So, 50% or more of the Icons wont be used in games, ever ...

Whoman
5414 posts Big Money Move
... because they are absolutely terrible value for coins and are solely existing as SBC fodder.

Great Idea EA.

Comments

• Whoman
    Why not make it more IFs instead, of which supply renews itself much better ?
  • Knowlesdinho
    10572 posts Has That Special Something
    They’ve dropped the ball for sure this year!
  • CervezaNL
    1271 posts Professional
    @EA_Andy

Eleborate please...
  • ccooaattssyy
    7848 posts League Winner
    Poor
  • Davisto
    6297 posts Big Money Move
    Completely agree tbh the concept of 3 different icons cards was terrible anyway, would of preferred 1 card but more variety in incons.
  • AlexSolm
    8205 posts League Winner
    edited October 2018
    Completely agree, they could have asked for something different every set and the first one should have been much cheaper
  • YOLOT0URE
    6970 posts Big Money Move
    ...so pretty much the same as last year?
  • MikeyP_FC
    12986 posts Has That Special Something
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »

Does that somehow make the argument less valid? It still holds true this year.
  • YOLOT0URE
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »

It doesn’t, but people didn’t really complain last year. Why would it be any different this year? Last year there were icons that were cheaper to complete and then throw into another icon. I bet that happened to more icons than were used. Nobody batted an eye. Just because that isn’t the case this year it now seems to be an issue
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite

It doesn’t, but people didn’t really complain last year. Why would it be any different this year? Last year there were icons that were cheaper to complete and then throw into another icon. I bet that happened to more icons than were used. Nobody batted an eye. Just because that isn’t the case this year it now seems to be an issue

Because EA should have learned from last year and made adjustments accordingly. Instead they just made a different way to have the same problem
  • Knowlesdinho
    10572 posts Has That Special Something

There were definitely people complaining about the set up last year.

People will complain whatever, I agree, but this throwaway icon concept that they’ve got going on is ridiculous.

It is what it is, as always! I won’t complete any of these Icon SBCs, I’ll just buy the primes I want.
  • Whoman
    edited October 2018

If by “the same“ you actually mean “much worse“, then yeah.

The cheapest Icons topped 400k a few select times, now they are 550 and it is not even November and it is going to get worse.

It just makes no sense to actually take away any incentive to use them. But then again, EA seems perfectly fine with the “40 cards to use, 10000 to throw in SBCs“ routine bread by WEL and spread by YTers to their army of sheep.
  • YOLOT0URE
    Whoman wrote: »

The cheapest Icons topped 400k a few select times, now they are 550 and it is not even November and it is going to get worse.

It just makes no sense to actually take away any incentive to use them. But then again, EA seems perfectly fine with the “40 cards to use, 10000 to throw in SBCs“ routine bread by WEL and spread by YTers to their army of sheep.

It’s a competitive game mode though, why would people put themselves at a disadvantage using. No matter what people will use those 40 cards and that’s down to the fact that everyone moaned that UT was getting stale.
  • WFCBagnall
    70452 posts Moderator
    Take out the icon requirement. Simple.
  • Jackadinho
    1255 posts Professional
    I think the icon requirement should only be a thing for the top tier icons
  • Whoman

It’s a competitive game mode though, why would people put themselves at a disadvantage using. No matter what people will use those 40 cards and that’s down to the fact that everyone moaned that UT was getting stale.

And why exactly can it not at least be a more realistic option for people to use mid-tier Icons ? Wouldn't affect the conpetitive crowd one bit if EA managed Icon Prices better.
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

They'll need to add squad or two than.

I support ea on this.
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    It wasn't near as big of an issue last year because you could complete other primes that didn't require an icon (which I did multiple times) and use those icons. This year you can't so rip market
  • iitalic
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero

what on earth does that sentence mean?

all three nakata's are the same price
    all 3 deco's are the same price.
    all 3 puyol are the same price

i could go on but this isnt complicated. the whole point of introducing 3 different versions was to have cheaper alternatives for people to use and enjoy. they made it so all mid to low end icons will be the same price for the rest of the year instead of the opposite. only going to get worse when you start needing 2 or 3
  • Milanista28
    1169 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    Make the Icon squad a coin dump instead. Gotta pay 300k before you start on the next squads.

Or repeatable Baby Icon SBC player pick packs of 3 to choose from.
  • Rich
    270 posts Sunday League Hero
    Having to put an icon into an icon sbc is a killer for me and its putting icons out of reach for a large amount of people I was saving for one but now all of a sudden I'm at least another 100k away the reus and hazard sbcs offer much better value imo
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have a feeling their plan to boost the price of 83/84/85s is baby icon sbc
  • mjs4p
    11092 posts Has That Special Something
    Base Icon SBC fixes this problem assuming the requirements aren’t dumb. I just question whether EA will be willing to do it or not. If they require 84-86 squads it would probably work, or 83-85 squads with a number of IFs required.
  • It would be great if one of the reward packs for completing an SBC in the Icon groups is an untradeable base icon pick pack. I would love to try out a Nakata for fun but no way am I paying 500k plus to do it.
  • BrentfordFC
    12073 posts Has That Special Something
    Blarix wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

They'll need to add squad or two than.

I support ea on this.

You probably stacked on em mert :lol:
  • xLewangoalski9x
    228 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's going to be even worse with better icons coming in the future. Expect that you will need min. 3 icons for each set with players like R9, Pele, Cruyff, Eusebio,...
  • RebelRob
    5226 posts Big Money Move
    A base icon sbc at 3/400k will alleviate this issue, whilst making 83s and 84s sky rocket.

Can’t see that not happening tbh.
  • Finesse_4days
    7231 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    I know this sounds like a BS idea but why dont they just charge lets say 500k for a squad instead of requiring an icon, it could just takes your coins from your balance like entering a draft , this would mean the supply of icons wouldn't be reduced meaning some of the actual cheaper icons get used. Although people wouldn't be able to submit crap ones into another sbc you shouldn't do terrible ones in the first place
  • Davisto wrote: »
    Completely agree tbh the concept of 3 different icons cards was terrible anyway, would of preferred 1 card but more variety in incons.

Blanc is an anomaly in the fact that he's the only player that offers two "distance" cards. Everyone else is the exact same with stats slightly changed around and only players like Henry and Ronaldo having significant boosts from baby to prime.
  • Whoman
    Overmars now costs 950 to complete when it was 400ish last year. Well thought out strategy here :'(