Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Career mode discussion

Comments

• jam13
    15 posts Ball Boy
    I don't want to be this guy but i'm currently trying to enjoy my Liverpool career mode and I honestly can't because i'm 4th, Man City is 11th, Chelsea is 8th Spurs are 20th, and Bournemouth is 1st place and I'm 10 games in, i am just annoyed and this is probably the closest i can get to EA, i hope i didn't upset anyone but you guys have to admit that this game is not worth it and i have players with 83 stamina tired after 40 mins i am this close to smashing my controller
  • jam13 wrote: »
    I don't want to be this guy but i'm currently trying to enjoy my Liverpool career mode and I honestly can't because i'm 4th, Man City is 11th, Chelsea is 8th Spurs are 20th, and Bournemouth is 1st place and I'm 10 games in, i am just annoyed and this is probably the closest i can get to EA, i hope i didn't upset anyone but you guys have to admit that this game is not worth it and i have players with 83 stamina tired after 40 mins i am this close to smashing my controller

I haven't experienced the stamina issue myself, but have read about it numerous times. It really sounds disturbing!

Regarding your career, give it some time. In my career, both Liverpool and Chelsea both struggled for a long time, with Chelsea celebrating christmas in the relegation zone. In the end, though, all the "top six teams" ended in top 7 along with Everton. That was quite realistic, although they should all have had more points. 73 or 74 points should never be enough to win the PL.
  • African11
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    jam13 wrote: »

Change your attack & defense Instructions, aggressive attack instructions tend to deplete 3/4 of stamina in the first half alone
  • ****. I have read about players - even young ones - losing rating after the first season. Now it happened to me too.
    De Gea went from 93 to 92, Bailly from 84 to 83, Fosu-Mensah from 77 to 76, Williams from 70 to 69 etc. Really frustrating and meaningless.
  • DanielA-NUFC
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    So last night I did what I said I would do to myself and dropped subasic out in my gk I had all last season and I won 2 in a row! Now up to 9th!
  • You are also mentioning Donnarumma and Weah. They are also two of my top targets, but I will not pursue Donnarumma, until De Gea leaves at some point. I really try to keep a balance in my squad and keep the players as satisfied as possible. I also try to keep my number of first team players down to 25 or 26. I could sign Weah soon though, as a backup and promising talent, like you have. Then he would be my third player from the United States and the fourth from North America.

I haven't been plagued by the Stamina issue, though. Perhaps I was just lucky to avoid that particular update, or perhaps I play the games in a manner, where it doesn't affect me that much. It could also be that I rate stamina very highly, when selecting new players to buy, and Tyler Adams is a great example of that. You should definitely buy him. Hurry though, when the game is updated in January, he will probably be transferred to RB Leipzig and impossible to buy in the first couple of seasons.

Donnarumma was always on my radar, but, like you said, I didn't need to sign him as I already had a top keeper in Leno... but when PSG came calling, to the tune of $100 million, I couldn't turn that down, and Donnarumma was there waiting. Weah has been good for my youth squad, essentially, he's a few years from the first team yet, but he seems to have everything necessary to be a great player down the line. I also try and keep my squad fairly light, probably a similar count of 25 or so.

I do play on a constant pressure tactic, so maybe that contributes to the stamina issues more than a more relaxed tactic.
  • tonyni wrote: »
    You are also mentioning Donnarumma and Weah. They are also two of my top targets, but I will not pursue Donnarumma, until De Gea leaves at some point. I really try to keep a balance in my squad and keep the players as satisfied as possible. I also try to keep my number of first team players down to 25 or 26. I could sign Weah soon though, as a backup and promising talent, like you have. Then he would be my third player from the United States and the fourth from North America.

I haven't been plagued by the Stamina issue, though. Perhaps I was just lucky to avoid that particular update, or perhaps I play the games in a manner, where it doesn't affect me that much. It could also be that I rate stamina very highly, when selecting new players to buy, and Tyler Adams is a great example of that. You should definitely buy him. Hurry though, when the game is updated in January, he will probably be transferred to RB Leipzig and impossible to buy in the first couple of seasons.

Donnarumma was always on my radar, but, like you said, I didn't need to sign him as I already had a top keeper in Leno... but when PSG came calling, to the tune of $100 million, I couldn't turn that down, and Donnarumma was there waiting. Weah has been good for my youth squad, essentially, he's a few years from the first team yet, but he seems to have everything necessary to be a great player down the line. I also try and keep my squad fairly light, probably a similar count of 25 or so.

I do play on a constant pressure tactic, so maybe that contributes to the stamina issues more than a more relaxed tactic.

What do you mean with Weah being good for your youth squad? As far as I can tell, you only have the first team squad to manage? (Although it would be awesome to be able to manage the youth team as well).

• Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    Part 4 of my Jardim-career with Manchester United. From July to December 2019. Starting with a number of decreases in my players' overall ratings, so I almost gave up on continuing the career. But in the end, I convinced myself not to be too frustrated about it.

So, after the Premier League and FA Cup wins in my first season, I entered the second season and the second open transfer window. And with a rather high amount of transfers in the first window, now I wanted not to be so active in this one and to keep the squad and especially the starting lineup recognizable.

And I managed to do just that. Only two players left, Chris Smalling to Atletico Madrid for €26,5M, and Fred to Bayern for an astonishing €71,5M. They must have been desperate to fill the gap from Tolisso and Renato Sanches, who came to me six months before. I replaced Fred with Lewis Cook from Bournemouth, rated 79. He would be a reserve to first choises Tolisso and Pogba along with Sanches. Other new signings were Timothy Weah, rated 71, and Real Madrid-flop Theo Hernández, rated 78, to replace both Ashley Young and Tony Valencia, whose contracts were not renewed. Several players also returned from loan deals, for instance Fosu-Mensah, who would play most of the fall as a starter on the right back.

