Thierry Henry's AS Monaco | Match Day 31 vs. Lille

Comments

• Wyojasond
    9074 posts League Winner
    Woooo! What a comeback in the CL. That draw just might be what the team needs to kick on and challenge again for a late title run.
  • subpop
    3040 posts National Call-Up
    Brilliant comeback at San Siro, what a resurrection when everything seemed lost. I can imagine the feeling of that goal of Chadli in the dying minutes. The team have shown personality and competitive attitude, very important at this level.

Then finally a solid victory at Ligue 1. The title isn't lost yet, but still looks difficult. Well... nothing is lost until it is mathematically lost. Keep looking for your luck!
  • WestardLord
    907 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 12
    OdgIUZx.png
    27L8dQz.png
    Ad53PSO.png
  • subpop
    Fantastic win again. Chadli is becoming fundamental in recent weeks. However Lyon are acting as solid leaders and don't drop points as weeks pass.

Atlético is a tough rival. For me, one of the hardest to play against. They defend as a block and it is hard to open their defense. Then they have Griezmann, who doesn't need much to score goals.
  • LAboog4
    72 posts Park Captain
    The form has greatly improved but OL do not look like they will be dropping points. Atletico are one of the hardest teams to beat but this Monaco side are full of surprises so it should be a good tie.
  • DB1512
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Three French teams at the last eight of the Champions League, did that happen before? Atlético is an outsider for the title, so not the best draw you could get but better than Real or PSG I believe.
  • Ashy
    8226 posts League Winner
    League results turned around and you are back in form which is good to see after that bad patch, I'm not going to lie though it looks like Lyon will win the title, 8 games left and they are 8 points clear so they need to lose 3 of those 8 while you need to win every game really, based on Lyon's form I cannot see that happening. As for UCL congrats on beating Inter on away goals that late equaliser was key in the 2nd leg. Atletico are very experienced in the later stages so they will be a tough test, good luck
  • Wyojasond
    9074 posts League Winner
    Atletico isn’t an easy draw but if you can crack that defense of there’s a few times it could be a great draw for you.
  • JoshDFC
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    Chadli has been in exceptional form lately but he isn't the only one maybe that game with Inter helped the team turn a corner
  • Definitely hard to see how Atlético will even concede any goals to Monaco, let alone score like crazy with Griezmann. Plus, they also have Jonathan Tah, Aaron Ramsey, and Rodrigo. It's going to be a punishing 2 legs.

But yes, Chadli has been on a fantastic run lately. Captain of the team and literally winning games for the club. Huge contributions.
  • WestardLord
    907 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 13
    Odjqqwt.png
    Ga9UQx7.png
    0KUl5uE.png
  • subpop
    Brilliant comeback to advance to the semifinals of the Coupe de France. As I said, it is probably the most realistic title option, so it was worth the effort. It was fundamental to respond soon to the 0-2.
  • JoshDFC
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    After a poor start the team showed brilliant belief to turn the tie around and progress into the Semi Finals
  • LAboog4
    72 posts Park Captain
    Great win to score three straight at the end. I thought Monaco would come apart after the second goal but instead they responded instantly.
  • LAboog4
    72 posts Park Captain
    Josef Martinez continues to dominate. If the club fails to win a trophy, at least they have the top scoring award locked up.
  • JoshDFC
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    Seven games eight point gap I think this will be difficult do you play Lyon though?
  • subpop
    Josef Martinez keeps maintaining the team with his goals, but Lyon are in champion mode and I believe it's going to be difficult to see them dropping so many points from here to the end.
  • Wyojasond
    9074 posts League Winner
    Lyon keep pushing on. Going to take a minor miracle to catch them at this point.