KO goals back (well they never left did they........)

Waspy
3885 posts National Call-Up
Just curious as it could be me, but i'm finding that im scoring first a lot of the time but getting instantly pegged back with the classic KO nonsense....

I do the chasing back with pacey players, try and tackle with CDMs...... but its like a damn juggernaut and i can't seem to stop it....

Any advice or at least some empathy?! :D

Comments

• HishamAyman
    2851 posts National Call-Up
    I always concede them, but what seems like to make it a bit better is running with a striker back to the defence during kickoff
  • Waspy
    I always concede them, but what seems like to make it a bit better is running with a striker back to the defence during kickoff

I'll just persist with this then i guess.... maybe i'll just go for scrub lord and put Vardy at CM..... :D
  • Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    I never concede them tbh - my tactic is just to move my striker to a central position as they kick off and that normally forces them out wide or he can just intercept the 1-2's
  • Zv1k0
    5874 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    It's like defenders become stuck to the ground and keepers become 45 rated bronzes. No matter who's in goal, at kickoff just shoot. He will save everything in open play but nothing at kickoff.

Edit: oh, forgot about blocks. You know how sometimes you have 20 shots per game and defenders blocked 19 of them? Yeah, they never do at kickoff.
  • tilen11
    4940 posts Big Money Move
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    It's like defenders become stuck to the ground and keepers become 45 rated bronzes. No matter who's in goal, at kickoff just shoot. He will save everything in open play but nothing at kickoff.

• Waspy
    I never concede them tbh - my tactic is just to move my striker to a central position as they kick off and that normally forces them out wide or he can just intercept the 1-2's

TBH im shcoked you never conceed them, i can only assume you play nobodu who exposes this flaw or you're very lucky!! haha because its not even tap ins or crosses, it can be 25 yrd bangers following a headed clearance AFTER the initial cross.

jesus i've even tried fouling the runner and they either skip over the challenge or it just doesn't connect at all!
  • kayron16
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite

I don't concede them often. Maybe 1 in 5 games. Try and win the ball early with strikers or force them wide with mids.

I did concede the classic ko glitch the other day though. Guy passed it back with lukaku then waited a bit and did an over the top ball from half way line and Lukaku headed it past my keeper as he was catching it
  • Demon_reborn
    2692 posts Fans' Favourite
    I had a match where 5 kickoff goals where scored.

I scored then he immediately scored 4 times in a row. I scored in the 86th minute thinking i won it only to be pegged back straight after. I managed to get the rub of the green and scored a kickoff goal right after that to win the game.

I then messaged my opponent and said take that kick off merchant in which he replied with all sorts of abuse.
  • Supermario911
    1224 posts Professional
    Amazing that EA have had a year to resolve this, and it's still built in the game..

Shows how much of a copy/paste the code is for games these days :(
  • Mmandras
    1809 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    It has to be in the code, it happens too often to be just a coincidence. Just like 45 and 90 min. It has to be a part of EA "dramatic moment" rubberband mechanic.

Try to pause the game after you score, maybe it will make opponent angry or prone to error. It's sad that the game forces you to do the 30s pause but it's not really fair to concieve everytime you score either.
  • Waspy

I scored then he immediately scored 4 times in a row. I scored in the 86th minute thinking i won it only to be pegged back straight after. I managed to get the rub of the green and scored a kickoff goal right after that to win the game.

I then messaged my opponent and said take that kick off merchant in which he replied with all sorts of abuse.

just pipped me @Demon_reborn ...... i conceeded 3 in 1 game! I actually lost 4-3 though :'(

To add insult to injury it was of course a CB from corner with a Bicycle kick..... it just had to be didn't it
  • miri
    2749 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's because the defensive AI is still warming up to shaft you hard later. o:)
  • Demon_reborn
    2692 posts Fans' Favourite
    Waspy wrote: »

just pipped me @Demon_reborn ...... i conceeded 3 in 1 game! I actually lost 4-3 though :'(

To add insult to injury it was of course a CB from corner with a Bicycle kick..... it just had to be didn't it

I feel your pain brother..... It just feels like crap after all your work is undone in a matter of seconds.
  • EA have misheard the old saying: "you're always at your most vulnerable just after you've scored"

They think it's:
    "Your team are replaced by arthritic blind turtles just after you've scored".

It certainly creates a lot of dramatic moments in my household, I (and my 15th controller this week) can assure you ...
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2053 posts Fans' Favourite
    Careful. You get warnings for suggesting things like kick off goals or 90th min goals are built in to the game by EA to make it dramatic. Speaking from experience.
  • Waspy
    EA have misheard the old saying: "you're always at your most vulnerable just after you've scored"

They think it's:
    "Your team are replaced by arthritic blind turtles just after you've scored".

It certainly creates a lot of dramatic moments in my household, I (and my 15th controller this week) can assure you ...

im glad its not just me @EricVanDerek ...... My controller obliterating could land me in the genocidal committing category i think.... !
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't think I've conceded too many of these, but I tend to just panic and throw in some leg-breakers to try and stop them, so it must be working. :D
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    I score them more than i concede them
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    Footfan wrote: »
    I score them more than i concede them

This tbh but they are there for sure
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    The best kickoff goal I have ever scored :D

• Aqeel87
    2414 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mmandras wrote: »
    It has to be in the code, it happens too often to be just a coincidence. Just like 45 and 90 min. It has to be a part of EA "dramatic moment" rubberband mechanic.

Try to pause the game after you score, maybe it will make opponent angry or prone to error. It's sad that the game forces you to do the 30s pause but it's not really fair to concieve everytime you score either.

• Peewee916
    880 posts Professional
    Learn how to defend. LT back tracking while you just stay in front of the person till the mess up usually works every time. Especially in the midfield area you’re talking about.
  • Mmandras
    1809 posts Play-Off Hero
    To be fair I've pause couple of times when the stress is through the roof and I concieded couple of them. Most of the times I just R1+L1. But I suggest you pause it every time.
  • is1996
    734 posts Semi-Pro
    I have seen some olayers atempt the offside trap on fifa 18 just at kick off .I think it works since it throws the guy that attempts the KO goal off sometimes.Just dont over do it
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    I'll plead guilty to scoring almost always right after conceding

Maybe it has something to do with team rating :trollface:
  • Xguti002
    1998 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ve done it but rarely. As for preventing them well work on your timing and slide tackle the sht out of his players or kick the ball out to reset that KO bug.
  • PassingThoughts
    503 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think it is a problem but it's avoidable most the time. I've scored a couple and conceded a couple
  • Waspy
    Peewee916 wrote: »
    Learn how to defend. LT back tracking while you just stay in front of the person till the mess up usually works every time. Especially in the midfield area you’re talking about.

I can defend 'alright' dude.... 2 clean sheets last night but I just feel there are occasions where it just seems inevitable that its going to happen :(
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Love scoring them but hate conceding lol