Skipping of replays poll

RayS
25540 posts Player of the Year
edited October 2018
Redoing this poll about skipping replays to try to make it as neutral as possible.

Here’s the question:
Are you in favor of the ability to skip any opponent replays keeping in mind that your opponent can also skip any of your replays?

Skipping of replays poll 118 votes

Yes, I am in favor of being able to skip opponent replays even if they can skip mine too
72%
RadioShaqQceCapoAlemas_2012RynoSafehands84MPL4VerdePridePieman25BlitzersNLChubbsSlikwilleSJR440pekkaa88Floschie80DonkeyKongomarnycDrWormDIXON THFCSkylinePSJayBee 86 votes
No, I do not want to be able to skip opponent replays or allow my opponent to skip my replays
22%
DascoAFC AJAX NR 1OrikoruDonovan86opasni_Pengwinagentxyz2CaptainDan-JaWalksArsleWengerRetro_GboekkieAEseyKravenhartDerryboy1893CharzinhoGoonerJoe88iRusty_yoUserp97Prits1992 27 votes
Don’t really care either way
4%
ChetDelvinhoMakoFuryjoehukFifa_Hawk_85 5 votes

Comments

• RayS
    Yes, I am in favor of being able to skip opponent replays even if they can skip mine too
    @EA_Andy this look better?
  • WarrenBarton
    7583 posts League Winner
    I would like to congratulate you on another amazing and well thought out poll 👏😸
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11300 posts Has That Special Something
    Don’t really care either way
    Better choices this time around 😂
  • Pipita
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You can see them after the game so its good that its skipped my opinnion
  • RayS
    I would like to congratulate you on another amazing and well thought out poll 👏😸

Thank you congratulatory cat!!

Side bar: why, when using the quote feature, does the input default to before the quote when it used to default to after the quote
  • jackm57
    2273 posts Fans' Favourite
    The result will be the same anyway :lol:

This better get patched.

Seriously the biggest mistake they have made.
  • Poolstu123
    720 posts An Exciting Prospect
    L1 R1 all the way
  • Bugayoko
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is this even a question?
  • CharlieC
    6677 posts Big Money Move
    I said to @RadioShaq yesterday that even though there were quite a few threads about it, the support looked like roughly 90% in favour of being able to skip them. I'm not far off :wink:
  • WarrenBarton
    7583 posts League Winner
    RayS wrote: »

Thank you congratulatory cat!!

Side bar: why, when using the quote feature, does the input default to before the quote when it used to default to after the quote
    Don’t know but it’s stupid
  • jackm57
    CharlieC wrote: »
    I said to @RadioShaq yesterday that even though there were quite a few threads about it, the support looked like roughly 90% in favour of being able to skip them. I'm not far off :wink:

90% is about correct even if you comapre here to Reddit
  • oldboiler
    1998 posts Fans' Favourite
    Keep the replays remove the irritating celebrations
  • EA_Andy
    3257 posts EA Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    @EA_Andy this look better?

Questions are posed better, yup.
  • agentxyz2
    813 posts Professional
    No, I do not want to be able to skip opponent replays or allow my opponent to skip my replays
    You see, that question is still pretty leading too because it's much more likely that nearly EVERYONE wants to skip opponents goals but some don't want their OWN goals being skipped. I wouldn't make another question over phrasing cause you'll likely get similair responses no matter how many times you ask here.

Also I'm not sure how accuractely a sample of the forums population accuractely represents the entire FIFA population. I'd say maybe 30% of the FIFA pop is on the forums. And this change was likely to please the casual who doesn't go on forums.
  • RayS
    agentxyz2 wrote: »
    You see, that question is still pretty leading too because it's much more likely that nearly EVERYONE wants to skip opponents goals but some don't want their OWN goals being skipped. I wouldn't make another question over phrasing cause you'll likely get similair responses no matter how many times you ask here.

Also I'm not sure how accuractely a sample of the forums population accuractely represents the entire FIFA population. I'd say maybe 30% of the FIFA pop is on the forums. And this change was likely to please the casual who doesn't go on forums.

The phrasing of the question is clear that being able to skip opponent replays means that they can also skip your replays.

I’m sure the forum population is much less than 30% of FIFA players. Closer to 1% i’d guess. It’s still a good sample size of players who are more invested into the game.
  • RayS
    so what does L1+R1 do? skip celebration? I didn't know about this
  • jackm57

Yip - straight to kick off.

It's what mature adults do.
  • kcichris
    1616 posts Play-Off Hero

yep, i think only in Fifa 18 they didn't had this in the game
  • agentxyz2
    813 posts Professional
    agentxyz2 wrote: »

The phrasing of the question is clear that being able to skip opponent replays means that they can also skip your replays.

I’m sure the forum population is much less than 30% of FIFA players. Closer to 1% i’d guess. It’s still a good sample size of players who are more invested into the game.

I'm sure your right about the population. But I gotta disagree with the question. Its not a big deal. Keep up the good work man, I love this type of stuff.
  • SkylinePS
    579 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think the fact that you can watch all goal replays and more after the game makes this an easy answer.
    Option to Skip is great.
  • RayS
    jackm57 wrote: »

kcichris wrote: »

yep, i think only in Fifa 18 they didn't had this in the game

cool thanks. in 18 I would run into the net and hit R3 and it would glitch and skip. But good to know there's a proper way to do this now.
  • greif44
    2487 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2018

Yes, it skips celebration and replay, you go to kick-off right away after goal.
    I do this >90% of the time unless I really want to celebrate, and I never watch the replay. Even if you scored a banger, you can watch it after game. I wanna slap those **** who watch replays and cutscenes
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    When you find an opponent and you choose your kits, they could put an option where you click ‘yes or no’ in regards to being able to skip replays.

That means all the 12 year olds who like to watch their tap ins can play each other, and let the adults play one another too.

Or add it to matchmaking settings
  • RayS
    Momus wrote: »
    When you find an opponent and you choose your kits, they could put an option where you click ‘yes or no’ in regards to being able to skip replays.

That means all the 12 year olds who like to watch their tap ins can play each other, and let the adults play one another too.

Or add it to matchmaking settings

Good idea!
  • OZero
    5155 posts Big Money Move
    Lop sided
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    I vote no. As long as it only one replay (not multiple angles), then I don't want my replays skipped, and I'm happy to check my phone or take a drink for 10 seconds while my opponent watches his.
  • Alemas_2012
    15470 posts World Class
    edited October 2018
    jackm57 wrote: »

I personally don't use it, though I spam A repeatedly...
    Just to get a small breather. :D
    Celebrations are enough.
  • tilen11
    5039 posts Big Money Move
    Skip