FIFA 19 is better than previous years

Yiannis-T
165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
EA made a good job with this year's editionwhich is by far the best FIFA of the last 4 years.The gameplay is improved.The advantages are that the defenders are better this time.It's like in a real match,they can catch up against a fast striker.No more running with the ball starting from behind the centre of the field of play,and manage to score by running faster.FIFA 19 is better ,i hope that they keep it this way ...the defence has to be good

Comments

  • Ronaldinho999
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    "The defense has to be good so I can concede less goals and have more chances of winning online matches" - by a 12yo boi
  • Ronaldinho999
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Defense is overpowered and goals come from random stuff - noobs couldnt be happier eh i mean why even have a controller for this game xd
  • You high, bro? It is normal to beat defenders with speed, obviously not every time, but in this FIFA you've got chances to beat defenders only if you playing with Mbappe or Sane. When I play I got no control of the game in terms of passing or defending. I can make 3-4 good passes and then one of the players will **** it up with bad touch or something. Or when I defend I can tackle the ball 2-3 times in a raw, but the ball always comes back to the opponent. They had the same problem in previous FIFA, but this time it is much more frustrating because more BS is happening.
  • The passing is off imo... When I want to make a short pass, the closer player will sometimes hop over the ball... So instead of a 5 yard pass, it ends up going across the pitch. Not quite sure why this happens... It's not as though I'm hitting a hard ground pass... Just a simple tap of the X button... I REALLY REALLY hope that they'll patch this, so my passes are ones I'm aiming for instead of having the ball go to a different player, or end up on the foot of the opposing team... They also need to fix how easy tackles are. 9 out of 10 tackles end up with me controlling the ball and leaving the other team chasing me down. Makes it too easy. I've been playing FIFA regularly for a few years now... Can't recall the tackling and passing issues in the past. I still play 18 because of the world cup.
  • Andiesam2004
    11 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2018
    Yiannis-T wrote: »
    EA made a good job with this year's editionwhich is by far the best FIFA of the last 4 years.The gameplay is improved.The advantages are that the defenders are better this time.It's like in a real match,they can catch up against a fast striker.No more running with the ball starting from behind the centre of the field of play,and manage to score by running faster.FIFA 19 is better ,i hope that they keep it this way ...the defence has to be good

    I don't know where you learn soccer but over my 25 years of playing actual soccer from my school days to my professional life the athleticism of each player is Paramount to a players quality. That is to say a player that has a higher top speed will be able to out Sprint a player with a lower to speed. Take Eden Hazard, Bale, Cuadrado, Ronaldo, Mbappe and others, one of their numerous qualities, is the ability to leave a defender in their dust. This Game has totally removed that strength from their game and have given defenders the ability to keep so close to you, making it almost impossible to play the ball at times. In an effort to prevent some players from exploiting the speed of some players EA have eliminated speed all together, that's ridiculous. It would've been better to ensure that the stamina feature actually works. Preventing a player from sprinting the entire game. However, a 100 or 50 yard Sprint is an integral part of soccer.
  • Yiannis-T
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    obviously @Andiesam2004 by using the word soccer instead of football shows that you don't have a clue about football.I have knowlegde about football and sports generally better than you as i was playing professionally football ,and i was a table tennis player also.When was the last time that you saw a player outrun defenders from the ,centre of the field and no one could catch him in a real match.Only Ronaldo the Brasilian could do it sometimes in his prime years.this problem was fixed by EA thankfully!AT FIFA 17&18 anyone who did not have the ability to play football ,could take Real Madrid and start running with Cristiano and Bale all night long :) .Maybe you were one of those players. Now try to play proper football by not using turbo and speed exploit all the time . FIFA 19 is an awesome game right now
  • The use of the word soccer affects my ability to understand or play soccer? Soccer is an English term believe it or not. And it's their game. Soccer comes from the shorting of association "Assoc". "assocer". This was done to differentiate between "ruger" or rugby since both sports where quite similar. History lesson free of cost. No one is saying a player should be able to run away from the entire field, but to suggest that no attacker can run away from a defender under 1 on 1 sprinting circumstances is ridiculous. And just so you know in an avid table tennis player. A member of the United Nations Table Tennis Team. SOOOO, I guess that makes me knowledgeable about sports by your logic.
  • Yiannis-T
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2018
    [
    The use of the word soccer affects my ability to understand or play soccer? Soccer is an English term believe it or not. And it's their game. Soccer comes from the shorting of association "Assoc". "assocer". This was done to differentiate between "ruger" or rugby since both sports where quite similar. History lesson free of cost. No one is saying a player should be able to run away from the entire field, but to suggest that no attacker can run away from a defender under 1 on 1 sprinting circumstances is ridiculous. And just so you know in an avid table tennis player. A member of the United Nations Table Tennis Team. SOOOO, I guess that makes me knowledgeable about sports by your logic.

