edited January 12
    I7IO2pe.png
    5YD9hTR.png
    x9BFbr1.png
    yyVzikI.png
    Post edited by WestardLord on
  • Danimal5981
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    Game on! We're getting a real contest in L1. France is popular this year with both @subpop and you active there.
  • subpop
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    Definitely if someone had to win, that was Monaco, who enjoyed the best chances, although this time didn't show the usual efficiency. Lille didn't show up much in attack, but when they did, they were dangerous. Considering the circumstances, not a bad result.
  • WestardLord
    996 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 12
    0TMdxeK.png
    Pdhwk3L.png
  • WestardLord
    996 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 12
    gwgHErC.png
    wE57yRn.png
  • Danimal5981
    That looks like it was an exciting game, where Paris was slightly better.

However, I am very jealous of your stat of 3 goals from 3 targeted shots. Higher shot accuracy is still something I need to work on with my Ajax-team.
  • subpop
    A golden draw. The team showed personality at the Parc des Princes... 3-1 down and insisted in the idea to win a point. Everything is tight on top, but Monaco are doing really well so far.
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero
    What a comeback from the team to come from behind and claim a point against one of your title rivals. PSG must definitely see it as two points dropped which could be crucial later in the season
  • LxOvzUx.png
    2PfenNT.png
    x9BFbr1.png
    sIHw6Xv.png
    paeqFLf.png
    7y448iw.png
  • WestardLord
    996 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 7
    RsTQJPR.png
    fngblBJ.png
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero
    Things are really tight in the early stages of the season I'd be more concerned with PSG going level on points rather then Montpellier who I don't think will be in the race at the end
  • subpop
    It was a weird game. In the first half an hour, Monaco enjoyed a couple of great chances to take the lead, but this time the team was too baroque, especially in that second chance. Then OM grew, thanks to defensive mistakes of Monaco and I guess that Okariz also had something to do in it... ;) at the end, they took the lead.

Thankfully, Guebbels, the new Henry could tie the game... although the stats show it wasn't a game of many clear chances.

I guess the result is fair. Early stages of the season and everything is very tight on top.
  • Danimal5981
    Did not notice until now, but it's nice to see Auxerre back in Ligue 1. They were a remarkable club: very small, almost fully dependent on their academy. Became champions once in the time Ajax was big in the Champions League (90s).
  • miPbp1p.png
    LGzzQog.png
  • WestardLord
    996 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 13
    xqWWEiS.png
  • N7olzGT.png
    meg2GiP.png
    paeqFLf.png
    7y448iw.png
  • subpop
    No time to panic... the draws against PSG and OM can hardly be seen as a failure. The team lead the league table and has already faced direct rivals. I think there are good reasons to feel positive about the future of the team.
  • WestardLord
    996 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 13
    9akzAHG.png
  • WestardLord
    996 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 13
    tMkw2E9.png
    7dstleL.png
  • WestardLord
    996 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 13
    tdAZF1j.png
    G2Emq6c.png
    WUN80rt.png
  • o1s0CU6.png
    qWBgV0T.png
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    No shame in losing at Bayern though the form is a little worrisome now with a run of draws then a defeat. PSG are really struggling and it would be nice to see Monaco build a big gap between the two
  • subpop
    Definitely Coman made the difference. As @Stlducks said, losing at the Allianz Arena is something that can actually happen, as Bayern is a super-team. Still the team created chances, although I believe that the team sometimes is too baroque in front of the goal, something that usually works fine, but this time didn't.
  • 0Oxdjar.png
    paeqFLf.png
    12rjEez.png
  • Danimal5981
    If that won't be five wins I would be very disappointed if was Thierry Henry, which I'm not, so I'd be slightly more entertained if it did become less than five :wink:
  • WestardLord
    996 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 7
    SEB77dN.png
    GuEitKM.png
  • WestardLord
    996 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 14
    fTzJuHZ.png
    lD8YhKx.png
  • WestardLord
    996 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 14
    zn9m7tO.png
  • subpop
    Dominant performance of Monaco. Despite the result was open to surprises until the last minutes, the result never was in danger.

Okariz's doing a great job at OM. :D

Surprised to see PSG struggling at this point.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    7 goals in 9 matches for Martinez is just as impressive as the teams start this year. You can count on Okariz slipping up at OM and taking them out of the title race (@subpop 😀) but I still think PSG will be near the top towards the end.