Should EA get rid off Buy now on players to improve the game for people selling players.

Bluemoon2393
253 posts Sunday League Hero
I think if we got rid off Buy now and have Bid only, Squad Based Challenges and also what you get in packs as the only way to obtain getting players.

For example we have price ranges now which makes getting players either to cheap or at the same fixed price. For example you can have a player start bid at 650 and maximum 10k. If we got rid off the buy now.

We would only be able to win players by bidding and henceforth making the opportunity to make coins from sales. The downside would be you might have to spend more coins on some players (Because off others bidding a little more.) But better for everyone because the players will be worth more value than us frustrating selling them at 750 as a example.

The lowest bid starting price would have to increase for the best players. So if you wanted for example Dybala. Hes lowest start bid price would be 200k and you have to bid to win him.

For items like Contracts, Kits, Stadiums, Consumables, Managers etc etc will still have buy now. But not on players.

Comments

• Riggs006
    974 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    Maybe I've read this wrong but I'm confused, you say make it so packs are the only way to obtain players but you're saying make it so you can only bid on players and not buy now but surely bidding on them and buying them off the market is another way of obtaining players? Plus can you imagine wanting to make a quick sale or purchase on a player and you have to wait for the timer to run out every time, you'd constantly get outbid and it would take an eternity to get players.

If I've read and understood all this, personally I just feel it would slow things down a bit and maybe it's not the best idea but that's just my opinion!
  • Gorda
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    No
  • DonkeyKong
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    Having to wait for the timer to run down would turn way too many people off
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    1) waiting for the timer to end would frustrate everyone
    2) every card card would go for way more simply due to the fact you can only buy the card in front of the queue, or face waiting for the next one to have another similar bid battle
  • kayron16
    2500 posts Fans' Favourite
    This wouldn't achieve anything
  • Personally don't like that idea at all

• jackm57
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great idea.

Would stop cheaters price fixing everything
  • Fab
    19474 posts World Class
    OUT
  • Bluemoon2393
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    I know I might have not explained it very well.

When you put a player on the transfer list

You have Bid and Buy now

My suggestion is to remove the buy now and only have bid now. So for example all

You have let's say 650 coins as a start bid.
    But you no longer have the 10k buy now. So players who didn't sell very well will know be worth a little more coins.

For the best players you have a bigger start bid to ensure no one loses a lot off coins. So for example James Rodriguez has a 50k start bid.

Special Cards like Informs you have 10k start bid and for the more better players (I'll use James Rodriguez again 100k start bid)

So to get players you either have to bid, earn them in packs you have purchased or do squad based challenges. The only thing that changes is you can buy them outright.

By removing Buy now. It will stop coin sellers/buyers and force them to bid for players. That why it would be very difficult to sell coins.

The only thing I would have buy now for is Badges, Kits and Stadiums etc etc but a no more than a 1000.

I hope I explained it better.
  • Fab
    19474 posts World Class
    edited October 2018
    oops
  • Dazen
    107 posts Park Captain
    Waiting for 6 hours to bid on a prime icon and then miss out, because everyone bids on that one card, no thanks.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    Terrible idea imo.
  • MatteoDiBella
    501 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I just threw up in my mouth
  • boomtw3
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not everybody has 24 hours to spend on the game. If i want a player i take 1 minute to get best deal i can find. Don't have time to bid for a player then sometimes the bidding war even goes above his lowest buy now.
    What i can say is increase the starting price or quick sell of some players so even if a pack bombs you still get something. For example 82,83 rated players should have quick sell and starting of like 900 coins and 84 should have like 1200 coins because as it is most packs won't give half of its value not even an ultimate pack.
  • agentxyz2
    827 posts Professional
    Not a great idea sorry. All for the goal of price inflation. EA have much more effective tools to achieve that
  • Maverick
    6957 posts Big Money Move
    Gorda wrote: »
    No

• Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    V3eZqtE.jpg
  • GoodnightIrene
    3903 posts National Call-Up
    Terrible idea.
  • Deslash
    1318 posts Play-Off Hero
    A dream for coin sellers and buyers..
    A hell for every player that want to build a team... and i guess price fixing would still work.. unless you want every card listed at 650coins :p
    Good try.. worst idea i heard this week..
  • BGAlum
    1447 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    It would kill the game as it would take forever to ever get a player.

You actually have it backwards. The only option should be BUY NOW and SELL NOW vice the bidding with EA actually tracking real market value through supply and demand, transactions, with them as the brokerage instead of blindly and lazily having a market with bidding wars and runs on players that are not monitored accurately.

Bidding at least let’s people have a shot at getting a player they really want at a reduced price, but if EA did away with bidding and actively managed the market like they should in a scenario either closer to what real life football is or like what the stock market is, it would be a better option.
  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move
    I haven’t got the time to wait for a bidding war each time I buy a player.
  • truegunn3r
    10284 posts Has That Special Something
    So the whole FUT community will be bidding for that one extinct player when it pops up
  • Dexdan
    660 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Imagine how long sbcs would take to do
  • CM15
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    God no
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    No thanks. If I want to try a player I don't want to have to sit there four she's trying to buy them.
  • mdizzl3
    12418 posts Has That Special Something
    If the really cared they would stop you buying a player if you already have 2 in your club. There is no reason 2hynyoue ever need more than 2 at anyone time and therefore thearlet would be much more stable.
  • TW1103
    2953 posts National Call-Up
    No, but I think you should have the option to take it off a listing. If you want to start the bidding for Messi at 1000 coins, no BIN, you could just let it roll. Wouldn't want to see ot removed altogether though
  • Mmandras
    3431 posts National Call-Up
    The market is fine, it's the soul of Ultimate Team.
  • Williejno1
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    Lol no way man