OT - Going to the Football?

AJS-17
758 posts Semi-Pro
edited October 2018
What's your team and how often do you go to watch them?

Have you got a season ticket / for how many years?

Do you go to any away games?

Best game you've ever been to?

What's the next match your going to?
Post edited by AJS-17 on

Comments

• Thamightyboro
    7043 posts Big Money Move
    Boro

Get to the odd game when 4 kids allow me to.

Used to be a season ticket holder

Best game well there's 2 the uefa cup quarter and semi finals v Basel and steau to need 4 goals in consecutive second legs and to pull it off was just amazing.
  • AJS-17
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    Boro

Get to the odd game when 4 kids allow me to.

Used to be a season ticket holder

Best game well there's 2 the uefa cup quarter and semi finals v Basel and steau to need 4 goals in consecutive second legs and to pull it off was just amazing.

Quality, European nights are something special
  • PintOfMagennis
    3995 posts National Call-Up
    Kilmarnock, watch when I can due to work commitments so any midweek games and the odd weekend

Used to have a season ticket but stopped due to work

Best game would be 2012 league cup final where we beat Celtic who were on a mid 20s unbeaten run !
  • FinneganFach
    2103 posts Fans' Favourite
    Been a Leicester season ticket holder most my adult life. 15/16 was great and all but its mostly been watching guff like Alan Maybury and Lillian Nalis hoof the ball about against Barnsley and Rotherham.
  • AJS-17
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    I got a season ticket at united, try and go to as many away games as I can get tickets for. Managed to get tickets for Huddersfield, Arsenal, Everton, Newcastle and City last year. Lost to Huddersfield and Newcastle, very poor games but Arsenal away was a great day, with Jesse and Young Milly Rockin, got a video of Jesse and Pogba dancing at Everton away, put it on insta and Lingard actually liked it haha

But the best away game I've ever been to was City last year, 2 nil down at half time I thought it was gonna be 5 or 6. Was right at the front, so close to all the City fans, they were throwing blue smoke flares, inflatable bananas and everything when they were winning two nil, singing 'we won the league on derby day' etc etc. Coming back to win 3-2 was great, one of the only things we had to cheer about last season, they kept us in the ground for a good 45 mins after and it was fantastic.

Got home that night to watch Match of the day and I was on it, jumping around in the away end after Smallings winner. Great times
  • AFC_95
    8715 posts League Winner
    Arsenal. Used to go a fair amount of its way too expensive to go more often
  • Badwolf34
    197 posts Sunday League Hero
    Galatasaray. Had season ticket. Brilliant athmosphere
  • TW1103
    551 posts An Exciting Prospect
    West Ham, current STH in Sir Trevor Brooking upper.
    I go to all home games, including cups and go to any away games I cam get a ticket for.
    Next game is v Spurs on Saturday.

Best game I've seen myself either has to be when we beat Palace 3-0 a couple of years ago. It was the first game after Payet left us, so everyone was fired up, and then Amdy Carroll scored that bicycle kick!
    The other contender is when we beat Liverpool in the FA Cup in our last season at Upton Park. It was a replay, Ogbonna scored the winner in the last minute of extra time and I got home at about 2am. Brilliant.
  • AJS-17
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    TW1103 wrote: »
    I go to all home games, including cups and go to any away games I cam get a ticket for.

Best game I've seen myself either has to be when we beat Palace 3-0 a couple of years ago. It was the first game after Payet left us, so everyone was fired up, and then Amdy Carroll scored that bicycle kick!
    The other contender is when we beat Liverpool in the FA Cup in our last season at Upton Park. It was a replay, Ogbonna scored the winner in the last minute of extra time and I got home at about 2am. Brilliant.

Hahah! Did you prefer it at upton park or do you like London stadium?
  • Danic123
    2190 posts Fans' Favourite
    Liverpool. Haven’t been to Anfield since 2005. Watched them a few times away when I was living in London, but back up North now and haven’t bothered. In a pub with a beer is more my style.
  • sheffutd87
    2625 posts Fans' Favourite
    Season ticket at Sheff Utd here. Make a lot of away trips as well.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Arsenal, I go maybe once or twice a season. Its just ridiculously expensive. I miss Highbury
  • CharlieC
    4774 posts National Call-Up
    Blackburn - would love to have season ticket again but live down south, because its grim up north, and only now get to half a dozen matches a year.
  • KD240792
    957 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    Heart of Midlothian season ticket holder.

Best game ive been to, Scottish cup final 2012 when we beat Hibs 5-1.

Next game I'm going to is the League cup Semi final against Celtic in 2 weeks time.

An Edinburgh derby at Tynecastle or Easter Road is special. The atmosphere is electric and it means so much to the fans to take away a win home or away. Both sets are so bitter when losing. There's times I've not spoken to anyone for a day or two when the hibs manage a win against us.

We may not be the best team in the world, or even the league, but a club you love that much means a whole lot more.
  • CharlieC
    4774 posts National Call-Up
    KD240792 wrote: »

Next game I'm going to is the League cup Semi final against Celtic in 2 weeks time.

An Edinburgh derby at Tynecastle or Easter Road is special. The atmosphere is electric and it means so much to the fans to take away a win home or away. Both sets are so bitter when losing. There's times I've not spoken to anyone for a day or two when the hibs manage a win against us.

We may not be the best teams in the world, or even the league, but a club you love that much means a whole lot more.

