Weekend league difficulty

chiodos86
24 posts Last Pick at the Park
This’ll be my first weekend league in any fifa. I’m pretty average with a 1:1 w/l record (a fair few losses for loyalty glitch). Move up and down between div 5 & 6 in rivals.

What should I roughly be expecting in terms of wl rank if I play all 30 games? Probably a difficult question to answer as everyone’s different but as a rough idea?

Comments

• GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    it depends if you get lucky with match making. Aim for gold 3
  • HullCity1904
    2469 posts Fans' Favourite
    you should be looking to get 11 wins. that should be your first goal.
  • Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    You shouldnt be getting losses if you're doing the loyalty glitch

Play TOTW Challenge , kick off , disconnect internet , connect internet - repeat
  • i88i
    528 posts An Exciting Prospect
    chiodos86 wrote: »
    This’ll be my first weekend league in any fifa. I’m pretty average with a 1:1 w/l record (a fair few losses for loyalty glitch). Move up and down between div 5 & 6 in rivals.

What should I roughly be expecting in terms of wl rank if I play all 30 games? Probably a difficult question to answer as everyone’s different but as a rough idea?

Did my first ever w/l last week got gold 3. I also go between div 5 6. Just grind it out mate and don't get put off by heavy defeats, it happens.
  • ASHERLAUYY
    1013 posts Professional
    Depends what team you're going to use there
  • chiodos86
    You shouldnt be getting losses if you're doing the loyalty glitch

Play TOTW Challenge , kick off , disconnect internet , connect internet - repeat

I didn’t do the disconnect bit cuz I’m not fussed about my record, but yeah prob shouldn’t call it a glitch.

i88i wrote: »
    chiodos86 wrote: »

Did my first ever w/l last week got gold 3. I also go between div 5 6. Just grind it out mate and don't get put off by heavy defeats, it happens.

Cheers mate, I’d be happy with gold 3 I reckon
  • Reezy86
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Your ranking matches will be random AF...then you get placed in a division. Then get bamboozled by all the sweats :)
  • Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    Reezy86 wrote: »
    Your ranking matches will be random AF...then you get placed in a division. Then get bamboozled by all the sweats :)

Thats division rivals
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have a 1:1 ratio and play in div 5 and I finished gold 3 with 14 wins last week.

I found WL easier than div 5 has been this week.
  • jackm57
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
    You will win more games in FUT Champions than you would in Division 5 and they will feel easier.

Matchmaking is wierd this year.

There seems to be more try hards in rivals than in the WL too.
  • chiodos86
    I have a 1:1 ratio and play in div 5 and I finished gold 3 with 14 wins last week.

I found WL easier than div 5 has been this week.
    jackm57 wrote: »
    You will win more games in FUT Champions than you would in Division 5 and they will feel easier.

Matchmaking is wierd this year.

There seems to be more try hards in rivals than in the WL too.

Oh that’s interesting, I was preparing for a whole new level of difficulty with WL. I’d def be happy with gold 3 for my first one.
  • QK_CillitBang_04
    224 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    this year if you loose some games you will get matched up with ppl who lost recently too.

IMO its a way better system then last year. Last year once i hit gold 2 i was facing very good players only. This year i almost reached elite 3 and it felt way more enjoyable then last year.
  • Idek
    16154 posts World Class
    11 wins shouldn't be a problem, anything more than that depends on how it's going for you
  • Metab0lic
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm around 1600 skill points, so D5 almost D4, and I consistently get Gold 2 and Gold 3. You'll likely be gold 3, 2 with a good run. Just relax and enjoy the games.... if you can. Take breaks.
  • chiodos86
    Thanks for the advise all. I’ll see how it goes and like some have said, expect some big losses and take some breaks!
  • EisenErmin
    9397 posts League Winner
    Expect some crazy win and loss streaks too. Last week i started bad and then won 11 out of the next 13 games
  • Metab0lic
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Expect some crazy win and loss streaks too. Last week i started bad and then won 11 out of the next 13 games

Yeah this is the worst thing about it. I started 7-2, next thing I know I'm 8-8. Ended up 15-15 after starting 7-2. Mad
  • chiodos86
    Metab0lic wrote: »

Yeah this is the worst thing about it. I started 7-2, next thing I know I'm 8-8. Ended up 15-15 after starting 7-2. Mad

Sounds like the comment earlier that said lose a few games and you start getting matched against people who’ve also lost recently
  • rajudas
    331 posts Sunday League Hero
    I too will be playing my 1st WL ever, but not this week, not fit physically, so taking rest and will play next week.
    I am in div. 6, I usually wins 6 or 7 games every 10 games, but don't know how it will be in WL, I will definitely get matched up against better div. players, also need to sort my team before that, I'm not sure as well how it will go, I'll just play for fun without having too much expectations.
  • QK_CillitBang_04
    rajudas wrote: »
    I too will be playing my 1st WL ever, but not this week, not fit physically, so taking rest and will play next week.
    I am in div. 6, I usually wins 6 or 7 games every 10 games, but don't know how it will be in WL, I will definitely get matched up against better div. players, also need to sort my team before that, I'm not sure as well how it will go, I'll just play for fun without having too much expectations.

WL this year in my opinion is a great experience. Just chill, listen to some music and dont take too much attention to the individual record. You will get better rewards for gold 3 then gold 1 or higher anyways.
  • EisenErmin
    9397 posts League Winner

WL this year in my opinion is a great experience. Just chill, listen to some music and dont take too much attention to the individual record. You will get better rewards for gold 3 then gold 1 or higher anyways.

I guess its based on your pack pulls and player picks, but obviously its not true. Higher rank = better rewards, while pack luck is of course random. Anyway better packs mean better (still tiny) chances of pulling someone great
  • QK_CillitBang_04

I guess its based on your pack pulls and player picks, but obviously its not true. Higher rank = better rewards, while pack luck is of course random. Anyway better packs mean better (still tiny) chances of pulling someone great

I´m talking player picks here. sorry
  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move

I had to turn commentary off about two weeks ago because if I had to listen to Alan Smith one more time say the game is over when you go 2-0 down after 20 mins, I would probably have had to extract my controller from my Sony Bravia!
  • QK_CillitBang_04
    CharlieC wrote: »

I had to turn commentary off about two weeks ago because if I had to listen to Alan Smith one more time say the game is over when you go 2-0 down after 20 mins, I would probably have had to extract my controller from my Sony Bravia!

trust me german commentary is way worse :)
  • EisenErmin
    9397 posts League Winner
    CharlieC wrote: »

trust me german commentary is way worse :)

The german commentary has to be the worst voice acting in any video game ever released. Its a shame and makes your ears bleeding. Its been the same for years in any previous fifas. I always switch to english.