So, having played the spring season on Legendary, I wanted to see how I would do with a whole season with that difficulty. And as champions, I got a great test in the Community Shield against Manchester City. I lined up, as usual, in a 4-4-2: My new captain De Gea - FosuMensah, Bailly, Lindelöf, Shaw - Lingard, Tolisso, Pogba, Zaha - Lukaku, Martial. That makes Tolisso and Zaha the only players in this favoured lineup to be new signings. So apart from them, I had only bought players for the depth and the future, although Pulisic and Lingard were in a very close competition for the RM position.

I won the community shield with 3-0. Martial gave me the lead from a penalty, after Delph had brought down Lukaku. Later, both Pogba and Lingard scored, with Zaha assisting them both from the left. My dominans was total, and now I was in doubt whether "Legendary" was already too easy for me, so soon after switching from World Class. I decided to give it time though, to try some league games, and already in the first game I lost every desire to make the game harder. I did win the game, actually, 2-1 against Frank Lampard's promoted Derby, but I only had 38% of possession running around after the ball all the time! Really frustrating, and I only sealed the win due to a Martial penalty in the 85th minute and a red card to their captain, Curtis Davies.

A few games later I lost 1-0 to Bournemouth, again with only 38% of possession, so I did not find the game too easy at all. I had also only fought my way back in a 1-1 draw against Club Brugge in the Champions League first match, so I was under pressure going into the second fixture against Paris SG with the Bournemouth-loss as my most recent experience. However, even though PSG still lined up with Neymar, Cavani and Mbappé, they did not seem to be on same same level as in the CL Semi Finals a few months before and had also only got one point from their first round match against Borussia Mönchengladbach. So I won 3-0 at Old Trafford with goals from Tolisso, Lukaku and Martial. Really odd to be so out of the game against both Derby and Bournemouth, while easily smashing both Manchester City and PSG with 3-0. Perhaps EA has an issue with these difficulties, and it doesn't seem too important, which team you are playing against.

In the next two Champions League games, though, I only managed to win one point from Gladbach, losing 1-0 away and drawing 2-2 at home, even being behind twice. Statswise I think I was the best team in both matches, but the Germans were really effective and deadly. So for the 5th round, I desperately needed a win at home versus Brugge, and luckily Lukaku guided the team with a first half hattrick in the 3-1 win. Unfortunately, Zaha, my top scorer in the league at that time, went down with a serious knee injury and would be out for seven months. And since it was late November, I believe his season is over. Now I had 8 points, the exact same amount as both PSG and Gladbach, but with PSG, my nemesis from last seasons Champions League semi finals, in my final group game. "Not the position Manchester United want to be in", the speaker said, and I had to agree with that. Lukaku and Pogba were not petrified though, bringing me in front with two goals, their 5th and 3rd CL goals, before Mbappé scored his first CL goal in style, performing a brilliant bicycle kick. In the end, I won 3-1 with another one from Pogba, and while Gladbach drew 1-1 against Brugge, I won the group and sent PSG to the Europa League at the same time. What a revenge!

In the league, things were not as dramatic, and after 19 games I had 13 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses. With 43 points I had made a little gap to Leicester City with 35, Manchester City with 34, Spurs with 32 and Everton 31. Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea were in 7th to 9th places in the league, so they could very well make their way back to the top six with a few wins.

My best performers in the fall are, without a doubt, Pogba and Zaha. I haven't really been satisfied with Lingard and Pulisic on the right, scoring only one league goal each, but when Zaha hasn't played, Sessegnon has done just as well, so perhaps it is just my way of playing the game that favours the left side more than the right. I don't know. Tolisso, Martial and Lukaku has also been solid, and my new full back Fosu-Mensah has been very good defensively. He doesn't bring much to the attack, but he is very fast and solid in defence, and with some training now he has a rating of 80.

In January 2020, many of my young players will return from their loan deals, among others Andreas Pereira, Gomes and Chong, so I will definitely have to make new loan deals to them or others, if I want to keep my number of players down to 25/26. Alphonso Davies has already agreed to leave for Villareal for a year, reuniting with Diogo Dalot, who went there in the summer, but I am sure others will also leave to get experience elsewhere. I will provide an update again after the January transfer window.

Post edited by Steffolovitch on
  • mfmaxpower
    58 posts Park Captain
    I've had some decent fun with a Southampton CM, but I'm about to give up on CM considering just how easy it is. Even on Ultimate I have zero challenge creating chances against the CPU. In my first season, Ings is lighting up the scoring table, dominating the league because how easy it is to score.
  • DanielA-NUFC
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Have you tried using manual controls or adjusting sliders? I have a good challenge with the customer sliders I found on here.
  • Dennis1991
    57 posts Park Captain
    Yes ultimate is so easy After Update 1.05!! Fix it!!
  • Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    Part 5 of my Jardim-career with Manchester United. From January to June 2020.

In my third open transfer window a lot of players returned from loan, so suddenly I had too many players in my squad and couldn't play them all to a satisfying extent. Especially the central midfield was too crowded: Tolisso and Pogba were both among the first names on my team sheet, and with Renato Sanches, Lewis Cook, Andreas Pereira, McTominay, Tyler Adams and Ethan Hamilton as backups, they were just too many. Even though Adams was mostly used as a right back.

