how is pro clubs this year?

Elliot666
2002 posts Fans' Favourite
Sorry have not had time to read through all things on this thread.

I no last fifa there was a lot of issues with max pros etc, is it the same this year? or is it good?

fifa 18 my pro wouldn't get better stats it was just go up to 90 finishing after a game from 88 and next game do the same thing.

Any issues like this?

Comments

• SirSkinner
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You can fix that issue by deleting your pro on settings, you only lose your appearance and have to redo your traits.

As for clubs in general, it's a copy and paste of 18, just with more flaws.
  • Elliot666
    2002 posts Fans' Favourite
    SirSkinner wrote: »
    You can fix that issue by deleting your pro on settings, you only lose your appearance and have to redo your traits.

@SirSkinner

Ah man!

so ppl with max pros already? pro not getting upgraded every game so on?
  • SirSkinner
    There's no 99 pros. As for the pro not upgrading, I've had to delete mine three or four times.
  • TMaher7
    949 posts Professional
    It's fun.

Apart from the fact that everyone crosses.
  • Orikoru
    10702 posts Has That Special Something
    SirSkinner wrote: »

This, in a nutshell. It's exactly the same template, just with loads of new and exciting glitches and bugs in gameplay.
  • Doolallyfrank
    53 posts Park Captain
    I give it an A

The A stands for abysmal
  • i88i
    498 posts An Exciting Prospect
    TMaher7 wrote: »
    It's fun.

Apart from the fact that everyone crosses.

Every group I've joined so far seem to employ the same tactics, run forward/lose the ball/get the ball back/run forward/lose the ball.
  • it's the same just add in more crosses and offside goal kicks . and the double call thing is still in it .
  • Well, there have been some annoying glitches and yes, like the others have said, it's 18. Drop Ins is even worse.
  • Korthan
    2387 posts Fans' Favourite
    18 was better. It was playable. Had a blast last year.

Haven't played 19 in 3 weeks.
  • Beakerb
    55 posts Park Captain
    it's the same just add in more crosses and offside goal kicks . and the double call thing is still in it .
    USSF answer (March 22, 2012):
    The Laws of the Game are not made by FIFA, but by the IFAB (International Football Association Board), of which FIFA is a member.

The IFAB has long held that the game needs more scoring. Referees are encouraged to give every chance to the attacking team, particularly whenever there is any doubt. This rule applies to offside and to possible fouls and misconduct. Indeed, the IFAB so much wants the attacking game to be encouraged that it has excluded players from being called offside DIRECTLY from a goal kick for over 130 years. Goal kicks became exempt from offside in 1866 – long before FIFA existed. The intent was possibly to keep the defending team honest.

It seems as though EA has never known the offside rule till this year. You cannot be offside "directly" from a goal kick
  • Doolallyfrank
    53 posts Park Captain
    Beakerb wrote: »
    It seems as though EA has never known the offside rule till this year. You cannot be offside "directly" from a goal kick

I doubt that, does anyone remember being called offside from a goal kick in FIFA before 19? I don't, but maybe that's because it's not really something to remember? The difference with 19 was that the AI defence didn't stay with their markers

What they've done to fix it is terrible, your striker moves on its own to lock into position where the keeper is kicking it, then you can't move to get in front of the defender

If only the team behind game play was as large and as savvy as the team behind micro-transactions
  • Beakerb
    55 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2018
    Yes. Fifa 18 you get called Offside from goal kicks, and it's possible to have the kick given in your half.
  • PJazz
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    No fun at all this year. AI is way too OP and gameplay is way too slow. Worst Pro clubs ever.
    I've been playing this game mode since 2011 and I've never seen such a terrible game experience.
  • Mickyyyyyyyyyyy
    196 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    PJazz wrote: »
    No fun at all this year. AI is way too OP and gameplay is way too slow. Worst Pro clubs ever.
    I've been playing this game mode since 2011 and I've never seen such a terrible game experience.

The AI for me has felt awful, I however do think this years version is worse. What division you on maybe that's why the AI is so good?
  • Orikoru
    10702 posts Has That Special Something

Only the opponents AI is OP though. My team's AI play like blind amputees.
  • Doolallyfrank
    53 posts Park Captain

You're not alone
  • You want to fully understand how bad the AI are play a drop in game 1 v 1.

