EA nerfed gold upgrade packs

Andyw19_88
469 posts Sunday League Hero
Was getting really good pulls for ages but used all untradable on hazard SBC and now it's like 30 without a board. Opened about 100 and had no notable cards. EA should not be changing the pack weight when it's clear they do

Comments

• ha032742
    34900 posts Moderator
    Except you are unable to prove it. This is like those who go on a hot run of bets then end up losing it all.
  • Andyw19_88
    Happened last year tbf just stopped getting anything in them.the packs being just luck is rubbish its structured.hence why Antonio Valencia is 82 yet so much harder to pull than David villa so there's clearly something going on
  • ha032742
    34900 posts Moderator
    Andyw19_88 wrote: »
    Happened last year tbf just stopped getting anything in them.the packs being just luck is rubbish its structured.hence why Antonio Valencia is 82 yet so much harder to pull than David villa so there's clearly something going on

Again it’s all supposition but not arguing with you.
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move

Well just because 2 players have the same overall doesn't mean they have the same card weighting.
  • Andyw19_88
    They should or the pack probabilities arent correct it should say some 82+ players (percentage)
  • Chavez76
    2495 posts Fans' Favourite
    very clear that that is not the case..
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    Dasco wrote: »

Well just because 2 players have the same overall doesn't mean they have the same card weighting.

That doesn't make sense when you consider the way ea has posted odds.
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move
    hayhor1 wrote: »

It does if you break it down.

Take the OTW promo as an example. It was 1.2% during mega packs to hit an OTW. It's not as simple as hitting the 1.2% then, and then having each OTW on the same weighting (1/23, roughly 4%).

There's absolutely zero chance there was a Ronaldo packed every 98-99 mega packs, the percentages will be weighted towards the lower end players like Richarlyson, Dembele and so forth. ( I had no idea OTW's were that crazy rare too)
  • Andyw19_88
    Love too see the odds on pulling a icon they've got to be 0.001%
  • rick72
    247 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was having bad luck with them, then today i packed Courtois so i cant complain
  • munchie63
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite
    getting an 82 should in reality be the same odds, doesnt matter if its the most popular 82 or a discard one. 82 is 82

otherwise the % they have displayed for the watchdogs to see are a sham, and they should be brought to book.

Or, list the odds for each player. Which, given they know how many of each card are in the game, v other 82s (etc) and packs bought etc is easy enough for them to do.

simple case of using formulas and programmes to calculate odds
  • Lambo91
    1723 posts Play-Off Hero
    I already made a thread about this then I got IF 86 Laca lol
  • hayhor1

Take the OTW promo as an example. It was 1.2% during mega packs to hit an OTW. It's not as simple as hitting the 1.2% then, and then having each OTW on the same weighting (1/23, roughly 4%).

There's absolutely zero chance there was a Ronaldo packed every 98-99 mega packs, the percentages will be weighted towards the lower end players like Richarlyson, Dembele and so forth. ( I had no idea OTW's were that crazy rare too)

That's not the same thing or what we were talking about tho. We were talking about two players with the exact same rating. Ea posts you have a x.x percentage of a player above xx rating. Obviously the higher the rating the less the percentage becomes. It makes absolutely zero sense to have two non inform cards with the same rating have different weights.
  • Jason1986
    6918 posts Big Money Move

That's not the same thing or what we were talking about tho. We were talking about two players with the exact same rating. Ea posts you have a x.x percentage of a player above xx rating. Obviously the higher the rating the less the percentage becomes. It makes absolutely zero sense to have two non inform cards with the same rating have different weights.
    I completely agree with your sentiment. But EA saying that you have an X% chance of an 82+ rated player doesn’t have to cover every 82 rated player.
  • Chavez76
    2495 posts Fans' Favourite
    basicly, they state 'AN 82 player', and not that it is x% on EVERY 82 player.
    Pretty sure that the chances are a lot lower that you get ( for example) an 85 Fekir then an 85 icon :)

And yes, I also think there is some kind of difference between an 83 player and Jesus for instance
  • hayhor1
    edited October 2018
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    Pretty sure that the chances are a lot lower that you get ( for example) an 85 Fekir then an 85 icon :)

And yes, I also think there is some kind of difference between an 83 player and Jesus for instance

Again not comparing the same type of card to make a point. An icon card is not the same as a gold card. But two gold cards rated the same should be the same.

You guys seem to think that if the lottery has 60 numbers certain ones should have less chances to get pulled. It doesn't make any sense.
  • SkylinePS
    579 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think chavez explained it best
  • Dazzler
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Chavez76 wrote: »

Getting Jesus would involve some sort of miracle surely???
  • Yermawfc
    2051 posts Fans' Favourite
    I packed Sergio Ramos on Friday