So I agreed to a number of new loan deals sending midfielders Andreas Pereira to Bayer Leverkusen, Renato Sanches to Schalke (six months only), McTominay to Arsenal and Hamilton to SPAL in Italy. Without Sanches, Adams would now be the 4th choice in midfield leaving the spot as Fosu-Mensah's backup open. Here I invested in Crystal Palace's Aaron Wan-Bissaka, while I also bought the young Morgan Gibbs-White from Wolves as my new fifth choice central midfielder.

I actually thought that would be my only deals, but apparently Real Madrid wanted Lindelöf badly, and even though I was happy with my Bailly/Lindelöf partnership, I couldn't say no to the €50M, they paid for the 83 rated swede. And when I was able to replace him instantly with PSG's 84 rated Kimpembe for only €42,5M, I think I came out stronger on the other side.

So, apart from the injured Zaha, my squad for the spring season was:

1. De Gea, 93
    13. Grant, 70
    25. Pereira, 74

2. Wan-Bissaka, 79
    3. Bailly, 84
    4. Kimpembe, 84
    5. Vezo, 81
    12. Theo, 79
    23. Shaw, 83
    24.Fosu-Mensah, 82

6. Pogba, 90
    16. Tolisso, 86
    18. Cook, 80
    26. Adams, 76
    28. Gibbs-White, 71

14. Lingard, 83
    19. Sessegnon, 79
    22. Pulisic, 83
    47. Gomes, 74

9. Lukaku, 89
    10. Rashford, 83
    11. Martial, 86
    29. Weah, 72

After my Champions League group win, surprisingly sending PSG out of the tournament, I was paired with Inter playing the first leg at the Giuseppe Meazza. I started the game brilliantly with Pogba sending me in front with another goal. He is truly a beast in my game! But suddenly my new signing, Kimpembe, in his debut, brought down an opponent in the box and was given a straight red card. As previously mentioned, Icardi was now at Bayern, so his replacement, Alvaro Morata, equalised with the penalty. Later, he scored again with a header, so I had to win at home to qualify for the quarter finals. However, I only managed to draw 0-0, with Handanovic making several big saves to keep me from scoring the one goal, I desperately needed.

So I was out, before the fun even began, and meanwhile PSG went all the way to win the Europa League. So who was laughing now? And as if it wasn't enough, Inter afterwards bought De Gea for €145M, making him join them in the summer. That was quite a surprise to me thinking of Handanovic' effort at Old Trafford, but in the end it was my decision to agree the deal. The 87 rated Donnarumma had only a little over a year left of his contract with AC Milan, so I was able to sign him for €55M, and I just couldn't resist bringing the 21 year old keeper to my team in stead, and I really look forward to him joining me in the summer of 2020.

After the disappointing CL-exit, I began to simulate a lot of the league matches in the spring. I just wanted to begin my next season as soon as possible and improve my run in the Champions League. Most of the simulated games were won though, and after just 34 games I had equalled the 78 points, which had secured me the league title the season before. So I won the Premier League again, and in the FA Cup Final against Wolverhampton I won 3-0 to win me another double in two consecutive seasons. And just like captain Valencia the season before, captain De Gea lifted the FA Cup Trophy in his final appearance for Manchester United.
  • Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    Part 6 of my Jardim-career with Manchester United. From June to September 2020.

During last season I received a job offer from KNVB, the Dutch FA, to coach the Netherlands National Football Team, and considering the hype surrounding players like Van Dijk and the three De's; De Ligt, De Jong and Depay, I decided to accept and see, what all the fuzz is about.

Playing them at the Euro's 2020 was a disaster, though. I was really getting familiar with the 4-4-2 on club level, but didn't want to use that formation with "Oranje", who are historically bound to the 4-3-3 formation. I was put in the same group as Austria, Romania and Spain, so I should be able to at least win the second place. But in the first match, Austria was 3-0 up already during the first half! Schöpf, Arnautovic and Grillitsch all scored goals from almost out of nowhere, and even though De Jong brought me back in the game during the second half, I conseeded a late one from Sabitzer to make it 4-1 to the Austrians. Wow, I did NOT see that coming.

The second match started just a poorly with Romania going in front after only 5 minutes with a header from a perfect cross. This time I managed to turn it around, though, with Depay, Kluivert and De Jong making it a 3-1 win in the end. The comeback actually only happened after switching to a 4-4-2, so perhaps I should just stick to that in stead of being too loyal towards the history of football. I was now forced to a win against Spain, but my nemesis from the Champions League, Morata, sent the Spaniards in front, and even though Memphis Depay equalised later on, it was not enough to progress. So Oranje were out of the Euros, and I resigned from KNVB and will now be open for other National Team duties before the World Cup in 2022, hopefully doing better than I did with Oranje.

Back to the club duties, De Gea left for Inter, while Donnarumma left their red and black rivals to fill De Gea's shoes at Old Trafford. In the right back position, I had started to prefer the offensive Wan-Bissaka to the more defensive-minded Fosu-Mensah, whom Barcelona actually wanted on a loan deal. So I accepted that and signed Hakimi to fight Wan-Bissaka for the right back.