    No matter what you say Forwards are alllready fast enough in this FIFA .Under 1 on 1 they are still able to run away. The only difference is that they can't leave a defender in the dust from behind the centre of the field and be able to score no matter what.The abilities of the defenders are for the best of the game.As for your knowledge about football ,you should know that the real name of this sport is "FOOTBALL" instead of soccer.Don't need history lessons from a boy who refers to the sport of FOOTBALL by using the term "soccer".
  • Brydobhoy
    437 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ill weigh in on this , I feel both of you are correct in a sense that pace as brutal someone could zig zag sprint with mbape and score now this has changed and im happy with that.
    What im not happy with is when you do some nice passes, thread a nice through ball to put aubameyang 1 on 1 and before you reach the box Godin has caught you, this would not happen in real life.
  • @Brydobhoy my point exactly. Pace cannot be taken out of soccer. It's an integral part of the game. Avoiding the exploitation we suffered in 18 is necessary, but surely there are better ways of doing so. Like ensuring stamina plays a big role and that defender are able to react to attackers movements much quicker. However all defenders being top sprinter is not a fix.
  • Yiannis-T
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FIFA 19 is ok right now--- The defenders in FIFA are like in real life.They can react to attackers movements and this is normal.In real football if a Forward player has the possesion of the ball on his feet ,he could not run so much faster when he does diagonial moves ,so the defenders have the chance to block him.The game is just fine as it is,.as a matter of fact the defenders could be a little more better .That would be for the best of the game! We want real matches ending 2-0 ,1-1 ...... not 7-6 or 6-4
  • Yiannis-T
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    "The defense has to be good so I can concede less goals and have more chances of winning online matches" - by a 12yo boi

    why are you unhappy right now?you were used to keep turbo button down and run all the way by using 2 players in a whole game.Try to learn football now. I am a Division 1 player and i could adjust in all FIFA games,apart from the last year's edition,which i didn't buy because i waited for the game to be better.No more zigzagging with faster players ,get used to it
  • Leonsmith
    176 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeh this noobs winning now in a not very skilled game and very assisted defence with pressure on very high which makes it very assisted don't have to do much cuz defence will bail out poor players. I was winning div 1 easily on 18 now I've stopped playing 19 joke of a game.
  • Ronaldinho999
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yiannis-T wrote: »
    "The defense has to be good so I can concede less goals and have more chances of winning online matches" - by a 12yo boi

    why are you unhappy right now?you were used to keep turbo button down and run all the way by using 2 players in a whole game.Try to learn football now. I am a Division 1 player and i could adjust in all FIFA games,apart from the last year's edition,which i didn't buy because i waited for the game to be better.No more zigzagging with faster players ,get used to it

    Im not even argue with u, the fact u enjoy a game with the smallest skill gap of the history of video games makes u clueless about everything, get used to it.

    Oh and im not unhappy, im veeery unhappy if that makes u feel even better lmao
  • Ronaldinho999
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In fifa 19 now only takes 1 goal to make the team who conceded OP compared to the other, just another thing to point out how of a joke is this game
  • I want some of what u are smoking lol this game is pure chaos lol
  • tilen11
    4505 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    Yiannis-T wrote: »
    EA made a good job with this year's editionwhich is by far the best FIFA of the last 4 years.The gameplay is improved.The advantages are that the defenders are better this time.It's like in a real match,they can catch up against a fast striker.No more running with the ball starting from behind the centre of the field of play,and manage to score by running faster.FIFA 19 is better ,i hope that they keep it this way ...the defence has to be good

    Are you by any chance blind?


