The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

The biggest test to EA's resolve is yet to come.

DefyTheOdds001
233 posts Sunday League Hero
So this year EA has done what it could to counter the effect of whatever caused the market to be flooded with coins (the hows and whys aren't that important and have been discussed thousands of times).

In my opinion though the biggest test for EA to prove how committed they are to their policy is still to come. If we get a week into Fifa 16 and we have someone with an impossible amount of match coins, what are they going to do?

If they stick to their guns and everyone has to start from scratch what happens when someone pulls a legend on the first day and cant sell them? how long will people have to wait (assuming their are no unnatural coins in the market) until someone has built up enough coins to afford them (obviously depending on price ranges if they are still around). Is this going to put people off spending money on packs at the start?

2 options I have thought of are:

1. EA change their quick sell policy and allow cards to sell for 70% of their minimum range price, To stop extinction be transparent and tell the community any cards discarded this way will automatically relisted at normal range price (starting price min, BIN price Max).

2.This one would be a big decision not to mention very risky but I think it might be possible to work. EA actually sell the coins themselves. If they price it right and stick to punishing people for buying elsewhere they could destroy nearly all the things they don't want while getting all the profit themselves.

This would obviously affect the cost of packs and possibly be the end of FP but I think if done right they would be on to a winner. Just think someone packs Pele on the 2nd day of fifa 16 and lists him for max there is bound to be people all buying coins direct from EA to be the first person to buy him.

So this turned into a bit of an essay but was something I was wondering about and interested to see what other people thought about it?

Comments

• Ryno
    6489 posts Big Money Move
    They technically already sell coins in the form of discards
  • angelfoxrage
    570 posts Sunday League Hero

1. EA change their quick sell policy and allow cards to sell for 70% of their minimum range price, To stop extinction be transparent and tell the community any cards discarded this way will automatically relisted at normal range price (starting price min, BIN price Max).

What about for your 52 pace, 77 rated non rare? Does he suddenly just become worth 15 coins now?
  • Ryno
    6489 posts Big Money Move

What about for your 52 pace, 77 rated non rare? Does he suddenly just become worth 15 coins now?

Would allow for 2k informs again, which would be pretty cool
  • DefyTheOdds001
    233 posts Sunday League Hero

yeah good point I know what I was trying to get at with this point just didn't put it across very well, maybe set it for cards valued at over 10k min or something I'm not sure it was just a way to help people get rid of cards that don't sell easier.