With my Martial/Lukaku-partnership continuing in front, Rashford became a regular starter on the left and started the new season with 7 goals from the first 10 games. And with Zaha returning from his 7 month injury, I decided to accept a loan offer from Arsenal regarding Ryan Sessegnon, who was far too good to be third choice on the left wing. So now I did not have any regular left wingers, with strikers Rashford and Zaha fighting for the spot as well as being subs up front. Weah could also fit well with both roles, and I also the signed 21 year old Tyler Roberts as another left midfield/striker option. In time I would really like at least one of my left midfielders to be a natural left footed left midfielder, but for the moment it wasn't meant to be. Both Martial and Lukaku have started the season without many goals, so their partnership could soon be coming to an end. But for now, I will wait and see how the fall turns out.

Sanches has come back from loan, so in stead I wanted to loan out Lewis Cook, since I only wanted one reserve central midfielder on that level. But the only offers I received were from Manchester City and Liverpool, and obviously I didn't want him to go there. So now I have a rather crowded central midfield in the fall, until he will join Juventus in a one year loan from January 2021.

In the Champions League I am in a group with Spartak Moscow, Napoli and Porto, so I guess I am the favourite to win it, not like the two previous seasons with Juventus and PSG in the bookies' favour. I have won the first match at Spartak away - with Rashford of course scoring the only goal of the game.

I have also started bringing in some generated talents to the club. In the first season I didn't scout at all with so many youngsters already at the club. But in my second season I scouted in England and now have a few youngsters lined up as promising talents for the future. Goalkeeper Mason Evand, winger Alfie Price etc. I will not scout now in the third season, but will do it again in the fourth, I think. That way I will get new blood once in a while, without drowning in generated teens.

Regarding the players' value and overall ratings, earlier I was complaining about unexpected decreases in the ratings. And even though it is still a problem - Lukaku is 89 rated in the menus, but only 88 rated during games - many of the players seem to have catched up on the lost ratings from before and seem to progress nicely. And that is quite obvious when you compare their current ratings to their ratings from my last post only six months before. This is how my new squad looks:

1. Donnarumma, 87.
    13. Henderson, 74.
    40. Evans, 61.

2. Wan-Bissaka, 79.
    3. Bailly, 86.
    4. Kimpembe, 85.
    5. Vezo, 82.
    12. Theo, 81.
    21. Hakimi, 80.
    23. Shaw, 84.
    38. Tuanzebe, 76.

6. Pogba, 90.
    8. Sanches, 81.
    16. Tolisso, 88.
    18. Cook, 82 (will join Juventus on loan from January 2021).
    26. Adams, 77.
    28. Gibbs-White, 73.

7. Zaha, 84.
    10. Rashford, 85.
    14. Lingard, 83.
    22. Pulisic, 85.
    45. Price, 66.

9. Lukaku, 89.
    11. Martial, 88.
    27. Roberts, 75.
    29. Weah, 75.

Currently out on loan:

J. Pereira, 75, West Ham.
    T. Fosu-Mensah, 82, Barcelona.
    R. Williams, 71, PSV.
    D. Dalot, 76, PSG.
    S. McTominay, 76, Arsenal.
    E. Hamilton, 70, SPAL.
    A. Pereira, 81, Leverkusen.
    R. Sessegnon, 81, Arsenal.
    A. Davies, 77, Villareal.
    C. Gribbin, 70, Independiente.
    T. Chong, 73, Sevilla.
    A. Gomes, 75, Southampton.
    J. Bohui, 68, Racing Club.

• Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    edited January 3
    Part 7. September to November 2020.

Haven't played that much lately, since I got Red Dead Redemption 2 for Christmas. So this will be a rather short update.

I started the fall by winning the community shield against Manchester City. The match ended 0-0, and in the penalty shootout, both Martial and Rashford missed their chances. However, Donnarumma did well on his debut, saving all four attempts from the Citizens: First a "Panenka" from Agüero, and then shots from De Bruyne, Mahrez and Eriksen. De Gea who?

The league has started pretty well too, topping it with Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea. Pretty close so far. Nice with a realistic league table without for instance Southampton or Bournemouth in the top. Nothing spectacular to write about, but I still have an issue with too few goals from my strikers, Martial and Lukaku. I will have to deal with that at some point. Zaha has struggled since returning from his long injury, and Rashford has surely seized the left wing position. Zaha did improve in November, though, so perhaps it is way too soon to write him off.

In the Champions League I started with a win against Spartak and a draw against Napoli. So the third game against Porto - in Portugal - could almost already decide my progessing from the group stage. Porto had lost both their games, but really proved to be a difficult challenge. They passed well around me, and after 30 minutes, their new number 9, Luis Alberto, scored with a beautiful bicycle kick to the top corner of my goal. I did equalise two minutes later from a great strike from Pulisic, but just as quickly, Jesus Corona made it 2-1 with a volley. Three goals in five minutes or so.

In the second half captain Pogba received a ball in the box and scored with a screamer to the top corner of the goal. Now I thought 2-2 was an okay result away against Porto, especially after struggling badly throughout the game. But somehow they fell apart towards the end, and suddenly it became easy for me to find the chances. Pulisic provided two great assists from the right, first to a Martial header, and then to Lukaku's right foot. In the end Zaha finished them off with a counterattack, assisted by Renato Sanches, to make it 2-5. A truly memorable rollercoaster-game. Love it. I am not sure Casillas did, though, now 39 years old.

