The School of Science: Passing

FinEverton
671 posts An Exciting Prospect
Hi,

Is there place like Hogwarts, where I can go to study passing?

My first fifa was 96 and now Im total lost with this game. After 100 games of fut still dont know what to do. The ball just dont go where I want.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Razovar
    1104 posts Play-Off Hero
    There is nothing wrong with passing. Just stop rushing the passes and hoping for the ping pong effect.
  • FinEverton
    Razovar wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with passing. Just stop rushing the passes and hoping for the ping pong effect.

I didnt say there is something wrong with passing. Just cant do that.
  • Do you play with passing trainer on, I had issues at first. Have not had fifa for a couple of years. Noticed I would pass in correct direction (would not go where I wanted) as I would move stick in different direction after hitting pass button. It goes where you pointed when player kicks the ball, not when you hit pass button. Now I do not need the trainer trailer thing on and passing much improved.
  • Avit32
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    FinEverton wrote: »

More than likely you are passing to guys who are too close to an opposition defender/marker. If you have assisted passing the CPU will always attempt to avoid the defender, but by doing so results in a bad pass for the opponent to easily intercept. Pick your passes better.

The key to a successful passing game is to anticipate player movement and control which player makes runs and which don't. Quick passing is important 1 or 2 touch passing is the way to go but you need awareness of what's going on, even without actively looking.

At the end of the day it comes down to practice. No tactic or player is going to change where your passes go.
  • FinEverton
    PARBAR wrote: »
    Do you play with passing trainer on, I had issues at first. Have not had fifa for a couple of years. Noticed I would pass in correct direction (would not go where I wanted) as I would move stick in different direction after hitting pass button. It goes where you pointed when player kicks the ball, not when you hit pass button. Now I do not need the trainer trailer thing on and passing much improved.

Thank you. Never tried it, but will try it now.
  • GeorgeGervin
    1540 posts Play-Off Hero
    PARBAR wrote: »
    Do you play with passing trainer on, I had issues at first. Have not had fifa for a couple of years. Noticed I would pass in correct direction (would not go where I wanted) as I would move stick in different direction after hitting pass button. It goes where you pointed when player kicks the ball, not when you hit pass button. Now I do not need the trainer trailer thing on and passing much improved.

Thank you. Never tried it, but will try it now.

It’s pretty handy!
  • FinEverton
    edited October 2018
    Avit32 wrote: »

More than likely you are passing to guys who are too close to an opposition defender/marker. If you have assisted passing the CPU will always attempt to avoid the defender, but by doing so results in a bad pass for the opponent to easily intercept. Pick your passes better.

The key to a successful passing game is to anticipate player movement and control which player makes runs and which don't. Quick passing is important 1 or 2 touch passing is the way to go but you need awareness of what's going on, even without actively looking.

At the end of the day it comes down to practice. No tactic or player is going to change where your passes go.

Thanks. I think you are right. At some point in every fifa I try to switch manual, but I dont know why I keep coming back to assisted passing.

So practice it is.
  • JackoEFC
    93 posts Park Captain
    OOoooh an evertonian! add me mate L_Jacko