Pitch Notes - FIFA 19 Patch Notes #2

EA_Andy
2991 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 2018
krsqsvlw3cbn.png

The latest title update for FIFA 19 is now live. You can read some of the detail from this patch in our latest pitch notes article here.

You can also check out the full list of changes in the patch notes here.

Let us know your thoughts and any questions you have about this article.
Post edited by EA_Andy on

Comments

• CharlieC
    6097 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    Excellent news that Sokratis will no longer be able to perform a bicycle kick from 20yds into the top corner.

Nothing about OP defensive AI though @EA_Andy ? Is this something that the dev team are looking at and will take time to test before release of the patch. Please say yes!
  • Since the release of the game, there is only one thing I have taken issue with and I can't be the only one.
    It relates to the positioning of the referee pretty much ALL the time.

The referee constantly sits in the middle of the pitch and is often in the way of my midfielders and interrupts play consistently.
    The ball has also been deflected off the referee more times in the past month during my games than in the past 5 years I've been playing combined.
  • SuperSonicSean
    5928 posts Big Money Move
    I hope the bug where you can't apply consumables until you back out of ultimate team and reenter is finally fixed. I haven't seen any mention of this.
  • Servers in Spain please !! Impossible play.

We can not play in the same conditions without having decent servers, we can not play well since the game is delayed by 1 or 2 seconds, I hope they improve this situation because it is unsustainable
  • Also put substitute players in Clubs Pro Mode
    Put a 2vs 2 in friendlies to play between friends from home, you would make a more fun way
  • ZiggieTTU
    536 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Will a boost to a players agility through chemistry enable bicycle kicks without the flare shot?
  • FUTRocky77
    1134 posts Professional
    Your opponent's online ID will no longer be displayed on the screen with one exception.

You will still be able to see your opponent's online ID if you use the 'List Members' button, which we are working to remove in a future title update when available.

:D
  • speeches123
    62 posts Park Captain
    Can we please have the ability to filter controls in FUT for match making like in regular online seasons? Would love to be able to find and play other manual players.

At the moment I am limited to AI matches
  • Fifa 19 career mode needs the option to buy loan players. Just like in Fifa 17.
  • FFS can you get anything right? So many fkn generic faces
  • eladlad
    527 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What about a fix to the problem with The gk that can't pass the ball on the ground with his hands on manual controls?
    Even if you tap the pass button he will throw it high in the air.
    It only happens with manual passing.
    @EA_Andy
  • UoD
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    Thanks for the comprehsive notes, informative and simple to comprehend.

That said, as you are no doubt aware there are serious issues with AI defending which need to be addressed - nothing has been said on this, despite EA reps saying AI Defending was being looked at.

@EA_Andy - Can you confirm whether AI Defending has been addressed in the latest patch, or whether the team is still working on this.
  • Kwotsa
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Your opponent in an Online match will no longer be able to skip your goal replays.

They're removing the best new feature of FUT since it's inception. Why do you do this EA.
  • Was expecting Serie A authentic broadcast overlay. Disappointed....
  • Please oh please address the LOD issue that has been raised numerous times. the Level of Detail needs to be fixed, multiple posts and threads have been brought up including examples that are so evident showing the problem.
  • PabloSB
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do not make this please. Why??

Your opponent in an Online match will no longer be able to skip your goal replays.

This is really absurd. It Was a great change. You can watch replays at the end.
  • LSB1210
    485 posts Sunday League Hero
    Skipping replays was one of the best things. It saves time. Why change it?
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move
    Hi Andy,

Might of missed this, however are the devs aware of the bug that stops you occasionally using consumables or selecting sbcs?

It seems to be somewhat random when it happens, and it's usually after playing a couple of games.

Backing out of FUT does temporarily resolve the issue.
  • WM93
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2018
    A view Audio Options for Ballack in german language would be nice....
    At least the commentators should be able to call his name...
    At the moment they always say nothing if he gets the ball....
  • barcafan731
    54 posts Park Captain
    I also loved the ability to skip replays in online matches. I don't understand why in the world you would remove this and force players to sit through replays. If someone wants to watch a replay, they can do it after the game on their own time as much as they like.
  • PabloSB
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Come on Ea, revert this replay change from the patch
  • Nahuel90
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2018
    add more variety to shooting ball physics ( less ascending and way more dipping shots )

dynamic time suffered a several downgrade!!! 😠 (play at 12pm but the sun is setting down)

Post edited by Nahuel90 on
  • I so much agree, revert the replay changes, it was the best new feature in Fifa 19. People can watch the replay after the game all they want. Another big issue for me and several others is the control-bug. I have x-box one controler for PC. It works for all other games but in Fifa 19 its scrolling down and up by itself (left stick) in the menu. This also means that in game the players run up and down by themselves. This is making the game umplayable for me. Please please fix this. The game has been out for a month now and still this has not been fixed, come on. All these other small fixes you have made is unimportant to me
  • the patch notes are horrible where the kick off boost fix wheres the tackle fix where the op A.I defence fix wheres the autp clearance gonna be fixed wheres the finesse shot fix where is that
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    I hope the bug where you can't apply consumables until you back out of ultimate team and reenter is finally fixed. I haven't seen any mention of this.

Fix this it’s so poor
  • Can martin tyler announce all the players names when they touch the ball when playing including youngsters and players from other leagues other then England.
  • MisterRux
    920 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    Khan228 wrote: »
    Was expecting Serie A authentic broadcast overlay. Disappointed....

There is not an official Serie A broadcast overlay (Like La Liga or PL) ..

Sky has his own and so DAZN ..
  • Why do the players walk out from a non excisting tunnel at Craven Cottage instead of walking out from the side tunnel like they do at Old Trafford?
  • RayS
    25091 posts Player of the Year
    Kwotsa wrote: »

They're removing the best new feature of FUT since it's inception. Why do you do this EA.

Sigh... it was good while it lasted. WHY they change this??
  • RayS
    25091 posts Player of the Year
    LSB1210 wrote: »
    Skipping replays was one of the best things. It saves time. Why change it?

Possibly the single best change of FIFA 19