Now I am just progressing towards the January window, where I will also have to decide several loan options. Andreas Pereira, Alphonso Davies and others will return from loan, so I will have to find a place for them in the squad or try and loan them out once again. I really like Andreas Pereira, but I don't really think he fits in the 4-4-2, being neither a CM or a classic winger. Well, I could make it work, but with the signings I have made, he has been superseded. In real life he would probably request a permanent move somewhere, being loaned out almost constantly for several seasons. Perhaps I will have to let him go soon.
  • ArladArlad
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Hello Steffolovitch!
    It is really great to read up on your Man Utd CM bravo for keeping it going (not sure I could if I had RDR2 at Christmas) lol. :D
    Regarding Andreas when he returns from Leverkusen set up a loan deal to send Gibbs-White on loan (since he is the lower rated CM anyway). United play enough EPL, Champs League, FA Cup and Carabao Cup games that you probably can afford to use Andreas and Sanches for the rotation games while still playing Pogba + Tolisso in the main ones. ;)

I just wanted to drop onto the thread and give my props to your CM as it's been awesome to read about
    Rich
  • Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    ArladArlad wrote: »
    Hello Steffolovitch!
    It is really great to read up on your Man Utd CM bravo for keeping it going (not sure I could if I had RDR2 at Christmas) lol. :D
    Regarding Andreas when he returns from Leverkusen set up a loan deal to send Gibbs-White on loan (since he is the lower rated CM anyway). United play enough EPL, Champs League, FA Cup and Carabao Cup games that you probably can afford to use Andreas and Sanches for the rotation games while still playing Pogba + Tolisso in the main ones. ;)

I just wanted to drop onto the thread and give my props to your CM as it's been awesome to read about
    Rich

Thanks for feedback! Really great to see someone reading it and commenting too. I have actually done what you suggested, even before you wrote it. I will write a new update in a minute.
  • Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    edited January 7
    Part 8. November 2020 to 3rd of January 2021.

As previously mentioned, the league table was looking rather realistic during the fall. After 13 rounds of the EPL, the top four looked like this:

United, 30 points
    Liverpool, 28 points
    City, 28 points
    Chelsea, 27 points

Really great to see my three closest rivals getting an average of more than 2 points per game. If they continue like this, it should require more than 80 points to win the league, for once. And that particular league table was a great setting for the 14th round, where third placed Manchester City visited me at Old Trafford, while Liverpool and Chelsea met at Stamford Bridge.

It started disastrously though, with Bailly making a huge mistake in possession, setting up Sterling to make the opener after only 10 minutes. Bailly is performing excellently in a defensive partnership with Kimpembe, but he does make severe mistakes from time to time. Quite realistic to be honest. Five minutes later, though, left midfielder Rashford set up his opposite winger, Pulisic, with a brilliant cross to make it 1-1. And after 35 minutes Lukaku found Rashford with a brilliant through pass, which the young mancunian converted to 2-1.

Just before the break something remarkable happened. Ederson received the ball at his feet, but he made a horrible clearance only to the middle of the Citizen's own half. Lukaku received the ball with a first-timed header to Martial, who first-timed it back to him with his chest. In the middle of them, poor Fabian Delph could do nothing about it. Once again Lukaku first-timed a pass to Tolisso, who took the ball behind his support leg, before making a through pass to Martial, who ran past the entire defensive line and first-timed the ball with his left foot to the far right corner. Almost a Goal of the Season-contender, and in the meantime it was only his third league goal of the season.

He did his fourth as well, though, after a Pogba assist, before being substituted for Weah. Then the young son of a legend contributed with a penalty in the 84th minute, which Pogba converted, and in injury time Lukaku closed the game completely to 6-1, assisted by Jesse Lingard. A surprisingly big win, almost reminiscent of the 7-1 thrashing at Stamford Bridge in my first season, coming out of nowhere with otherwise only close encouters.

In the meantime, Chelsea and Liverpool drew 2-2, so I started to have a gap on them, and halfway through the season, after 19 rounds, I lead the league with 41 points, City were second with 36, Chelsea and Liverpool had 32, while Spurs came 5th with 31. So I won 11 points from the last 6 games, which was a bit under the expected, but my closest rivals only won 8, 5 and 4 points. So once again I must point out, that the league is far too easy to win, with the other top teams unlikely to get more than 65-75 points during a whole 38 game season.

I still have an issue with lack of striker goals. Lukaku has only scored 6 league goals, the same amount as Rashford on the left wing. My top scorers in the league are Tolisso and Martial with 7 goals each, the latter only after a first half hattrick against West Bromwich on Christmas Eve. WTF? Why the hell play the game on Christmas Eve and NOT on Boxing Day?!

Now it is January 2021, and midfielders Gibbs-White and Cook has left Schalke 04 and Juventus respectively, both in one year loan deals. In the meantime a lot of players have returned from loan, most mentionable Andreas Pereira and Alphonso Davies, who both starred and got on the scoresheet in the FA Cup 3-0 win against Wycombe on January 3rd. They both looked really promising, while Wilfried Zaha disappointed greatly, especially after being given the captain's armband for the occasion.

So I have far too many players, and the next month will decide which players will leave on loan deals or perhaps even permanent transfers. Oh! Almost forgot. Bad news: I drew Real Madrid for the next round in the Champions League, even though I won the group. Good news: Martial is the first of my players to be shortlisted for Player of the year, along with Dybala, Griezmann and Ronaldo. Quite surprising really, taking in consideration that he has only scored 7 league goals and 10 in all competitions in the last six months.
  • Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    edited January 8
    Part 9 of my Jardim-career with Manchester United. January 2021.

If I remember correctly, I have previously declined an offer from Juventus for my striker, Lukaku. However, when the Old Lady returned in January 2021 with a new offer, I though it was finally time to negotiate. I have now played with the same preferred striking duo for two and a half season, so I was eager to find space in the squad and add a new starter to the front.

