The RTG academy: CF 86 Raul review up - amazing card. 85 Nakata arrives.

Milner
2102 posts Fans' Favourite
edited October 2018
The RTG Academy
IMG-20181022-221442.png

Seeing RTG threads pop up on here makes me want to try one myself, but I've no idea who on! So I'll be trialling and reviewing as many icons as I can over the next few months to help me decide who to use.

Trialists will be graded out of 10 in 4 categories:
Effectiveness: Simply how much impact they have on the pitch.
Value for money: Are they worth the price tag?
Icon "feeling": How much do they have that indescribable special icon feel?
Nostalgia: How much nostalgia they being back for me personally.

Trialists will have 5 games to impress in fut rivals games, once the trials are over the top 4 ranked trialists will be given a weekend league each to impress and then finally a winner will be crowned and a RTG will begin.

A mini review will take place after each trial, including match details, pros and cons.
Post edited by Milner on

Comments

• Milner
    edited October 2018
    The scoreboard.
    86 Raul (CF) - 8.5
    86 RVN - 7.22
    86 Raul (ST) - 6.928
    Post edited by Milner on
  • Paawky
    2583 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rivaldo first !
  • Rootseyyy
    1280 posts Professional
    Interesting concept will be following!
  • LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class
    Ice idea this
  • Milner
    Paawky wrote: »
    Rivaldo first !

I'm poor, I've started this as soon as I had the bare minimum required!

• Milner
    Ice idea this

Hopefully I'll find someone worthy of playing alongside the future TOTS Milner! (Apologies for the first player, you're not going to like it.)
  • Milner
    edited October 2018
    86 RVN arrives on trial.
    IMG-20181022-231658.png

Former Manchester United and Real Madrid fox in the box Ruud Van Nistelrooy has arrived at the club for a 5 game trial. RVN will be hoping to avoid any controversial pizza incidents and do what he does best, score goals.
  • Milner
    edited October 2018
    86 Ruud Van Nistelrooy trial results

Game 1:Won 5-1
    Goals: 2
    Assists: 0
    Rating: 9
    Fantastic performance, unlucky not to have more and forced saves that led to 2 goals.

Game 2:Lost 3-2
    Rating: 8.9
    Good from RVN but a dodgy pass out from the GK late on resulted in a loss.

Game 3:Drew 1-1
    Goals: 1
    Rating: 8.6
    Missed 2 fantastic chances late late on because they fell on his left foot.

Game 4:Won 3-1
    Goals: 3
    Rating: 9.6
    Really claim up clutch here, scored 3 wonderful goals to give me the win.

Game 5:Won 2-1
    Rating: 9.4
    Another game, another 2 goals on his right foot.

Games played: 5
    Goals scored: 10
    Average rating: 9.1

[/b] Effectiveness: 9 - 10 goals in 5 games is a fantastic return for any card. He was there to score goals, and did it incredibly consistently. Get him half a chance in his right foot in and around the box and it's a goal 9 times out of 10
    Value for money: 7 - enjoyable and effective, but at 470k doesn't represent a bargain. 350k would be fair.
    Icon feeling: 6 - Sublime finishing, but nothing else felt special and he couldn't grab a game by the scruff of its neck, he finished off nice team moves.
    Nostalgia: 5 - As a Liverpool fan I really really did not like him when he played, but I remember loving to hate him. Undoubtedly one of the all time great PL strikers so an average 5 here.
    Average rating:9.1

Total: 36.1/7.22 - 7.22 for a card I've really enjoyed may seem low but he's definitely an effective and enjoyable card to use. A must try for United fans even if it's only for a handful of games. I can only imagine the prime being amazing with good dribbling, pace and even better shooting.
    Post edited by Milner on
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Better than expected review tbh, he looks awful. All about the prime RVN. He or Best will be my first ‘big’ purchase this year.
  • Milner
    Couchy wrote: »
    Better than expected review tbh, he looks awful. All about the prime RVN. He or Best will be my first ‘big’ purchase this year.

He was very very effective when in the box, but not the type of player to do it all himself. Not enough pace for through balls, not enough dribbling to best a man.

Just a good consistent finisher. The prime will be fantastic.
  • Trafford_Robert5
    574 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2018
    How do you rate his weak foot? And his heading.
  • Milner
    How do you rate his weak foot? And his heading.

Weak foot was pretty bad.

I don't play for headers so much so he got no headed chance from open play, didn't score any headers from corners so wouldn't rate it much.

He's just all about a deadly right foot in the box.
  • Thanks for the review.

I wonder if the other versions will be better for weak foot/ headers?
  • Milner
    Sold at 495k, that's a cool 250 coin profit :joy:
  • Milner
    The new trialist has arrived for 490k.

A true giant of European football.

Any guesses who?
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3938 posts National Call-Up
    Brilliant review! As a united fan I am interested in having some of the greats I used to watch. Shame king Eric is not on Fifa
  • Ulook92
    12786 posts Has That Special Something
    Milner wrote: »

Any guesses who?

Van Basten?
  • LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class
    Liverpool fan using a united player first.

Disappointed, but not surprised
  • Milner

The market dictates who I use, not me!

