Over 40

Zemarian0
3 posts Ball Boy
edited November 2018
Are you an over 40? Let's play together - only for oldies...

Leave your platform and nick, let's have a match!
Post edited by Zemarian0 on

Comments

• dengah109
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You any good!? I've not long turned 40. Only played online since Fifa 17 (didnt bother with 18), playing seasons on Fifa 19 and for first time ever have starting playing FUT.
  • I'm way over 40 too
  • dengah109
    Mcfly4747 wrote: »
    I'm way over 40 too

Whats way over 40!? I'd love to know the age of the oldest person to be playing Fifa is. Sometimes I think when I am in my 50's or 60's will i still be doing this? Will I be able too!?! My reactions are slow enough now, imagine another 10-20 years!!
  • I'm 55, can I join please?
  • dengah109
    I'm 55, can I join please?

55 nice going, glad it isnt just young 'uns playing Fifa :) Whats your go to mode? Seasons? Career? FUT? you any good!?
  • I like the FUT side of things, this is my first FIFA since 2005 so, no I am useless ;) Just play for a bit of fun when I can get away from work.

Although played a divisions match this afternoon & turned a 0-2 half time into 2-2 by full time ;)

The wife told me to calm down before I went into cardiac!
  • Im 47. Maybe get an online league and cup going??
  • Hi, I'm 47.
    My wife tells me that I'm a child for playing FIFA.
    Usually division 2 standard.
    Play my 14 year old son...if he wins he gets sent to his room...is in his room a lot.
  • dengah109
    Hi, I'm 47.
    My wife tells me that I'm a child for playing FIFA.
    Usually division 2 standard.
    Play my 14 year old son...if he wins he gets sent to his room...is in his room a lot.

lol my wife hasnt said a word so far, I usually play when she goes to bed around 10ish. The fact she hasnt said anything yet is probably not a good thing.... I am expecting a nag about it very soon!!

My son is 8 and not into Fifa, though he has played a few games with me when we have played together against the AI. If we do compete in one of his games (like Minecraft) he normally beats me comfortably. Very depressing!

Im division 6 in FUT, dont think I will get any further than that. In Division 5 in seasons but havent played it for 2-3 weeks since Ive been getting into FUT.
  • dengah109
    I like the FUT side of things, this is my first FIFA since 2005 so, no I am useless ;) Just play for a bit of fun when I can get away from work.

Although played a divisions match this afternoon & turned a 0-2 half time into 2-2 by full time ;)

The wife told me to calm down before I went into cardiac!

:smile: sad how satisfying that is, they will never understand :) the other day i was 2-0 after 85 mins and managed a 2-2 draw. Could have screamed the house down lol
  • If we can get 8 old badgers we can run a league. Out results and stuff in this thread??
  • Rosinbag1
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I’d be up for that but not even sure how it all would work. My timing to play is very random based on schedule and time zone issues as well. Plus I stink so far but up for it if possible. 54 by the way
  • Add 1 more person to this Old-Fart division here.

I'm up for anything, but like the poster above and probably many others, I play at random....at best.
    If anything, I'd be glad to add anyone here to friends list (PS4) and at least I'll know that when I play against any one of you and lose, I can safely curse you out w/o fear of insulting some 10 year old kid.
    :)

• Rosinbag1
    For those who have posted on this thread, wanted to gather ideas on how best to create an over 40 group to play, share game tips, share fun banter about the game etc. assuming most are on PS4 my thoughts create a PS4 community, discord or Facebook group might work. I suppose just continue using the thread here on the forum but wanted folks input on what would work best. Thanks
  • Bakern
    47 posts Park Captain
    Well, i'm 59 and just wanna say hi, good to see other well grown up's. ;)

I'm not playing season or fut, just Pro Clubs. Two young friends (30++) and me are going to start our own ProClub again, we have been played together for several years.

Our playing time, from 19:00 (18:00 uk time) and a couple of hours, 3-4 nite's pr. week. Where we are located, two Scandinavians and one Scotland based guy.

If interested and if you wanna play ProClub's with some great guys, just send me a note, pm or contact me on psn: Bakern59

• Omar.aljanaby
    659 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Wow guys! I never thought there is older guys than me lol! I thought I'm really old and about to quit the game lol. I guess I will stay around and see if you guys will continue playing it lol!
  • dengah109
    Bakern wrote: »

I'm not playing season or fut, just Pro Clubs. Two young friends (30++) and me are going to start our own ProClub again, we have been played together for several years.

Our playing time, from 19:00 (18:00 uk time) and a couple of hours, 3-4 nite's pr. week. Where we are located, two Scandinavians and one Scotland based guy.

If interested and if you wanna play ProClub's with some great guys, just send me a note, pm or contact me on psn: Bakern59

Never played pro-clubs - what exactly is the mode?
  • dengah109
    Wow guys! I never thought there is older guys than me lol! I thought I'm really old and about to quit the game lol. I guess I will stay around and see if you guys will continue playing it lol!

How old Omar? im starting to feel young at 40!
  • Bakern
    47 posts Park Captain

dengah109 wrote: »
    Bakern wrote: »

Never played pro-clubs - what exactly is the mode?

Pro clubs is an online mode in FIFA 19 that allows you to create a Virtual Pro player and play your position on the pitch with teammates in a true representation of online football. Your Virtual Pro will grow in attributes based on your match rating and also earn skill points to spend on traits with the more matches you play. Play drop in matches, or join/create a club and fight for points with your club. Climb your way from Division 10 all the way to the heights of Football - Division 1.
  • Omar.aljanaby
    659 posts An Exciting Prospect
    dengah109 wrote: »

How old Omar? im starting to feel young at 40!

32!
  • Disciple_2018
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Well if you think about it, console games we’re around from 1972 so it’s not that strange that we have 50+ year old gamers.
  • Guybrush
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Zemarian0 wrote: »
    only for oldies...

Ageism!
  • How have you been doing in the WL.?

Find it tough to complete the 30 matches with having a family...Son hogs the PS4 and my wife feels I should be doing chores rather then FIFA.
  • dengah109
    How have you been doing in the WL.?

Find it tough to complete the 30 matches with having a family...Son hogs the PS4 and my wife feels I should be doing chores rather then FIFA.

Never given WL a bash, same reason as due to family commitments I'd struggle. Could only play as many games as I could late at night. I had decided a couple of weeks ago to give it a bash this weekend but until EA sort the server issues out no chance :( barely playing rivals atm as its awful currently. I tried it again last night, 1st game was okish, the 2nd game was just awful. Such a shame as despite a lot of complaints I like this Fifa but unless the servers are sorted soon its game over for me. Fifa is pretty much the only game I make sure I find time to play as am not a big gamer.
  • I know what you mean.

I can usually only play at night once the family are in bed, so feeling tired anyway.

The game play feels so slow and clunky.

I like a lot about Fifa 19 but the servers...when will they invest in them?
  • Zemarian0
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2018
    I didn't check the forum in weeks and I am so pleased that we share the same love and ..issues!

I think it is time to organise the

GO4L! - Gone Over 40 League!
    Post edited by Zemarian0 on
  • On Origin I am Zemarian0

What about you guy?
  • Rosinbag1
    Zemarian0 wrote: »
    I didn't check the forum in weeks and I am so pleased that we share the same love and ..issues!

I think it is time to organise the

GO4L! - Gone Over 40 League!

Love the name! Good choice
  • Rosinbag1
    Rosinbag1 PSN
  • Carl_456464 PSN
    Trafford United