Their initial bid was just above €100M, which as I recall was a bit more than United paid for him, when he arrived from Everton in 2017. But somehow I managed to get €187,5M for the belgian, quite surprising since the market value for the 27-year old was only at €69M. It was truly an offer, I couldn't refuse.

So I was on the market for a new number 9, and I was really thrilled about making a reunion between Jardim and former striker from their joint spell at AS Monaco, Kylian Mbappé. Playing on the wing for PSG and France, he was playing as a striker back then, so I put him up there, alongside Martial, where he would also inherite the number 9 shirt. The only downside of this was the lack of Lukaku's physique and aerial threat, but to be honest, I wasn't succesful in that aspect of the game. Most of my crosses hit the central midfielders or opposite wingers more than the strikers, who were mostly scoring with the ball at their feet. And the €128M valued striker had only 18 months left of his contract with PSG, so I only had to pay €150M for him. Imagine that: Selling Lukaku and buying a better, younger Mbappé and having almost €40M to spare!

After the FA Cup win against Wycombe, I was set to play a two-leg Carabao Cup Semi Final against Crystal Palace. This would be an occasition for the reserves, since the first leg was just before an EPL game away against Spurs, which I eventually lost 1-0, while the second was just two days before an FA Cup game at Anfield. In both legs I was the lesser side though. Current Braga-striker Paulinho scored in the beginning of the first leg, and only after sending on Pogba, Pulisic and Rashford, I managed to secure a 1-1 result at Old Trafford after Pogba's equaliser. In the second leg the story was the same with Patrick Schick scoring for the eagles early on and Crystal Palace dominating the game. But a late equaliser from Alphonso Davies and an injury time winner from my deputizing Captain, Wilfried Zaha, against his old friends, sent me to the final with 3-2 on aggregate.

As mentioned, the FA Cup encounter at Anfield was my next challenge, only two days later. With all my best players available and fit for the game, except Shaw, who was sidelined until April, I managed to fully dominate it. Rashford, playing as a left midfielder, had two great opportunities, but Alisson made breathtaking saves on both occasions. Really a contrast to his fellow brazilian, Ederson, who let in 6 goals against me in december, while being culpable for at least two of them. And they appear so equal in real life! But just after the break, Martial made a terrific through pass in behind Liverpool skipper Van Dijk, who were caught in a running duel with debutant Mbappé. The 92 rated 22 year old World Champion did what he does best, and after winning the ball, he stroke it to the top corner of the goal, even though Alisson got his hand on it - almost doing the impossible for the third time in the game. What a debut, scoring the only goal of the game - at Anfield - in the world's oldest Cup tournament.

Regarding my squad size, I have really not received any loan offers except for goalkeeper Henderson, who will join Valencia for a year. So it seems I will have a job at hand rotating my players to keep them happy during the spring. I still have a few days left of the window though, so a few departures could still happen, and I would love to see a centerhalf, a midfielder, a winger and a striker leave. But for the time being my roster looks like this:

1. Donnarumma, 88
    25. Pereira, 77

2. Wan-Bissaka, 80
    3. Bailly, 87
    4. Kimpembe, 86
    5. Vezo, 82
    12. Theo, 82
    21. Hakimi, 81
    23. Shaw, 84 (injured until April)
    38. Tuanzebe, 76
    52. Williams, 72

6. Pogba, 91
    8. Sanches, 82
    15. Andreas, 83
    16. Tolisso, 88
    26. Adams, 78
    39. McTominay, 77
    48. Hamilton, 71

10. Rashford, 86
    14. Lingard, 83
    17. Davies, 79
    22. Pulisic, 85
    42. Gribbin, 72
    44. Chong, 75

7. Zaha, 85
    9. Mbappé, 92
    11. Martial, 89
    27. Roberts, 76
    29. Weah, 76
    46. Bohui, 70

• Dear developers, hello! Please add new faces to career mode. For an optimal career game, please add these faces: Jorginho (Chelsea), Houssem Aouar (OL), Tanguy Ndombele (OL), Benjamin Pavard (Bayern Munich), Jadon Malik Sancho (BVB 09), Maximilian Philipp (BVB 09), Thomas Delaney (BVB 09), Jacob Bruun Larsen (BVB 09), Mahmoud Dahoud (BVB 09), Malcom Oliveira (Barcelona), Arthur Melo (Barcelona), Carles Alena (Barcelona), Brais Mendez (Celta), Fran Beltran (Celta) , Dodi Lukebakio (Watford), Kai Havertz (Bayer 04), Leon Bailey (Bayer 04), Krzysztof Piatek (Genoa CFC), Suso (AC Milan), Patrick Cutrone (AC Milan), Federico Chiesa (Fiorentina), Cengis Under ( Roma), Justin Kluivert (Roma), Frenkie de Jong (Ajax), Steven Bergwijn (PSV), Moussa Dembele (OL), Breel Embolo (Schalke 04), Bernard Duarte (Everton), Lucas Tousart (OL), Moussa Diaby ( PSG), Lucas Paqueta (AC Milan).
  • Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    Good point, klemenze1. But you should write this in the Starhead Thread. This thread is for writing about progress in a game of the career mode and not about starheads/real faces.

However, I don't think more faces will be added for FIFA 19. But there is a good possibility for the bundesliga faces like Pavard, Delaney, Dahoud, Philipp, Bruun Larsen, Sancho, Havertz, Bailey etc. to be added for FIFA 20, since the BuLi is expected to get the same treatment as La Liga received for FIFA 19.