  • Yiannis-T
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Yiannis-T wrote: »
    EA made a good job with this year's editionwhich is by far the best FIFA of the last 4 years.The gameplay is improved.The advantages are that the defenders are better this time.It's like in a real match,they can catch up against a fast striker.No more running with the ball starting from behind the centre of the field of play,and manage to score by running faster.FIFA 19 is better ,i hope that they keep it this way ...the defence has to be good

    Are you by any chance blind?


    are you by anychance stupid??? yes probably you are!
  • Yiannis-T
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    MacDaddy wrote: »
    I want some of what u are smoking lol this game is pure chaos lol

    i said that it's better than previous years.Learn how to make sense of the words being written.It's just a football game and it is better than FIFA 17&18
  • Yiannis-T
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2018
    the one who is clueless and probably a spoiled kid is you @Ronaldinho999 .Learn how to play,if you're an amateur it's not my problem
  • tarheels_forever
    424 posts Sunday League Hero
    far too many fluke goals this year. way too frustrating. im actually considering doing something i hadnt planned on doing. buying PES. have any of you tried it this year. im a huge Fifa fan but this years edition has my frustration at an all time high. i think i might switch over to PES for the remainder of this year.
  • DarkMac
    76 posts Park Captain
    I want what you smoke !
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1087 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Yiannis-T wrote: »
    the one who is clueless and probably a spoiled kid is you @Ronaldinho999 .Learn how to play,if you're an amateur it's not my problem

    You like FIFA19 the worst FIFA ever when scoring outside the box using Timed Finishing finesse shots are more effective than 1v1's inside the box.

    You would like FIFA19 because it caters towards you as you stand a chance of beating skilled opponents. :D because the skillgap is at it's lowest.

    Laughable.

  • mmm1080
    64 posts Park Captain
    Yes you are now supported by the most overpowered AI ever. How great is that!
    :s
  • Yiannis-T
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yiannis-T wrote: »
    the one who is clueless and probably a spoiled kid is you @Ronaldinho999 .Learn how to play,if you're an amateur it's not my problem

    You like FIFA19 the worst FIFA ever when scoring outside the box using Timed Finishing finesse shots are more effective than 1v1's inside the box.

    You would like FIFA19 because it caters towards you as you stand a chance of beating skilled opponents. :D because the skillgap is at it's lowest.

    Laughable.

    Where are you amateur? what happened ?you can't win now and you're having problems.I was in Division 1 at FIFA 16 & FIFA 17 no matter the gameplay was!Even if the Attackers had the advantage i managed to be at the DIV.1. Now that the game has changed for the best and there is no more run&gun with the attackers,now that Defenders are much better ,you're having problems.It's obvious that you are a joke ,a complete amateur who can't adjust. @TacticalTugTeam your reputation follows you. A complete amateur who liked thee game when you could only pick up Barca or Real Madrid and begin to run all the way long with Messi or Ronaldo to score a goal .Goognight now and goodbye.Have a nice sleep
  • Absting159
    6472 posts Moderator
    You all need to calm down. How about count to 10 after you type each sentence, then re-read it and say - would I say this to my boss at work? Or my teacher at school?

    If the answer is no - don't hit "Post Comment".

    If this nonsense continues past this post, I'll be moderating you all.
  • MacDaddy wrote: »
    I want some of what u are smoking lol this game is pure chaos lol

    That ^^^^

    The new constant pressure tactic has turned the game into a 100mph spamfest. I come up against opponents with a <50% pass rate who just lump it forward constantly and hope the infamous unresponse button lag presents them with an opportunity.

    Once you approach the half way line it's even worse, it's constant first time passing or certain death! Once you factor in the random button lag and the dreaded extra touch, it turns into a spitting feathers exercise.

    Even if you do work through and get in behind, it has to be a first time cross, or again the ball's gone. It's practically impossible to work any time/space on the ball, it's just manic.

    I'm a full manual player so I don't know if being on assisted controls compensates for the above but at times it just sucks the life out of me the way the game plays. I've been on since 11 and for me, 19 is by far the worst release of the current decade.

Sign In or Register to comment.