The level of stupidity will completely bewilder you leaving you screaming at your telly box many colourful expletives punctuated by the words how and why.

• Terrible, in south america servers our team get's dissconected every match, not able to play.i love this game mode, it would be great if EA spend some time improving it,(i would even pay some "dlc" or extra if they really work on it), but not been able to play has been the worst, thinkging on moving into pes next year.
  • SirSkinner
    edited December 2018
    I wouldn't even bother paying for a clubs dlc, ultimate team is a good indication that EA don't even give a **** about people that put extra money into the game

If PES had clubs then we'd all be there
  • Yep that seems to be the case, as i try to tell, would pay if they really work on it, it's an awsame play mode, the most close to be a real esport, and EA dont even bother to reply one of this Post.so much wasted potention for this game mode.Only thinking in quick cash, you are ruiining a game.
  • SirSkinner
    edited December 2018
    Let's be honest as well, clubs isn't even enjoyable anymore is it? Pretty much every team this year plays the same style (chipped through ball down the wing, cross, header, goal).

It's recycled bollocks, with new flaws every year. Last year was playable, but this year it's no more than a massive headache, even though the game mode is meant to be 'fun.

I've been off work with an injury for 2 months and have managed to play 700 games and I can't stand it, primarily as a CDM too, which is meant to keep things fresh, but no, may as well Mark my corner flag this year. I track runners and read the pass, even tackle numerous times, but no, interceptions go through my legs, tackles bounce up to the attackers chest to carry on running, and I'm chasing shadows despite having A+ positioning because everything is a chipped through ball switch

The games a recycled abomination and I'm genuinely surprised players from H2H, career mode and clubs stick with it. But then a lot of clubs players now started in 15/16 so only know **** gameplay.
  • xCDHx
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think if you play on a team with a few good players that don't lose the ball too often the game is kinda enjoyable for me. Though this FIFA has probably got me the most angry (Cheating AI on UT...)

I think EA should really have fixed the club stats and CAM positioning issues by now as it is kinda weird these are still ongoing.

Also in the last few Fifas I could lock down the other team pretty much on my own and rack up nice clean sheets streaks. This year with crossing being more of a go to tactic it does make things somewhat more tricky, as I do tend to wander about a bit.
  • EA largely cornered off a section of a marketplace with a good product and by cleverly securing certain licensing rights which I can well imagine were/are anything but cheap. To be fair to them they have improved/attempted to improve upon it reasonably successfully over the years but may now be an Apple/mobile phone type scenario in that, they have to keep bringing out a new version each year but other than ensuring it runs on or with the latest software and hardware reluctantly feel there’s not much more they can do?

I could well imagine that being the case and wouldn’t feel half as aggrieved if it were and said product was basically much the same moving forward but worked perfectly and just looked and sounded amazing but there’s large parts of it missing or that simply don’t work and having ensured they’re arguably considered by most to be the flagship of Football related PC and console gaming surprisingly although you could argue shockingly there is a wall of silence with regard to customer service.

I am not talking about complaints regarding game play here although, you would expect these to be acknowledged particularly if they’re large scale in nature and addressed wherever possible given the nature of the product but more serious issues, defects, and/or missing parts which seem to have been reported by the entire customer base being completely ignored is unforgivable.

I hate moaning but really don’t understand why or how the CAM position and rating issue hasn’t been addressed. I don’t understand where your club stats has gone (it’s called Pro Clubs for heaven’s sake!), why you can’t seem to play Cup matches any longer and so on. These are just a few of the many issues with this year’s product in Pro Clubs but as I look for issues relating to the different aspects of the game like FUT and so on it isn’t necessarily the nature of the numerous complaints that is in any way familiar but the deafening silence from EA.

I get it or at least I think I do… customers can and do complain. Nothing is perfect or ever good enough for some but I’m not talking about subtle issues relating to features that certain gamer's can’t and won’t adapt to. I’m talking about things that are quite clearly broken and far more importantly I am talking about ignoring your customer base. If someone can be afforded to concentrate on marketing the product then someone can be afforded in a customer service role just as there would be anywhere else to at least acknowledge concerns and issues, offer assurances that these will be investigated, give a timetable as to if or when a fix might be available, bring customers closer to the manufacturer, in-part negate the cash cow thing.

In short, get a grip EA. That is of course if anyone is listening??