By the way: Lukebakio has a real face.
  • Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    edited January 11
    Part 10 of my career game with Jardim/Manchester United. From late January to March 2021.

The last days of January gave me almost what I wanted in terms of departures. Inter Milan bought McTominay for €13,5M, and three players left on one year loans: Weah to Dortmund, Bohui to Galatasaray and Tuanzebe to Chelsea. I would have preferred not loaning the latter to one of my closest rivals, but with only few days left of the window, I had to take the offer, I was given.

I also accepted a €37,5M bid for Lingard from Sevilla, having already declined offers from both Liverpool and Manchester City. But the lean mancunian didn't want to go, and in the meantime I rejected a loan move for Davies, since I thought Lingard was leaving. So now both are available for the rest of the season.

The 27th of January 2021 I was set to play Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium. Having a pretty solid lead in the EPL, I decided to test the Ultimate difficulty. Remember, I only started at world class in season one, finding it a real challenge, so it was unreal to me that I was now about to play on ultimate.

I started well though. Pogba made a great deep through pass, and new forward Mbappé, making his league debut, made it 1-0. However, it didn't last long, as first Sterling and then Sané gave the Citizens a 2-1 lead. Towards the end though, Martial found Mbappé in the box, and the league debutant headed the ball in the net. Already I felt like I wasn't going to miss Lukaku at all. And in injury time, Martial also scored with a header after a cross from Pogba - giving me a 3-2 win at the Etihad.

Happy to see I could manage in this difficulty, I decided to continue against Fulham and Huddersfield Town, both at Old Trafford. Against Fulham, Mbappé scored again, although the visitors proved a real challenge and difinitely deserved to win it - especially after Seri's equaliser. However, towards the end, Mbappé secured a penalty, which he converted himself, and somehow I ended up sending The Cottagers home with a 3-1 defeat - with Mbappé now scoring a brace in two consecutive league games. Two became three, when he made a first half hattrick against Huddersfield Town, who were not really in the game, until they had a consolation goal towards the end. Two 3-1 home wins, although it was two entirely different games.

Mbappé now had 7 goals from his first 3 league games, already making him my second most scoring player in the league - after Martial, who has 9 goals from 22 games. The three consecutive games with at least two goals was also a spectacular feat, which has not been done for United since Cristiano Ronaldo.

The next challenge was the second round in the Champions League, where I was to play Real Madrid with the first leg away at the Estadio Bernabéu. I lined up in the best way possible: Donnarumma - Hakimi, Bailly, Kimpembe, Theo - Pulisic, Tolisso, Pogba, Rashford - Mbappé, Martial. So my two full backs were both to play their former club, while Lindelöf did the same. Real Madrid lined up like this: Courtois - Carvajal, Varane, Lindelöf, Alonso - Casemiro, Kroos, Isco - Bale, Aubameyang, Asensio.

The game ended 0-0, still on ultimate. Madrid used two subs, with Pjanic and James replacing Kroos and Isco. Though I had hoped for them to use Bas Dost or Harry Maguire from the bench ;) In the second leg at Old Trafford, both teams lined up in the exact same way, and Real Madrid even used the same two substitutions. Still on ultimate, I managed to get in front with a header from Martial, after a breakaway on the right by Pulisic and a cross from the goalline. Later on, it was Rashford, who broke away on the left and crossed it from the goalline to an easy header from Mbappé. Two almost identical goals, only mirrored. And it was actually Lindelöf, who failed his mark on both occasions. To be honest, I think I have more headed goals already, than before I sold Lukaku. Strange to think about, since his physique and aerial threat was the only reason I had to doubt his departure. Towards the end of the game, Martial did some excellent dribbling in the middle of the field and found Pulisic on the right to make it 3-0 with a one-on-one with Courtois. So now I have really no excuse from continuing on the Ultimate difficulty. What a journey this has been!

Next up in the Champions League will be Atlético Madrid in the quarter finals with their new signing, Christian Eriksen, to pull the strings.

• That_Guy44
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm in my second season leading D.C. United. I moved the club overseas and I'm in the second season. We're currently 4th in the Premier league.

ST Che Adams 76
    ST Adalberto Peñaranda 78
    CAM Amine Harit 82
    RM Christian Pulisic 85
    LM Yamil Asad 76
    CDM Nathaniel Chalobah 78
    LB Maximilian Mittelstädt 74
    RB DeAndre Yedlin 78
    CB John Brooks 81
    CB Axel Tuanzebe 74
    GK Zack Steffen 79

You might have noticed I have a decent amount of Americans on my squad. I dont manage international teams because it's boring and a waste of time, but hopefully developing the good Americans together will give them a good chance in 2022.
  • Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    edited January 14
    Moving D.C. United to England? I didn't know it was possible to do that. How did you? And are you playing on PC or console?

I started a quite similar career some months back, but have now deleted it again, since there is only four save slots :( . I played with Monaco and had appointed Henry as the manager - before he was appointed in real life. I also gathered a lot of americans in the team, because the potential is there to make a great national team for the World Cup in 2022.

I can only see your starting 11, so perhaps you already have them, but I can really recommend Tyler Adams and Timothy Weah, when it comes to players from the US. For your left back position you could also give Antonee Robinson a try. Adams has really been a must buy in all my career games so far. When I have started with a minor team, he has been a starter and quickly a star in my team, and when I have played with a top side, he has been a terrific sub. His pace and stamina skills are fantastic. He has also had only a year remaining of his contract until now, but since joining RB Leipzig he will not anymore be available from the beginning...
  • Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    edited January 14
    Part 11. March to June 2021. Ultimate difficulty.

