The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Scream Card Theory

Johnny Bravo
1303 posts Professional
So having seen the promo video and some of the bizarre boosts the scream cards are receiving I've had a thought that these cards will remain boosted all year but the boosts will cycle round different stats owing to the the reference to "Shapeshifting".

My expectation is the cards will be released as per the promo image but each full moon the boosted stats will swap round which could be a gold mine for gambling investors.

At the moment Busquests boosts look really useful for the position with 90 pace and defending handy for a CDM but at the next full moon this could swap to shooting and physical being boosted which would be less desirable and less of an improvement over the normal card in respect of the physical meaning the price could drop.

Conversely the Ballotelli defending and dribbling 90 stats could become 90 pace and 90 shooting which would make his price jump up.

This is only a theory but I'd be quite interested in using these cards and taking the risk from time to time hoping the shapeshifting worked in my favour.

Comments

• dododada
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    this is bs.. bring back ratings upgrade.. price of 86 and 87 too high we need scream to complete all the sbc..
  • Mr_Matchup1
    5708 posts Big Money Move
    So having seen the promo video and some of the bizarre boosts the scream cards are receiving I've had a thought that these cards will remain boosted all year but the boosts will cycle round different stats owing to the the reference to "Shapeshifting".

My expectation is the cards will be released as per the promo image but each full moon the boosted stats will swap round which could be a gold mine for gambling investors.

At the moment Busquests boosts look really useful for the position with 90 pace and defending handy for a CDM but at the next full moon this could swap to shooting and physical being boosted which would be less desirable and less of an improvement over the normal card in respect of the physical meaning the price could drop.

Conversely the Ballotelli defending and dribbling 90 stats could become 90 pace and 90 shooting which would make his price jump up.

This is only a theory but I'd be quite interested in using these cards and taking the risk from time to time hoping the shapeshifting worked in my favour.

Yeah that's how expect it to work . I think any player that gets 90 pace on a new cycle will go up in price
  • FifaProDK
    951 posts Professional
    I like this idea!
  • rnmays1
    802 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah i think that's what they mean by 'shape-shifting'
  • Murf1985
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pretty sure they’ve just canned the big upgrades on a full moon to stop people using them for high rated SBCs.
  • Johnny Bravo
    1303 posts Professional
    Murf1985 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they’ve just canned the big upgrades on a full moon to stop people using them for high rated SBCs.

Absolutely, it made even the average cards high price and only really worth it for short periods. That said I loved the Boateng card when boosted but if I'm right I think there's money to be made trading them.
  • Grifan
    1464 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah the stats will move around hence the name shapeshifting, dunno if I'm a fan or not.
  • DIXON THFC
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    Grifan wrote: »
    Yeah the stats will move around hence the name shapeshifting, dunno if I'm a fan or not.

Same, seems like you'll have a pointless card at some point regardless.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Can’t imagine they let us have 90 Pace Busquets for months at a time
  • jackm57
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yip their overall will not increase this year on a full moon for SBCs.

just stats.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Everyone is disappointed about the rating not going up but they were just as much as regular 87-90s last year. The only benefit would be to those who pack them but this year they will be actually useable if they implement the system everyone thinks they are. If these players keep stats like this for a month or so at a time, they will hold value. A 90 Pace Busquets will be useful for many months. Anytime he has the 90 Pace, he will instantly be one of the best CDMs in any FUT ever pretty much. Crazy passing, decent dribbling, good defense, and insane pace... it’s hilarious just thinking about the pace upgrade lol