Icon set 2 who to choose?

xFATAL
4037 posts National Call-Up
It's between Larsson, Ferdinand or Lampard? Just looking for some feedback on these players if anyone's used them. I had Prime Larsson last year and he was great but the other 2 look interesting.

Comments

• LiamSully
    6004 posts Big Money Move
    I had Rio last year, I’m waiting for Maldini and Cannavaro this time round

Rio was great, but his WRs got me into trouble a few times and I really did feel stuck with him towards the end, so I put him into another Icon around Futties time
  • xFATAL
    LiamSully wrote: »

Rio was great, but his WRs got me into trouble a few times and I really did feel stuck with him towards the end, so I put him into another Icon around Futties time

I think it's between Lampard and Larsson. Ferdinand looks great but not sure if he's that much Better than someone like Varane. I just think a striker or mid would be more impactful.
  • Ben7777
    310 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lampard looks the best option depending on playstyle/formation. Makelele would be great in a 41212 though.
  • shez82
    367 posts Sunday League Hero
    Makelele all day for me
  • xFATAL
    edited October 2018
    Ben7777 wrote: »
    Lampard looks the best option depending on playstyle/formation. Makelele would be great in a 41212 though.
    shez82 wrote: »
    Makelele all day for me

He looks real similar to Kante or Matuidi.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    edited October 2018
    xFATAL wrote: »

I think it's between Lampard and Larsson. Ferdinand looks great but not sure if he's that much Better than someone like Varane. I just think a striker or mid would be more impactful.

Dude he’s much better than Varane. 2nd best CB on the game behind Maldini. Fifa 19 is the year of OP AI defence, Rio is a wall
  • Ishibum
    12256 posts Has That Special Something
    Larsson doesn't remotely represent good value. If you put a gun to my head and told me to do the SBC, I'd get Ferdi or Lampard
  • xFATAL
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Larsson doesn't remotely represent good value. If you put a gun to my head and told me to do the SBC, I'd get Ferdi or Lampard
    He was top 5 best strikers last year for me but I am leaning towards Lampard since I could use him at CM, CDM or CAM.

So, I've completed all the sbcs and cost was 740k and still have the packs to open. Much cheaper than I thought but I had several high rated Untradeables and informs.
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    Easy

33nwbhj.jpg
  • Zv1k0
    5859 posts Big Money Move
    Lampard is great. I was using him at CAM in 352 with powerhouse chem style. Very stamina consuming position, no problem for Lampard with his high stamina.
    You need Iniesta-like passes? Go for Lampard.
    You need long distance shooter? Lampard bangs them in like guess who, Lampard in his prime. ;)
    Makes great runs, always at the right place at the right time and finishing is like he is a top striker. On top of that he does well in defence too.

Note that this is a review from a guy who has Lampard on his profile pic. O bias right? :D
  • xFATAL
    edited October 2018
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Lampard is great. I was using him at CAM in 352 with powerhouse chem style. Very stamina consuming position, no problem for Lampard with his high stamina.
    You need long distance shooter? Lampard bangs them in like guess who, Lampard in his prime. ;)
    Makes great runs, always at the right place at the right time and finishing is like he is a top striker. On top of that he does well in defence too.

Note that this is a review from a guy who has Lampard on his profile pic. O bias right? :D

I did go with Lampard. :)

Almost chose Larsson but I think there will be many better options for cheaper. Lampard I can use in several positions in the midfield plus he will be more useful for linking players from other leagues.

Now about to open the packs and calculate final cost
  • Acker
    1123 posts Moderator
    Out of interest how much did it cost compared to the tradeable version ?

I am so disappointed that both sets have required an icon to be submitted
  • Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

I did go with Lampard. :)

Almost chose Larsson but I think there will be many better options for cheaper. Lampard I can use in several positions in the midfield plus he will be more useful for linking players from other leagues.

Now about to open the packs and calculate final cost

Looking at his stats he would be a monumental box to box cm with shadow on and those h/h work rates.
  • fifaplayerbol
    4320 posts National Call-Up
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

Dude he’s much better than Varane. 2nd best CB on the game behind Maldini. Fifa 19 is the year of OP AI defence, Rio is a wall

Maldini on 19 doesn't fit the META as much as he did on the last one tbh
  • xFATAL
    Acker wrote: »

I estimated 740k but after adding it up only cost me 696k+ several high rated untradeable UCL players. And I still haven't opened the packs. You can get 83s 84s and 85s so cheap right now.
  • Acker
    1123 posts Moderator

I estimated 740k but after adding it up only cost me 696k+ several high rated untradeable UCL players. And I still haven't opened the packs. You can get 83s 84s and 85s so cheap right now.

Thanks all the best with rewards

• xFATAL
    edited October 2018

Thanks all the best with rewards

Did ok with the packs. Iniesta, Alli, Pjanic, Fekir and 2 low rated Informs were the notables.

I'll get about 140k from packs Bringing the total cost + untradeables to 556k for Prime Lampard.
  • QuinnUK87
    1801 posts Play-Off Hero
    There is no question about it...

The only elite tier icon there Is Ferdinand. The rest of them are not end game cards.
  • xFATAL
    QuinnUK87 wrote: »
    There is no question about it...

The only elite tier icon there Is Ferdinand. The rest of them are not end game cards.

I'll use Lampard till they release a big Icon SBC I want like Eusebio, Cruyff or Gullit. Gonna need several so this is just the start in preparation, I just hope they release them in a reasonable amount of time.
  • Ace_Calhoune
    956 posts Professional
    Did two Lampard and makalele. Chelsea fan so couldn’t help myself. Did well from the packs, got hazard, neuer, scream deeney, 3 discard informs, lots of 85/84 cards
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12952 posts Has That Special Something
    I had Larsson and Rio last year...if I was doing it this time (which I'm not) and it was my first icon.... I'd always go for an attacking player first ...so I'd go Larsson, he's was my top scorer in 18 with most games played. Proper GOAT

If I have the coins I'll be buying an icon instead of going untradeable this year tho, I'm saving for my hero Giggs :)
  • xFATAL
    edited October 2018
    I had Larsson and Rio last year...if I was doing it this time (which I'm not) and it was my first icon.... I'd always go for an attacking player first ...so I'd go Larsson, he's was my top scorer in 18 with most games played. Proper GOAT

If I have the coins I'll be buying an icon instead of going untradeable this year tho, I'm saving for my hero Giggs :)

I also did way to many Icons last year and regretted it when TOTS came around. Will be more selective this year. I had Prime Larsson in 18 so I figured I'd try Lampard out who I was a big fan of. Also nice having Icons in mid so I can link attack and defense from other leagues with no problem.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12952 posts Has That Special Something

I also did way to many Icons last year and regretted it when TOTS came around. Will be more selective this year. I had Prime Larsson in 18 so I figured I'd try Lampard out who I was a big fan of. Also nice having Icons in mid so I can link attack and defense from other leagues with no problem.

Yeah I did too many last year too. But nobody foreseen the carnage that TOTS would bring...lol. sentiment should really count more than anything else when picking an icon. So I hope you enjoy Lampard tho mate :)
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    seems like bad value imo, can still buy the cards for close to the cost but if I had to chose one Rio, even thou I think Desailly is way better.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Lampard was the only good choice, well done