1400 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    yFrsOVu.png
    KXzJEcY.png
    YCc4TbG.png
    Post edited by WestardLord on
  • Stlducks
    1401 posts Professional
    Top of the league and unbeaten, can't ask for a better start.

Henry using his MLS knowledge to continue bringing in players. Very good sign for the MLS if these players can produce.

Made a profit in the window, brought in talented replacements and sent players on loan for experience. Great window all around!
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    The team has started perfectly but I would still expect PSG to close that gap as it is very early. The business the team has done is fantastic and the squad looks a lot stronger then when Henry took over
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Things couldn't have started any better. The signing of Josef Martínez may be the surprise of the season in Ligue 1.

Surprised to see Keita Baldé leaving, but I hope Henry knows what is doing... and I think he does, considering the brilliant start of the season.
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    ABQNcOG.png
  • Stlducks
    1401 posts Professional
    The squad rules are difficult to manage but do make the career much more fun if used. Bummer that it comes at the end and a sale must happen quickly.
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    ZM9a9nN.png
    KXzJEcY.png
    Ym9lhle.png
  • subpop
    Shocking news!!

As @Stlducks said, these rules are something I always try to accomplish in order to make it more realistic. I try to know how many professional liscences you can have, the amount of foreign players, limits on salaries... it makes it more fun.

I also try to avoid the signing of super-kids... we all know they're a cheap way to buy a star, but it is not realisitic that certain clubs sign a wonder kid from a giant club. Things like that.

So, congratulations once more to make the story very realistic. :)
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    rlxeuqF.png
    NiAsONi.png
  • Danimal5981
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    In terms of results and transfers Thierry Henry has not yet put a foot wrong. But 19 players have left (for good or temporarily) and only 4 have come in return: you must be really betting on either an injury free season, or very effective academy scouts.
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    edited January 12
    0Ww34S6.png
    eUR8pTu.png
    8RszCR2.png
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    edited January 2
    eRMh7JZ.png
    y836z5C.png
    0ylySrS.png
    fi5cu4i.png
    bEp6LEy.png
    fhzCSCQ.png
    x9BFbr1.png
    Viviqtw.png
  • subpop
    Not a bad group for Monaco. With Bayern as favourites, I think Monaco can compete with Porto while Genk is the Cinderella of this group.

The graphics always amaze me. Great job.
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    edited February 7
    olSCpgu.png
    mwGeF5o.png
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    iY948L3.png
    Hk1ygHv.png
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    edited January 12
    WVU6Ltu.png
  • Danimal5981
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    Still flawless, very promising start!
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    Still flawless, very promising start!
    subpop wrote: »
    Not a bad group for Monaco. With Bayern as favourites, I think Monaco can compete with Porto while Genk is the Cinderella of this group.

The graphics always amaze me. Great job.
    Thanks!

Yea, if the form continues and younger players like Geubbels and Sylla continue to progress then we can have a fighting chance against Bayern.
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    edited January 5
    myKSpDv.png
    x9BFbr1.png
    ofPhpGp.png
  • subpop
    Another fantastic result. After the red card, everything seemed to be solved, but it wasn't that easy. What I like the most is the patience Henry's teams have to build gameplay even in the most tense situations, which was what gave Monaco the victory. Fantastic.
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    edited January 12
    ngHDmzU.png
    FFkc7p3.png
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    edited January 12
    tdAZF1j.png
    QJEBKEv.png
    QJld0Aj.png
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    7PZFDpZ.png
    UV8y4Gn.png
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    edited January 5
    mt4tLVF.png
    3qwHwCm.png
    x9BFbr1.png
    0ACiiIS.png
  • subpop
    I always find funny when the press refers to a youngster as the next X. For whatever reason, I tend to think that the next X will end up being a flop. Usually the comparison is unfair, as a young player can be good enough... but if you compare him to a legend, it is very likely that he won't ever meet the expectations raised on him.

The funny thing is that I don't remember Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe or whoever is big as the next anyone, but themselves since day 1.

Obviously not saying this about Geubbels in particular, but you have to be huge to be Henry. Perhaps he can be even bigger... it is yet to see.
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    subpop wrote: »
    I always find funny when the press refers to a youngster as the next X. For whatever reason, I tend to think that the next X will end up being a flop. Usually the comparison is unfair, as a young player can be good enough... but if you compare him to a legend, it is very likely that he won't ever meet the expectations raised on him.

The funny thing is that I don't remember Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe or whoever is big as the next anyone, but themselves since day 1.

Obviously not saying this about Geubbels in particular, but you have to be huge to be Henry. Perhaps he can be even bigger... it is yet to see.
    That's true, and I think the article above is sort of a commentary on that, a bit. Young players get a lot of pressure, whether it's appropriate or not and I guess that's what I was trying to capture.
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    edited February 7
    807LHYF.png
    TUsQK9t.png
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    edited January 12
    bSG6SVH.png
    KFqh2e3.png

8bZkSzc.png