City Football Group - Buying Success

Alastair
10035 posts Moderator
BCMbLNb.png
kKtFv66.png

The thread will get a few new OP graphics as the story progresses and my planned plot twists occur. I'll move the old ones to here when that happens.

This story will see me managing three members of the City Football Group; Manchester City, Melbourne City and New York City. Expect the clubs I manage to change over time as my planned plot twists occur.

Comments

• Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Th0ABte.png
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    ERHKYyb.png

The Fan Standings Competition will see me bring back my hugely popular Player Sponsorship in it's biggest ever format. As well as through player sponsorship, points can also be earned through classic forum games such as 'Caption Competition' and 'Guess The Player'; there may also be some special one off chances to gain points.

This time the points you earn will count for much more than a place on the leaderboards; they will help you in the Be A Mancunian competition.
    d9eqtXK.png

Full details of the player sponsorship, including the points scoring and list of available players, will be posted soon.

Previous fan competitions can be seen here:
    xftRA2V.png
    --
    DYfjKxm.png
    --
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Ugo1keq.png

The Be A Mancunian competition will be an EA United but you won't be able to create your own player. Instead your ranking in the Fan Standings Competition will decide the order in which you pick your player from a list of players. The points you earn in this competition will also earn you upgrades to your player which you can consider trading for with someone for an earlier pick in the draft during a special transfer window just before it starts.

For people who are not familiar with the concept of an EA United, it is similar to player sponsorship except that player will represent you and you can make certain decisions for them. The whole team will consists of these players and transfers won't occur so everyone is competing against each other.

Full details of Be A Mancunian will be announced during the thread as it won't take affect for at least 2 seasons; I will try to give as much notice as possible for when it will occur so you can prepare for it.
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Just In Case 1
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Just In Case 2
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Just In Case 3
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Feel free to post, I will try and get the first Guess The Players up tonight or tomorrow.
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck. Interesting idea, nice graphics also.
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Good luck. Interesting idea, nice graphics also.

Thanks Matt. :)

Hopefully this idea works and isn't just a concept. :smiley:

Here is the first Guess The Player for e of my signings, the first person to correctly guess who it is will earn some fan standings points.
    wxUuw7Q.png
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    You signed Messi? What's the point in that?
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    stickey wrote: »
    You signed Messi? What's the point in that?

The first points go to Lukas. :smiley:

This thread is about buying success after all. All will be revealed in my plot twists. Anyway, I haven't said which club is signing him. :)
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    Hello friend, good luck with your thread. :)
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Kyle wrote: »
    Hello friend, good luck with your thread. :)

Thank you my Sardinian friend.

Here are the next two guess the players:
    U6VH6Xp.pngGpy5Jw3.png
  • stickey
    Lahm and Jerome Boateng?
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Lahm and Jerome Boateng?

I think I need to make these harder. 499fd50bc713bfcdf2ab5a23c00c2d62.gif

Here are the three signings so far. I have three more guess the players tomorrow then I'll post an update on signings.
    KzlfEzP.png ateBYUg.png oLdGElu.png
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    Great signings. <3
  • LaMertesackerRun
    edited June 2015
    Everyone beating me in getting the GTP's right. :( But as Kyle said great signings. :)
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Kyle wrote: »
    Great signings. <3

Thanks Kyle. :smile: I deliberately left all the Cagliari players so they do well, I don't want to harm their chances.

Everyone beating me in getting the GTP's right. :( But as Kyle said great signings. :)

You just need to be quicker. :smiley:

Thanks Matt.

I'll aim to post the final 3 at 10:30pm so be on then if you want a chance.
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Here are the final three Guess The Player's. I tried to make the harder but they are still easy, I may only do three clues in future.
    akzeNP9.png

ZTqaCf5.png

Q5XDxBC.png
  • stickey
    Ronaldinho #4 and Bale #6
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Ronaldinho #4 and Bale #6

Number 6 is correct but not number 4 sadly.
    mNF4mQv.png
  • Chow
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    Alastair lad, I'll make sure this gets exposure in the next spotlight. :)
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Chow wrote: »

Thanks Chow. :) Hopefully I get more people taking part in the player sponsorship then, I should post that on Wednesday.
  • Chow
    Alastair wrote: »
    Ok, thanks Chow. :) Hopefully I can get the player sponsorship update up before then (Wednesday probably).
    Looking forward to it. :) Always a fan of the stuff in CM Stories, 'Core' needs more love. :)
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Ok, thanks Chow. :) Hopefully I can get the player sponsorship update up before then (Wednesday probably).
    Looking forward to it. :) Always a fan of the stuff in CM Stories, 'Core' needs more love. :)

There is some great content in this section (and the rest of Core) which sadly isn't noticed by 90% of the forum. It is a shame.
  • stickey
    Ronaldo #4 and Ramos #5 :blush:
  • LaMertesackerRun

Thanks Matt.

Beaten again by Lukas, didn't any of them till they were guessed correctly tbh. Doesn't matter though. ;)
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Ronaldo #4 and Ramos #5 :blush:

Correct.
    3fhcvBZ.png lKYjRdt.png

Thanks Matt.

Beaten again by Lukas, didn't any of them till they were guessed correctly tbh. Doesn't matter though. ;)

It sounds like I succeeded in making them hard then. :smiley:

The transfer update will probably be tomorrow or Thursday now.
  • Chow
    Added this thread to the Community News, it'll also likely be in the next Community Spotlight round-up. :)
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    Looks rather interesting! Shall keep an eye on this.