I'm just buying cards at a price that will yield the least loss!
  • Milner
    Ulook92 wrote: »

Any guesses who?

Van Basten?

Let's narrow it down to a champions league great.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class

The market dictates who I use, not me!

I'm just buying cards at a price that will yield the least loss!

Nah I’ll let it slide on this occasion
  • Milner
    86 Raul arrives.hqdefault.jpg
    The only icon to have scored more champions league goals than RVN. Can Raul prove to be just as effective while on trial?
  • Milner
    edited October 2018
    86 Raul (ST) trial results
    Signed as a striker Raul has played all 5 games of his trial as a Right Striker in 4312.
    Game 1:Won 2-1
    Rating: 8.4
    Raul missed a lot of chances but the team ground out the win.

Game 2:Won 5-1
    Goals: 4
    Rating: 10
    Amazing performance from Raul, scoring 4 including 2 solo efforts.

Game 3: Lost 3-0
    Goals: 0
    Rating: 7.4
    Awful performance all round. A different Raul to the last game.

Game 4:Won 3-0
    Rating: 8.5
    More creative in the build up this game and a lovely self made goal.

Game 5:Lost 4&3
    Rating: 9.2
    Fantastic from Raul, tried to carry the team to a draw but couldn't quite clinch it.

Goals scored: 9
    Average rating: 8.64

Effectiveness: 7 - Only scored 1 less than RVN but had a lot more chances, really wasn't consistent enough in comparison.
    Value for money: 5 - Didn't find him as good as RVN yet I paid more for him. In 3/5 games I didn't feel he offered more than Firmino would.
    Icon feeling: 7 - despite the above 2 ratings, there were moments of magic from Raul, moments he felt special. Small touches to beat a man that aren't because of input, they're just an icon thing.
    Nostalgia: 7 - I have fond memories of Raul, reading about him in Match magazine and rushing to buy him on whatever manager game I had at the time. A treat to see him in action, even if it wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

Average rating:8.64
    Total: 34.64/6.928
    Glimmers of magic but not nearly consistent enough to say I enjoyed him overall. Loved him in 2 games, poor in 2 games and average in 1. I may have got it wrong on this one by playing him striker.

*I've made a change to the overall scoring system by including average match rating. This has been reflected in RVNs score too.
    Post edited by Milner on
  • Milner
    Should Raul get a second chance at CF/CAM?
  • bhafc1901
    2265 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice reviews. Would say that version of Raul looks better suited to cf yeah.
  • Milner
    bhafc1901 wrote: »
    Nice reviews. Would say that version of Raul looks better suited to cf yeah.

Cheers, think I might give certain cards multiple goes. Particularly when I'm struggling to sell!

Like LW Laudrup at Lw and CAM. RM Makelele at RM and CDM etc
  • Sorry if i missed this in your post, are you putting any chem styles on these cards?
  • Milner
    Sorry if i missed this in your post, are you putting any chem styles on these cards?

I'm not a big chem styles person, so generally just as they one unless it's daft.

As you'd expect both have been hunter so far.
  • Milner
    My word @bhafc1901, the difference in him at CF is astonishing!
  • Milner
    86 Raul(CF) trial results
    Second chance saloon for Raul at CF after the admitted he got his position wrong.
    Game 1:Won 3-2 (28th min RQ)
    Assists: 2
    Rating: 9.5
    Amazing performance including a ridiculous long ball up to Jesus (67 long pass my arse.)

Game 2:Won 2-1 (32nd min RQ)
    Assists: 1
    Rating: 9.4
    Another amazing Raul performance, he got his assist from a lovely pin point cross (68 crossing my arse.)

Game 3: Won 6-2
    Assists: 2
    Rating: 10
    Utterly amazing. Down to 10 men after 2 minutes and a goal behind, Raul grabbed the game by the scruff of its neck. A truly iconic performance.

Game 4:Won 5-2
    Assists: 3
    Rating: 9.3
    A slow first half but Raul turned on the style second half to inspire a big win.

Game 5:Won 2-0 (48th min RQ)
    Rating: 9.3
    Another RQ forced, it seems opposition see him do something majestic and just give up.

Goals scored: 9
    Assists: 8
    Average rating: 9.5

A simply wonderful 5 games from Raul at CF. An unreal goal contribution in 5 games, especially as 142 minutes were missed because of rage quits!

Effectiveness: 10 - his goal contribution almost double, with the same number of goals (9) and 8 assists. He won me 5/5 games, simple as that.
    Value for money: 8 - So my h more worth it at CF. When I'm about richer I can definitely see myself bringing him in for weekends, but for now the coins need spreading.
    Icon feeling: 8 - The magic shine through even more. He takes touches you don't expect to beat a man, makes passes to the most opportune space. A special feeling card.
    Nostalgia: 7 - I have fond memories of Raul, reading about him in Match magazine and rushing to buy him on whatever manager game I had at the time.
    Average rating:9.5

Total: 42.5/8.5
    Such an amazing difference between him at ST and CF, a true game changer and a joy to use. 8.5 will be a tough score to beat, it will require someone special! I can't wait to use more versions of this wonder.