Full back 50
First touch error 95

Slow gameplay
8 or 10 minute halves
Classic camera custom
Height 0
Zoom 0
Legendary, or Ultimate

This is a much better, realistic game than the default.

Post edited by Trux on

Comments

• Interested in checking this out.

In summary how does it affect gameplay?
    What are the noticeable effects?
  • Trux
    78 posts Park Captain
    edited October 16
    Gets rid of ping pong passing and is a nicer more realistic pace.
    Playing 10 min halves also gives time to think more about the tactical side of the game.

Defenders on Fifa are pretty shocking when controlled by cpu (especially on your own team) so 100% marking is a must. They can still get pulled out of position of course, especially if they have poor attributes or poor tactical instructions but 100% helps with the crazy wide gaps that leads to end to end arcade style football. The run frequency setting also makes a big difference here.

The line settings also help the pace and flow of the game.
    95% first touch also creates much more realism without crazy unrealistic things happening.

One important aspect is the camera angle. I appreciate some won't like it but it is worth sticking with for at least 3 or 4 games if you want more realism.
    Players can still make the long through balls over the top or across field but this view looks great and puts you in with the action without being too close.

Try it on 10 minute halves with classic 0/0 camera and let me know what you think.

• DanielA-NUFC
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    This seems awesome dude, I’ll tey it tonight and give you my verdict
  • DanielA-NUFC
    Can I ask Is this on assisted settings? As I use manual
  • Trux
    78 posts Park Captain
    I use manual shooting, crosses and lobbed balls. Through balls on assisted and semi passing.

Semi or manual passing is a must in order to help with the pace of the game. It’s far more rewarding when you score and you really have to pick your passes which helps the pace immensely.
    10 min halves would be too high scoring I think with assisted.

I’m not good enough to go full manual on legendary. Although I’ve been testing with World Class and full manual today and am getting realistic results, apart from one game I put 6 past Bournemouth playing as Man Utd.
    My advice for anyone reading this thread that wants a slower paced more realistic game that’s using assisted is to drop the difficulty one level and try semi or manual passing. It plays so much better once you get more used to it.

• DanielA-NUFC
    Awesome cheers, I use everything manual except crossing which is semi, I’m getting decent realistic results atm anyway but I’m going to try this tonight and see how I get on. That’s not unrealistic as on their day that could happen.

I’ll let you know once I’ve tried this, thanks for a new look on things.
  • Glad to hear you guys are finding a balance that your are enjoying and getting a good challenge from, the majority of threads are people whinging it is too easy but not willing to experiment to find a good balance.
    I just finished my first season in League 2, full manual on ultimate? and finished 7th and it was bloody hard.
    Will try your sliders as I have always thought fifa was breakneck speed fast but was never sure what to do with sliders.
  • DanielA-NUFC
    frankibo wrote: »
    Glad to hear you guys are finding a balance that your are enjoying and getting a good challenge from, the majority of threads are people whinging it is too easy but not willing to experiment to find a good balance.
    I just finished my first season in League 2, full manual on ultimate? and finished 7th and it was bloody hard.
    Will try your sliders as I have always thought fifa was breakneck speed fast but was never sure what to do with sliders.

I’ve tried it mate it’s good
  • Only played one half but it already feels like the best half I've played.

Am I right in thinking that run frequency - 5 is meant to be 50?
  • Just re read your explanation and it seems the 5 is deliberate
  • Trux
    78 posts Park Captain
    Yeah 5 is correct, players still make runs and still follow tactical instructions but it helps reduce the end to end madness.

Glad you’re liking them.
  • Seems to have made the game harder, which it is good because it is too easy at times, so far.

Only played 3 games but liking the sliders so far.