As previously mentioned, Lingard had rejected a move to Sevilla. Valencia wanted him too and were ready to pay €38,5M for the 28 year old, but once again he rejected a move to Spain. In the end Barcelona came asking, and this time he accepted, even though they only wanted to pay €33,5M for his signature. But then, with my exorbitant amount of money available, I think I will do just fine without the last five million euros. He will leave for them in the summer, and just after the deal was made, he got an injury to keep him out for the rest of the season. What a horrible way to end his spell at United.

In the Champions League Quarter Finals, Atlético Madrid took the lead at Wanda Metropolitano, when a corner from Eriksen found Santi Mina's head after only 7 minutes. Eriksen played at right midfield and seemed a bit out of place, but his set pieces did not suffer. After 60 minutes, Rashford equalised on a rebound from Martial's finish, and after 87 minutes, Atlético defender Lucas Hernández received a straight red card for a free kick against Rashford. A terrible time for the Hernández-brothers, since his little brother Theo got sent off in my 4-2 FA Cup Quarter Final Win against Manchester City at Etihad three weeks before. In injury time Mbappé fell back in midfield and set up Martial with a terrific through pass with a precision reminiscent of Scholes back in the day or with Pogba against Spurs in yesterdays fixture at Wembley.

A 2-1 away win was a great starting point for the home fixture, but since the Champions League was my main priority having won the league and FA Cup double in my two first seasons, I would not take any chances. So for the FA Cup Semi Final against Brighton I played mostly with my subs and reserves to spare my top players for the Atlético fixture three days later. Tyler Roberts gave me the lead with his first Manchester United goal, having been quite anonymous in his first 12 appearances for the club. However, Shane Duffy equalised from a corner, before Florin Andone with a shot from the distance sent the Seagulls to the FA Cup Final only for the second time in their history, having lost the final over two legs to Manchester United in 1983. This time they ended up winning it against Leicester City, so apparently I lost to the best. Congratulations.

At home against Atlético I managed to dominate completely, and Mbappé's first half strike provided the security. In injury time, Pogba and Martial set up Sanches perfectly, and the former Golden Boy sealed the win.

In the Semi Finals I played Dortmund, who really had an interesting squad having reinvested in Ciro Immobile and with a defensive partnership of Romagnoli and their captain, Sergio Ramos. Calabria at right back was another italian addition, with Thomas Partey, Hakim Ziyech and Ivan Perisic as other starters. They even had Jordan Henderson on the bench, so it was a completely different Dortmund-side, than I expected. Sancho did play though. At Old Trafford I lined up with six french players, with Theo Hernández at left back since Shaw had only just returned from a long injury. The french connection did me well with Mbappé scoring a brace in the first half with Tolisso providing the assist on both occations. In the reverse fixture at the Signal Iduna Park Rashford assisted a Martial-header in the first half injury time, before second half goals from Perisic, Mbappé and Ziyech sent me to the final with 4-2 on aggregate.

Before the Final I sealed my third successive league title with 84 points. Chelsea came in second with 74, then Liverpool with 70, Spurs 69 and a trio of Everton, Manchester City and Leicester with 63. Shameful that EA cannot make the best sides get 75-90 points as they would in real life. Mbappé became my most scoring player in the league with 15 goals in 16 games, three short of Sadio Mané's 18 goals from 37 appearances.

In the Champions League Final at the Allianz Arena, I played Barcelona, who had won two 1-0 wins in the Semi Finals against Olympique Lyonnais. I lined up in the best way possible except Ruben Vezo replacing Kimpembe, who had broken one of his toes. Barca lined up with Dembélé, Suárez and Coutinho in attack, keeping the 88 rated Messi on the bench. In midfield, Sergio Busquets captained the side with Arthur and Thiago Alcantara in the "Xavi and Iniesta"-roles.

In the beginning of the game I got an injury scare with captain Pogba landing on his elbow. I didn't know whether to be forced to substitute him, but suddenly he took a shot from the distance to make it 1-0 after 20 minutes. And he did finish the game, so apparently the injury wasn't there. Only five minutes later my left side with Shaw, Martial and Rashford combined well to set up the young number 10 for a shot to the far top corner. 2-0 at the break, and Barca hadn't even tested Donnarumma.

The second half, however, was out of this world, and had it been played in real life, we would be talking about it for years. Just when I thought I was having a safe lead, Arthur scored almost out of nowhere. It didn't take long though, before Mbappé responded. A while later, Arthur doubled his tally, but once again, Mbappé gave me a two goal lead. Towards the end, Arthur secured an incredible hattrick, the first ever in a Champions League Final, and only the fourth in the Finals of the European Cup after Di Stéfano, Puskás and Pierino Prati from way back to the 1960's. Arthur didn't join this famous club alone though, with Mbappé also securing a hattrick towards the end, giving me a 5-3 win.

This was also Mbappé's 24th goal in his 26 appearances for me in all competitions. Really Ballon d'Or material. Martial was my second most scoring player with 17 goals from 50 appearances, allthough - to be fair - a lot of these were only half games, with him and Zaha often replacing each other at halftime or early in the second half of a fixture. Now I have tried to win every club competition I have participated in. I am now eager to see if I can follow up at the European Super Cup against the Europa League winners of Sevilla.
  • gavin2903
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @Steffolovitch when you choose your team when starting a new career there is option to swap teams. On team your on before select them to advance press Y on Xbox and I assume triangle on PS4 then you can move them to a different league