City Football Group - Buying Success

Comments

• Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Chow wrote: »
    Added this thread to the Community News, it'll also likely be in the next Community Spotlight round-up. :)

Thanks @Chow :)

Ryan wrote: »
    Looks rather interesting! Shall keep an eye on this.

Thanks @Ryan. :)

I should have an update/player sponsorship tonight. Sorry for nothing in the last week I have been busy and also been trying to work out a player sponsorship scoring system.
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    edited July 2015
    2014/15 Player Sponsorship

The player sponsorship for the 2014/15 seasons of Manchester City and Melbourne City has opened today. Fans can choose one player at each club which they wish to sponsor for a season and in return they will earn fan standings points based on that players performance. A new, revamped scoring system will ensure all players score more points than previously as well as trying to make every position on the pitch have a chance of finishing the season with a similar points total. As players join during the season they will become available for sponsorship. If a player who is sponsored gets sold, the club will contact the fan who is sponsoring them and they can choose another player.

The 2015 New York City player sponsorship will open around the turn of the year.

5QVkYELh.png
    Name - Position - Sponsored By
    Joe Hart - GK
    Willy Caballero - GK
    Jérôme Boateng - CB - @Ryan
    Sergio Ramos - RB
    Bacary Sagna - RB
    Martín Demichelis - CB
    Vincent Kompany - CB
    Pablo Zabaleta - RB
    Philipp Lahm - LB
    Aleksandar Kolarov LWB
    Fernando - CDM
    Fernandinho - CDM
    Yaya Touré - CM - @GroovyDhruvy12
    Gareth Bale - LW @Chris
    Jesús Navas - RW
    David Silva - CAM
    Samir Nasri - CAM
    Cristiano Ronaldo - ST - @IZRobert
    Lionel Messi - ST - @LaMertesackerRun
    Stevan Jovetic - ST
    Sergio Agüero - ST - @Kyle
    Wilfried Bony - ST
    Edin Dzeko - ST

xJoFFF3h.png
    Name - Position - Sponsored By
    Tando Velaphi - GK
    Andrew Redmayne - GK
    Matthew Ryan - GK
    Jonatan Germano - RB
    Paulo Retre - RB - @GroovyDhruvy12
    Kew Jaliens - RCB
    Jack Clisby - LCB
    Patrick Kisnorbo - CB
    Rob Wielaert - CB
    Connor Chapman - CB
    Ivan Franjic - RB
    Gaël Clichy - LB - @Chris
    Massimo Murdocca - CM
    Erik Paartalu - CM
    Jacob Melling - CM
    Mate Dugandzic - RM
    Robert Koren - CM - @Ryan
    Damien Duff - LM - @IZRobert
    Iain Ramsay - LM
    James Brown - CM
    Stefan Mauk - CAM - @Kyle
    Aaron Mooy - CAM
    Joël Epalle - RAM
    Josh Kennedy - ST - @LaMertesackerRun
    Jason Hoffman - ST
    David Williams - ST
    José Ángal Pozo - ST
    Post edited by Alastair on
  • IZRobert
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ronaldo and Duff please !
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    IZRobert wrote: »
    Ronaldo and Duff please !

They're both yours. :)

• Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    Robert Koren pls xxx

Nobody sadly stand out in the Man City squad as much as Koren does, so I suppose I'll go with Boateng.
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Ryan wrote: »
    Robert Koren pls xxx

Nobody sadly stand out in the Man City squad as much as Koren does, so I suppose I'll go with Boateng.

I know what you mean, I'm surprised Koren has never won the Ballon d'Or.
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Would like Messi please, know hardly anyone for Melbourne :( Will go with Robert Kennedy if that's okay.
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Would like Messi please, know hardly anyone for Melbourne :( Will go with Robert Kennedy if that's okay.

Messi is yours.

I assume you mean the Melbourne City and Australia player Josh Kennedy, not the US politician Robert Kennedy. 97ada74b88049a6d50a6ed40898a03d7.gif Josh Kennedy is yours @LaMertesackerRun

• LaMertesackerRun
    Alastair wrote: »

Messi is yours.

I assume you mean the Melbourne City and Australia player Josh Kennedy, not the US politician Robert Kennedy. 97ada74b88049a6d50a6ed40898a03d7.gif Josh Kennedy is yours @LaMertesackerRun
    Yeah I meant him, must've known Kennedy from that then :s
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator

Messi is yours.

Yeah I meant him, must've known Kennedy from that then :s

A good choice, he is often called the Australian Messi......probably.
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    Sergio Agüero and Stefan Mauk please. Also I just discovered Melbourne City is a real football club I thought you made them up. :#
  • edited July 2015
    Yaya and Paulo please. Also how much money does Melbourne City have for transfers and wages?
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Kyle wrote: »
    Sergio Agüero and Stefan Mauk please. Also I just discovered Melbourne City is a real football club I thought you made them up. :#

They are yours @Kyle.

They were called Melbourne Heart until the City Football Group bought them.

Yaya and Paulo please. Also how much money does Melbourne City have for transfers and wages?

They are yours @GroovyDhruvy12 :smile:

I can't remember exactly how much I had as I am ahead of where I've updated. I think it was about 2 million though. I doubt I'll use it all though as I did some transfers before I started this.

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, I've been rather. Use watching Wimbledon and then following the rebirth of Hereford. We're back. :smiley: I should start the updates again tonight. :smile:

• Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Gareth Bale and whoever is your starting CB for Melbourne thanks :)
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Chris wrote: »
    Gareth Bale and whoever is your starting CB for Melbourne thanks :)

@Chris Bale is yours and so is Chapman if you want him, although you may want another defensive signing I unveil later so I'll wait for you to confirm.

• Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    iVeqatk.pngtVUd9hU.pngUfPsivx.png

tmu4V9i.png

Manchester City's pre-season started slowly with a 2-2 draw at home to Porto. After this match they travelled to Australia for a pre-season training camp during which they played Melbourne City, a game which they comfortably won 4-0. They're final friendly against French club FC Metz ended with the same scoreline to cap off a positive pre-season in which they signed six signings on loan from their affiliated clubs as well as sending three in the opposite direction.

Results and Stats:
    utIi0T0.png
    seGtVlC.png

cmnZUNg.png

Melbourne City started their new season by unveiling three players signed in a triple sweep from Real Madrid. However, before Gareth Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos could unpack their bags the three were loaned out to Manchester City for the forthcoming season. In return the Australian club got Gaël Clichy and José Ángal Pozo on similar loan deals. The former France international has already resulted in Melbourne selling an A League record number of replica shirts. City also picked up free agent Joël Epalle who will be sure to add valuable experience to the side. The highlight of the Cameroonian's career was winning the 2000 Olympic gold medal in Australia. Australian goalkeeper Matthew Ryan was the sixth international to join the Victoria based outfit from Club Brugge in a deal worth four hundred thousand pounds. City's first pre-season friendly was a 4-0 defeat at home to Manchester City.

Results and Stats:
    N7lbBWi.png
    aMgY8XR.png

ICuzUO8.png

After recently pulling off the sensational signings of the Barcelona man Lionel Messi and the Bayern Muich duo Jérôme Boateng and Philipp Lahm for undisclosed fees, New York City continued preparations for their début season as they unveiled the signings of three players. Andrea Pirlo was the first to join on a free transfer from Juventus. The veteran Italian midfielder will be sure to strengthen the City midfield. Towards the end of the month New York unveiled two players who joined from Premier League clubs. Eliaquin Mangala joined from parent club Manchester City on a season long loan whilst US international goalkeeper Brad Guzan joined from Aston Villa for £1 million. In a move which is perhaps the least surprising transfer we'll see this year all three of City's high profile signings joined parent club Manchester City on season long loans. This, along with Melbourne City's similar move are a clear attempt to avoid the FFP rules by the reigning English champions.

Results and Stats:
    DUxn9Sk.png
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Great signings :o Seems like City are going to dominate Europe this year with all those signings. Decent results for City in the friendliest.
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Clichy for Melbourne please :)
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Great signings :o Seems like City are going to dominate Europe this year with all those signings. Decent results for City in the friendliest.

@LaMertesackerRun Yeah hopefully we do well in the Europe. My aim is the Quintuple.

Chris wrote: »
    Clichy for Melbourne please :)

@Chris I thought you'd want him. :)
  • David Silva and Mooy, please
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    Very good transfer window for Man City and a good pre-season for them.
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Loving these ridiculous signings :smiley:
    I've always wondered what would happen if the likes of Ronaldo and Bale were to play A-League so hopefully they get a chance.
    For sponsorship I'd like to take Ryan and Ramos please.
    Don't know If I've ever heard him called Messi but he's most likely referred to as Jesus more commonly than Josh around here. The resemblance is uncanny.
    zxkh04L.png?3h6q7Nja.jpg?1
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    AmB wrote: »
    David Silva and Mooy, please

@AmB They are yours. :)

Kyle wrote: »
    Very good transfer window for Man City and a good pre-season for them.

Thanks Kyle. Hopefully the season goes as well as the preseason.

theodom101 wrote: »
    Loving these ridiculous signings :smiley:
    I've always wondered what would happen if the likes of Ronaldo and Bale were to play A-League so hopefully they get a chance.
    For sponsorship I'd like to take Ryan and Ramos please.
    Don't know If I've ever heard him called Messi but he's most likely referred to as Jesus more commonly than Josh around here. The resemblance is uncanny.
    zxkh04L.png?3h6q7Nja.jpg?1

You may get to see them play in that league soon when my plot twists come out.

Haha, that likeness is uncanny.

One question for all of you, I am trying to speed up my updates and have considered removing the text. Do people read it? I might either remove the text and have the spoiler stuff out of a spoiler or keep it in the spoiler and have a one line bit of text above (More when necessary). Thoughts? I will bring the text back fully in a couple of seasons when my plot twist occurs.

Im currently leaning towards the one line of text but wanted some opinions first.
  • alexfromNZ
    35 posts Park Captain
    edited July 2015
    Ramos and Mangala if possible?
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sometimes I read the text sometimes I don't so it depends really. Obviously for plot twists you need text though. I reckon the spoiler and a couple lines of text is the best choice.
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Tbh I usually read written updates, can understand if you don't include much text though.
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    alexfromNZ wrote: »
    Ramos and Mangala if possible?

Sure. :smile:

theodom101 wrote: »
    Sometimes I read the text sometimes I don't so it depends really. Obviously for plot twists you need text though. I reckon the spoiler and a couple lines of text is the best choice.

Yeah, that was what I thought, it will allow me to do as much text as is necessary.

Tbh I usually read written updates, can understand if you don't include much text though.

Yeah I also read them but wasn't sure how many people did. I think I'll do less for now so I can do more quickly then more text when needed for now nd obviously more for the plot twists and from then on.
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Predictions

Name
    X-X
    Total = pts

3 points for exactly correct , 1 points for correct winner.

Predict all one result for all teams in all matches e.g. 0-0 (put my score first).

This prediction will count for every game this season.
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    August should be up tonight. I hope to do one every couple of days from now on.

Get your predictions in now. :)
  • LaMertesackerRun
    I'll go with 3-0 :)