The League SBCs Player Selection Discussion Thread

RayS
27024 posts Player of the Year
edited November 2018
So, I'm trying to do a little research into why the players were selected for each of the released League SBCs so far. Can any of you fans of the leagues give any clues as to why EA picked them for the SBC?

Trying to get a good idea on what to expect for the MLS SBC. In my own research so far, it looks like the selection is kinda random.

edit: reasonings for selection added thanks to community knowledge

Championship
-Curtis Davies (Derby County): 77 -> 84

-Fernando Forestieri (Sheffield Wednesday): 74 -> 83

Pro League
-Teddy Chevalier (Kortrjik): 73 -> 82
--2017/2018 2nd top scorer
--FUT 18 TOTS card

-Ruud Vormer (Club Brugge): 79 -> 84
--2017/2018 POTY
--2017/2018 most assists
--FUT 18 TOTS card

Argentine SAF
-Cristian Pavón (Boca Juniors): 80 -> 85
--next big name (rumored to Prem)

-Mauro Zárate (Boca Juniors): 77 -> 84
--2018 important in Copa Lib

Liga MX
-Julian Quinones (Tigres): 71 -> 82

-Aviles Hurtado (Monterrey): 77 -> 84

CSL
--Oscar (Shanghai): 82 -> 86
--2017(?) most assists

-Augusto (Beijing): 81 -> 86
-2017(?) 2nd most assists

Ligue 1
-Depay (Lyon): 83 -> 86

-Thauvin (Marseille): 84 -> 87

Serie A
-Džeko (Roma): 85 -> 87

-Škriniar (Inter): 85 -> 87

A-League
-Honda (Melbourne): 78 -> 84

-Riera (Western Sydney): 73 -> 82
Post edited by RayS on

Comments

• bjornini
    3784 posts National Call-Up
    Vormer was elected as player of the year 2017 in January and had, iirc, the most assists last season.

Chevalier was second in the topscorer ranking last season.

They both got a TOTS last FIFA.

So not sure how the rewards for the league SBC are decided
  • adoe546
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm really hoping the A-League one will be Honda.
  • WFCBagnall
    71907 posts Moderator
    No clue.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    This is EA, you’re assuming there’s any kind of logic at play?!
  • RayS
    bjornini wrote: »
    Vormer was elected as player of the year 2017 in January and had, iirc, the most assists last season.

Chevalier was second in the topscorer ranking last season.

They both got a TOTS last FIFA.

So not sure how the rewards for the league SBC are decided

Gotcha; thanks for the info @bjornini . Was gonna post in your Pro League Lounge but I couldn’t fine it for FUT 19 GD
  • RayS
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    No clue.

Glad it wasn’t just my lack of googling ability then :D
  • RayS
    adoe546 wrote: »
    I'm really hoping the A-League one will be Honda.

Would be pretty awesome
  • Janoe1
    7673 posts League Winner
    Just random like last year
  • Zzizou_10
    5148 posts Big Money Move
    Also researched a little bit because I want to know.

But Championship and Mexican left me speechless. Belgian league is obvious (most assists and poty), Pavon also had most assists I think. But Zarate again..?
  • RayS
    Zzizou_10 wrote: »
    Also researched a little bit because I want to know.

But Championship and Mexican left me speechless. Belgian league is obvious (most assists and poty), Pavon also had most assists I think. But Zarate again..?

Glad it’s not just me who couldn’t figure it out!
  • Zzizou_10
    btw anyone who knows if it’s always the strongest possible team for each/most of the teams? Regarding the Belgium/Mexican league SBC f.e.
  • bjornini
    btw anyone who knows if it’s always the strongest possible team for each/most of the teams? Regarding the Belgium/Mexican league SBC f.e.

No. You can easily get away with some bronze players. Or f.e. for Club Brugge or Anderlecht, it's enough to only use 1 or 2 gold players, combined with the silver ones
  • Zzizou_10

No. You can easily get away with some bronze players. Or f.e. for Club Brugge or Anderlecht, it's enough to only use 1 or 2 gold players, combined with the silver ones

Okay, thank you. Because if you plan on doing a league SBC twice, it’s interesting to know what players you should buy more than once. So Club Brugge and Anderlecht are easy to do or are some of them price fixed?
  • bjornini

Okay, thank you. Because if you plan on doing a league SBC twice, it’s interesting to know what players you should buy more than once. So Club Brugge and Anderlecht are easy to do or are some of them price fixed?

Must say that all Club Brugge players are quite expensive.
  • RayS

if you are a nut case like me you can go out and buy every single player from the league plus high rated dupes for each team. Have about 650+ MLS players atm :#
  • Moose Factory
    3977 posts National Call-Up
    I just want Fernando Torres to be one of the J League picks, even though his “new challenge” hasn’t been the best move for him. Should’ve went to MLS.
  • RayS
    I just want Fernando Torres to be one of the J League picks, even though his “new challenge” hasn’t been the best move for him. Should’ve went to MLS.

we coulda had a David Villa Fernando Torres MLS pairing!
  • Moose Factory
    3977 posts National Call-Up
    RayS wrote: »

we coulda had a David Villa Fernando Torres MLS pairing!

Exactly!
  • Zzizou_10

if you are a nut case like me you can go out and buy every single player from the league plus high rated dupes for each team. Have about 650+ MLS players atm :#

You can call me nut case too, bought all players from Liga NOS and think I can do the SBC twice now :D if there isn’t one in the near future I’m **** up..
  • RayS
    edited October 2018

You can call me nut case too, bought all players from Liga NOS and think I can do the SBC twice now :D if there isn’t one in the near future I’m **** up..

Hi friend

Ya my transfer watchlist has 49/50 spots filled with dupes I bid on, and my transfer pile has about 20 more dupes that are just taking up space.
  • Zzizou_10
    So are we now more clever with the player picks? :D
  • Jonachasingirls
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Zárate has been important for Boca in the last Copa Libertadores games, and Pavón is the next big name coming up, he might move to the prem after this season.
  • Ryno
    6408 posts Big Money Move

Oscar has the most assists this season and augusto has the second most
  • RayS
    Ryno wrote: »

Oscar has the most assists this season and augusto has the second most

Thx @Ryno ! I’m adding this to the reasoning of my hypothesis!
  • RayS
    Zárate has been important for Boca in the last Copa Libertadores games, and Pavón is the next big name coming up, he might move to the prem after this season.

@Jonachasingirls thanks!! I couldn figure this out with my preliminary googling lol
  • Jonachasingirls
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special

@Jonachasingirls thanks!! I couldn figure this out with my preliminary googling lol

No worries, fam. Glad I could help
  • RayS
    I’ve renamed the title of this thread to allow discussion of the selection for any of the League SBCs so far.

Please let me know if you have an idea of why some of these guys were selected so far.
  • Zzizou_10
    What additional player do we expect for Liga NOS?

Looking at the Eredivisie it should be a Sporting player rated 84-86. thought about Coates or even Dost?
  • Yesser7
    233 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What additional player do we expect for Liga NOS?

Looking at the Eredivisie it should be a Sporting player rated 84-86. thought about Coates or even Dost?

What about Battaglia? Could be very decent with an upgrade and there are not many great Argentinian midfielders. I see EA doing him.
  • Zzizou_10
    We already had 2 midfielders, thought it will be a striker or defender. And Battaglia is injured all season, hasn’t played for months.