Yep. I'd rather support a non-league team than live in Surrey and support Man U!
  • KD240792
    957 posts Professional
    CharlieC wrote: »

We may not be the best teams in the world, or even the league, but a club you love that much means a whole lot more.

Yep. I'd rather support a non-league team than live in Surrey and support Man U!

Absolutely spot on mate!
  • AJS-17
    758 posts Semi-Pro

Absolutely spot on mate!

What’s wrong with supporting United?
  • HelloDearie
    2040 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bolton

Used to be a season ticket holder, but marriage and kids changed that :D now mainly go to away games.

Best game? Theres 2. The 2-2 draw away at Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup. Amazing experience. And the League Cup Semi Final against Villa which we won 5-2 at home. Worth the game just to see Jay Jay's second FK. Trust me, go on youtube and watch it. Stunning Free Kick.
  • KD240792
    957 posts Professional
    AJS-17 wrote: »

Absolutely spot on mate!

Nothing, i like United, they were actually the first football team I ever watched. What he's trying to say is he would rather support his local team than living 3 or 4 hundred miles away from the team they support, and i agree.

It's a shame how many teams could have packed stadiums and you see on tv that they fill half a stand.

I don't not agree with people supporting teams out with their local area, i just agree more that people should support their local.
  • HelloDearie
    2040 posts Fans' Favourite
    Blackburn - would love to have season ticket again but live down south, because its grim up north, and only now get to half a dozen matches a year.

As I now live in Blackburn, I can agree with the grim assessment ;) although Bolton is hardly a paradise :D
  • Ryanomates
    1945 posts Fans' Favourite
    Had a season ticket on and off for Norwich. The highlight was either watching Norwich beat Spurs at Whitehart Lane or the play off finals (unbelievable atmosphere and day). Not for the Boro fans I imagine, but all the Boro fans I spoke to seemed decent!
  • AJS-17
    758 posts Semi-Pro

Absolutely spot on mate!

Nothing, i like United, they were actually the first football team I ever watched. What he's trying to say is he would rather support his local team than living 3 or 4 hundred miles away from the team they support, and i agree.

It's a shame how many teams could have packed stadiums and you see on tv that they fill half a stand.

I don't not agree with people supporting teams out with their local area, i just agree more that people should support their local.

Yeah I can agree with that, and I think it’s frustrating for example an United i was on the waiting list for a season ticket for 2 years, yet they keep (I’m guessing) about 25,000 seats for casual fans and tourists which kills the atmosphere in some parts of the stadium.

I also go to a non league team in my town that plays quite close to where I live and that’s great but completely different to Old Trafford, £6 a ticket, nice club house, have a few pints while watching the game, pie and chips at a reasonable price. Completely different to United. So expensive it’s hard for working class fans to go every week.

I’m going to Chelsea away on Saturday, away games in the Prem are capped at £30 a ticket, could they not bring in a similar thing for home games too? I spend close to £1000 on my season ticket not including champions league and cup games
  • KD240792
    957 posts Professional

Absolutely spot on mate!

Yeah I can agree with that, and I think it’s frustrating for example an United i was on the waiting list for a season ticket for 2 years, yet they keep (I’m guessing) about 25,000 seats for casual fans and tourists which kills the atmosphere in some parts of the stadium.

I also go to a non league team in my town that plays quite close to where I live and that’s great but completely different to Old Trafford, £6 a ticket, nice club house, have a few pints while watching the game, pie and chips at a reasonable price. Completely different to United. So expensive it’s hard for working class fans to go every week.

I’m going to Chelsea away on Saturday, away games in the Prem are capped at £30 a ticket, could they not bring in a similar thing for home games too? I spend close to £1000 on my season ticket not including champions league and cup games

Yeah, I mean you guys have got it a little good up there for away games. I paid £35 for Motherwell away this year, which I think is shocking when you can get a ticket for the EPL at roughly the same price for a standard of football much much higher (im not blind to footballing standards).

However, my mate tried to go to an arsenal game last season and paid £90 for a ticket to the Emirates, which I think is outrageous. Home games do a lot of people who love their team in the EPL out of going to games.

Countries like Germany have it spot on, i think tickets for a Bayern game is something like 30 euros, and they wonder how the Bundesliga fills their stadiums no matter how small the team or fanbase.
  • KD240792
    957 posts Professional

Absolutely spot on mate!

Yeah, I mean you guys have got it a little good up there for away games. I paid £35 for Motherwell away this year, which I think is shocking when you can get a ticket for the EPL at roughly the same price for a standard of football much much higher (im not blind to footballing standards).

However, my mate tried to go to an arsenal game last season and paid £90 for a ticket to the Emirates, which I think is outrageous. Home games do a lot of people who love their team in the EPL out of going to games.

Countries like Germany have it spot on, i think tickets for a Bayern game is something like 30 euros, and they wonder how the Bundesliga fills their stadiums no matter how small the team or fanbase.

Or i should say, down there 😂 it's been a long day.
  • TW1103
    551 posts An Exciting Prospect
    TW1103 wrote: »

Hahah! Did you prefer it at upton park or do you like London stadium?

See, my situation with the stadiums is a bit strange. I always loved Upton Park and still do, but I'm 24 so I'm in that weird age where now I've been to the London Stadium more than Upton Park already.
    I love them both equally
  • iWilshere_19
    2005 posts Fans' Favourite
    Season ticket at Cardiff for 8 years