Another disconnect, another 0-3 loss.

Byrnzie28
1862 posts Fans' Favourite
edited October 2018
I was winning 8-0 in the 86th minute in Squad Battles and the game disconnects. Log straight back in. 0-3 loss. Thanks EA.

Because it’s clearly beyond the capability of this multi-million £££ company to design a game that allows players the option of logging back in and continuing from a set point in the game in the event of a disconnect, right?

Comments

• pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    You really seem to be the only guy in the forum with frequent disconnection problems in SB. Maybe find a way to fix that or ask for help about that instead of whining for a "fix" that you know will almost certainly never happen.
  • Byrnzie28
    edited October 2018
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    You really seem to be the only guy in the forum with frequent disconnection problems in SB. Maybe find a way to fix that or ask for help about that instead of whining for a "fix" that you know will almost certainly never happen.

Sure, I’m the only person who suffers frequent disconnects.

My NAT is ‘open’, with ‘All services available’.

I shouldn’t need to be a tech wiz with a solid convection to be able to play this game. Why is it ‘certain’ that the developers can't allow players to reconnect and continue from a set point in the game in the event of a DC? You think that’s beyond the realms of possibility for a game developer in the year 2018?
  • SkylinePS
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    it would be abused mate
  • Byrnzie28
    And I live in China, where as far as I know there are no servers. So what? I should pay money for this game and then just accept that I’m gonna be robbed of the chance to finish in the top 100 every time it disconnects?

One or two disconnects a week stop me getting top 100.

It’s total BS.
  • SkylinePS
    WHy are you being disconnected?
  • Byrnzie28
    edited October 2018
    SkylinePS wrote: »

No idea. Do I need a degree in computer science in orderr to play this game?
  • Moose Factory
    6364 posts Big Money Move
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »

A degree in anything could probably help everything. Except your debt...

I got disconnected too today while being up by plenty. What’s with the arbitrary 0-3 score? Why should the cpu be awarded 3 when they were at 0 when it disconnected?
  • pudgyfudgy
    Just to add, OP is referring to Fifa 18. Server support has probably been reduced for that game.
  • SkylinePS
    If you dont know why you are being disconnected then why are you blaming EA
  • Byrnzie28
    If you dont know why you are being disconnected then why are you blaming EA

Read my original post.
  • Byrnzie28
    edited October 2018

A degree in anything could probably help everything. Except your debt...

I got disconnected too today while being up by plenty. What’s with the arbitrary 0-3 score? Why should the cpu be awarded 3 when they were at 0 when it disconnected?

Especially when I'm 8-0 up at the 86th minute, or, as happened to me a week or two ago, when the final whistle blew and I won 6-0 against a 93 rated team on Legendary, then the game disconnected and I got awarded a 0-3 loss.

It's BS.

Why won't they just fix it so that players can continue from a set point in the match, or is this still 1988, and am I only imagining that I live in 2018?
  • Yeboahsbigballs
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Squad Battles is an offline part of the game, how are you getting disconnected?
  • SkylinePS
    edited October 2018
    mate i read your post and told you it would be abused
    What im saying is you should find out why you are being disconnected before you start laying waste to a game that is years in the making
  • Byrnzie28
    edited October 2018
    mate i read your post and told you it would be abused
    What im saying is you should find out why you are being disconnected before you start laying waste to a game that is years in the making

I spent a long time reading up on what causes disconnects and what steps to take to fix it. I got my internet speed upgraded and then realised my router was on IPv4, and that my NAT connection was only on 'Moderate', which is not good. I paid three visits to my local internet provider here in China to try to get them to change my settings. Finally they changed it so that my NAT now says 'Open', and it also says 'All services are available'. I asked them to give me IPv6, but it seems they couldn't for some reason.
    Before this I had 5 disconnects in the space of one week. This week I've had one disconnect, but that's still -2500 points, which robs me of getting a good spot in the top 100, and if I get another disconnect this weekend then I won't get top 100.

But actualy, all of this is besides the point, and nobody has yet answered the question that I've asked on these forums over a dozen times:

Why won't they fix it so that players can continue from a set point in the game in the event of a disconnect?

It's a simple fix. This is 2018. There's no excuses.
  • SkylinePS
    SO your saying its actually on your end, thats great dude.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1673 posts Play-Off Hero
    I was winning 8-0 in the 86th minute in Squad Battles and the game disconnects. Log straight back in. 0-3 loss. Thanks EA.

Because it’s clearly beyond the capability of this multi-million £££ company to design a game that allows players the option of logging back in and continuing from a set point in the game in the event of a disconnect, right?

Don't think I have had a disconnect yet
  • Byrnzie28
    SO your saying its actually on your end, thats great dude.

No, that's not what I said.
  • Byrnzie28
    And still, nobody has answered my question.
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    Why won't you fix your connection?
  • pudgyfudgy

FFS, shut up already. What are you expecting us to say anyway? Yes, we agree? No, we don't? Yes, let's petition EA to fix it? No, it's not an issue? Your "question" isn't even a good one. It's obvious that you're just looking for validity, for people to agree with you.
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something

I haven’t had one disconnect in the whole of Fifa 19. Game is trash, unresponsive and laggy, but the disconnects are definitely at OP’s end.
  • Byrnzie28

FFS, shut up already. What are you expecting us to say anyway? Yes, we agree? No, we don't? Yes, let's petition EA to fix it? No, it's not an issue? Your "question" isn't even a good one. It's obvious that you're just looking for validity, for people to agree with you.

None of the above.

And what's with telling me to shut up? Did anyone force you to read my post? I get the impression that you think you're something special. Wind your neck in, douchebag.
  • Byrnzie28
    gia wrote: »
    Why won't you fix your connection?

Read above.
  • Byrnzie28
    For anyone wondering why the FIFA community of sheep have a bad reputation, read this thread.
  • Byrnzie28
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

I haven’t had one disconnect in the whole of Fifa 19. Game is trash, unresponsive and laggy, but the disconnects are definitely at OP’s end.

That's great.

I read a Tweet from Hashtag Harry the other day - top 100 player, always competes in tournaments, etc - saying that he's had 9 DC's this year.

But it's my fault, right?
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something

That's great.

I read a Tweet from Hashtag Harry the other day - top 100 player, always competes in tournaments, etc - saying that he's had 9 DC's this year.

Seems to be small pool mate, surely EA can see your disconnects on their log and help you out?
  • silverdale10
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    There were loads of people on here complaining about disconnects in squad battles last year, I think it just reached the stage where people eventually accepted it because, well, it's EA sports.
  • Byrnzie28

That's great.

Seems to be small pool mate, surely EA can see your disconnects on their log and help you out?

I take it you've never tried getting EA to help you out with anything? Word of advice; don't waste your time.
  • Byrnzie28
    edited October 2018
    There were loads of people on here complaining about disconnects in squad battles last year, I think it just reached the stage where people eventually accepted it because, well, it's EA sports.

I'm no tech wizard, but It seems to me like something so ****ing rudimentary, especially for a company of their size.

Maybe they've just got better things to spend their time and money on, such as themselves.