AI defending is getting ridiculous now

antonius
719 posts Semi-Pro
How can you make a game that just plays itself.... i can tell in the first 20 minutes if im gunna win or not just by how my AI reacts and how theirs does... and most often their AI is just a god at defending, every skill move, all my pacey players. Nothing can get past their AI on GOD mode ......but the opponents just chilling in the corner controlling his midfielder

As for kick off goals.... i thought that was a thing of FIFA 18

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING ALL YEAR EA!!!!

Comments

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    They have been doing the usual just. Neglecting everything gameplay related and focusing on shiny new items to sell packs.

They know they have no competition so they can just do what they want and will get away with it.
  • antonius
    719 posts Semi-Pro
    They have been doing the usual just. Neglecting everything gameplay related and focusing on shiny new items to sell packs.

They know they have no competition so they can just do what they want and will get away with it.

a Lot of long time customers leaving... But they don't care i guess there's always new players coming in and easy defending makes them like playing
  • crackers07
    1023 posts Professional

Its strange the no competiton. I have played PES and gameplay is so much better but takes forever to get a game. If people gave it a chance they would see.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    crackers07 wrote: »

Its strange the no competiton. I have played PES and gameplay is so much better but takes forever to get a game. If people gave it a chance they would see.

Yes gameplay is alot better but it's lack of features is the issue.

I would love someone to come along and actually challenge EA as I for one would move away from this mess in a heartbeat. My love of football is what's keeping me here and that's not even going to be enough. Quit FIFA 18 in January and can only see me lasting a few more weeks if the gameplay stays as sluggish and unresponsive.
  • antonius
    719 posts Semi-Pro

I would love someone to come along and actually challenge EA as I for one would move away from this mess in a heartbeat. My love of football is what's keeping me here and that's not even going to be enough. Quit FIFA 18 in January and can only see me lasting a few more weeks if the gameplay stays as sluggish and unresponsive.

its all the licensing that means no ones challenging them
  • Dexdan
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    When I get the ball and the person I’m playing against switches to his midfielder turns around and runs away from me back to his own goal and then just stand between the centre back I don’t want to play.

It’s not a case of not being good enough to break him down, if I wanted to play against the AI I would’ve played squad battles but I don’t because it’s fkin boring.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    antonius wrote: »

its all the licensing that means no ones challenging them

Unfortunately that's where EA have the market by the danglers :D
  • crackers07
    1023 posts Professional

Yep its same. For me i love trading more thsn anything.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85

Yep its same. For me i love trading more thsn anything.

I'm spending more time trading than playing the actual game now which is frustrating as all I want to do is play the game but can't.
  • TBE-THE-BEST-EVER
    468 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just played a game where my AI conceded a penalty when I had the ball down the corner flag. Then in another game my AI decided to take a player out without the ball while on a yellow card, and off he went.
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    Basically playing the ai most matches and if the opponent chooses to manually defend they get punished.

This is very dull
  • antonius
    719 posts Semi-Pro
    Aspral wrote: »
    Basically playing the ai most matches and if the opponent chooses to manually defend they get punished.

This is very dull

Exactly that, it takes no skill
  • Tooner9
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    How can you make a game that just plays itself.... i can tell in the first 20 minutes if im gunna win or not just by how my AI reacts and how theirs does... and most often their AI is just a god at defending, every skill move, all my pacey players. Nothing can get past their AI on GOD mode ......but the opponents just chilling in the corner controlling his midfielder

It's the same settings for the person your playing as it is for u tho so are u just saying that ther non real players are better than yours, if they have a better team that will happen but if not then it's an excuse for losing, it can only be 1 of those 2 things
  • antonius
    719 posts Semi-Pro
    Tooner9 wrote: »

It's the same settings for the person your playing as it is for u tho so are u just saying that ther non real players are better than yours, if they have a better team that will happen but if not then it's an excuse for losing, it can only be 1 of those 2 things

often its who can get hold of a player and foul first wins the game with me with kickoff goals
  • BSDShoes
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero

Full manual in PES is sooooooo satisfying.
  • Tooner9
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    BSDShoes wrote: »

Full manual in PES is sooooooo satisfying.

Not played PES but how can it be full manual, if you are controlling a player does everyone else stand still till u change to him?
  • antonius wrote: »

This is very dull

This is very dull