he’s an Ohio native and you also need an immediate starter (he’s got the least question marks in the draft over his ability to do that) adds more value for your specific organisation
  • james2060
    2949 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dak rejecting a 175m contract :astonished:

George Iloka said a while back, he reckons qb's should be exempt from the salary cap. I mean KC are going to give Mahomes 40-50mil a year, surely they can't expect to win a Super Bowl when 20%+ of the cap is going on one player.
  • Alastair
    10207 posts Moderator
    Whats the record for most 0-16 seasons? :joy:

• Hicksy2011
    16377 posts World Class

this came to my attention last week and since then ive been watching all the film room sessions (some were released a year ago) just so so good all of them, love to hear what these guys do and how they think