Disgusted with myself

AjaxLegends
1830 posts Play-Off Hero
Just played a game against a nice fella. We both tried to play good football without exploits and used manual defending. We both skipped through all the celebration ****, so I was really happy with the fun game. I was up 2-1 and then in the 88th minute his Lozano was through and I made the dirtiest tackle of all time with Alba to take him down and not allow him to go on 1-on-1 and score. Obviously apologized after the game and he accepted.

Anyone else every felt bad after a win because of a dirty play? It was a split second decision, but man wish I hadn't done it.

Comments

• ALZAYYY
    2220 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2018
    Just played a game against a nice fella. We both tried to play good football without exploits and used manual defending. We both skipped through all the celebration ****, so I was really happy with the fun game. I was up 2-1 and then in the 88th minute his Lozano was through and I made the dirtiest tackle of all time with Alba to take him down and not allow him to go on 1-on-1 and score. Obviously apologized after the game and he accepted.

Anyone else every felt bad after a win because of a dirty play? It was a split second decision, but man wish I hadn't done it.

Never feel bad after win!, no matter the circumstance lol
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3304 posts National Call-Up
    Nah, **** him
  • Just played a game against a nice fella. We both tried to play good football without exploits and used manual defending. We both skipped through all the celebration ****, so I was really happy with the fun game. I was up 2-1 and then in the 88th minute his Lozano was through and I made the dirtiest tackle of all time with Alba to take him down and not allow him to go on 1-on-1 and score. Obviously apologized after the game and he accepted.

It was Lozano, so good choice to take him down. AFCA 😎
  • AjaxLegends
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    MrMagicNL wrote: »

It was Lozano, so good choice to take him down. AFCA 😎

Hahaha, that is true. Good footballer, but don't like him IRL for obvious reasons.
  • Alford1995
    3276 posts National Call-Up
    Na man couldnt care less about opponents :wink: foook em :D
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Win at all costs
  • AjaxLegends
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    TTAZ wrote: »
    Win at all costs

Yeah, I could see why someone who is going for Elite or Top 100 says that, but I'm just a Gold 3 player. I stop at 14 wins. It's not really do or die for me, just playing for fun. But it's probably how everyone else thinks, so maybe I should too so I'm done sooner with the games :joy:
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    Tactical foul, nothing wrong with that.
  • AjaxLegends
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero

Yes, true. Getting punished for having to use Gaya sunday anyways. Just **** when you have to do it vs a clean player.
  • BcfcDale88
    3719 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve done my nice deed this Fifa kick out for a throw when their batteries died. Then the bellend goes and scores from it lol
  • Tuulis
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    If his Lozano didnt have to retire bcoz of torn ACL, i wouldnt apologize. Tactical fouls are a part of football
  • kfcbucket21
    6075 posts Big Money Move
    props to you man, nice to see people still care about sportsmanship and not acting like a **
  • Sanchezzzz
    3881 posts National Call-Up
    It’s a game you didn’t murder his dog
  • Maverick
    4877 posts National Call-Up
    Lol this thread
  • Ugri
    6652 posts Big Money Move
    Fair play that you even ask the question but him beeing Lozano, naahhh :wink:
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    This thread is hilarious, you sound like a great guy OP, but it was a perfectly okay challenge to make :lol:
    Think about it this way teams are allowed to do whatever they want on the pitch, but refrain from doing so at teh risk of consequences (red cards, bans, etc) At that point in the game it was much more likely for you to win the game with a red card for the last 3 in game minutes than by conceding a goal. Any logical person would do the same.
  • jpsblue
    3948 posts National Call-Up
    Shehraj wrote: »
    This thread is hilarious, you sound like a great guy OP, but it was a perfectly okay challenge to make :lol:
    Think about it this way teams are allowed to do whatever they want on the pitch, but refrain from doing so at teh risk of consequences (red cards, bans, etc) At that point in the game it was much more likely for you to win the game with a red card for the last 3 in game minutes than by conceding a goal. Any logical person would do the same.
    Haha my thoughts exactly. Great thread, and good guy OP

I must admit I’ve done that a few times too in stoppage time with a dirty tackle. I cop the read, take off a striker for a CB to sub on and hold on till the end

Next time I’ll send a dude a message apologizing B) #makefifaagentlemansgameagain
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    jpsblue wrote: »
    Shehraj wrote: »
    Haha my thoughts exactly. Great thread, and good guy OP

I must admit I’ve done that a few times too in stoppage time with a dirty tackle. I cop the read, take off a striker for a CB to sub on and hold on till the end

Next time I’ll send a dude a message apologizing B) #makefifaagentlemansgameagain

tbh I'd apologize as well but the usual response to any message is the 14 year old kid swearing profusely, telling you how bad you are, and threatening to bang ur mum
  • ccooaattssyy
    7843 posts League Winner
    Cynical
  • Wonderfulwest
    4691 posts National Call-Up

• Knowlesdinho
    10567 posts Has That Special Something
    If it was a real game, I would fully expect my defender to do a cynical foul to stop a goal scoring opportunity in the last few minutes of a match.
  • zzachzx
    4597 posts National Call-Up
    You were punished for it? Received a card or had a player sent off? Then there's nothing to apologize for. Tactical fouls are part of the game.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    props to you man, nice to see people still care about sportsmanship and not acting like a **

• Hippyboy6
    16885 posts World Class
    Fair play for feeling bad OP, most would do the foul without giving it a second thought. It is a win at all costs game now, there isn't any casual/friendly aspect to games. I wouldn't have done it but that's why I give up so many points/wins & all it does is put me at a disadvantage, you actually did the right thing by doing the wrong thing if that makes sense.
  • James Libby
    5606 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    Fair play OP indeed!

I'm always astounded at the toxicity I encounter while playing this game.

When someone doesn't play cheaply and sends me a GG afterward, win or lose, it's a glimmer of hope in an otherwise puerile world.

I've absolutely messaged people after a game and said things like "pks don't count, that was a draw" (when I win on a pk), or "I got lucky" after a lucky goal. Sometimes they appreciate it, sometimes they don't, but gestures like this matter and help the game and community to do and be better.

Cheers!
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    To be honest, if you'd have stayed on your feet and chased him down you'd have caught him anyway so you just got one of your players sent off for nothing. He should be thanking you.
  • Ulook92
    12891 posts Has That Special Something
    Omg you should be banned :open_mouth:
  • Keano
    13426 posts Has That Special Something
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    It’s a game you didn’t murder his dog

• Ant
    89 posts Park Captain
    At least you didn’t take it to the corner flag , how I see it is no point playing fair as some **** will do it to you eventually