Is it risky to get baby icon?

omarnyc
3564 posts National Call-Up
edited October 2018
Not to inves tbut i dont wanna lose much coins either. Thought about getting nakata or klose by sunday

Comments

• Avit32
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    As tempting as it may be to get an icon, it's my personal opinion that any baby icon ( outside of some defenders)is not worth it. Personally I'd got for the mid tier at least.
    Ofc that's just my opinion
  • Moose Factory
    3377 posts National Call-Up
    Nakata I'd say is a safe bet. I bought his prime and middle card early on and made a 100k profit from the mid range. I love his prime but wait until it drops back to the lower 500k range.
  • CfcBlue
    3580 posts National Call-Up
    Avit32 wrote: »
    As tempting as it may be to get an icon, it's my personal opinion that any baby icon ( outside of some defenders)is not worth it. Personally I'd got for the mid tier at least.
    Ofc that's just my opinion

Agree with this completely. At the end of the day baby icons will not be better than a suarez or aguero but will cost double and they will lose value over time. Just save your coins until you can get a mid tier or prime.
  • omarnyc
    I mean ican get nakatas mid card too, almost the same as baby one.
    I wasnt planning to get an icon but kdb and eriksen are overpriced and they will go down more than nakata imo. Also i dont wanna use epl striker :joy:
  • Avit32
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    omarnyc wrote: »
    I mean ican get nakatas mid card too, almost the same as baby one.
    I wasnt planning to get an icon but kdb and eriksen are overpriced and they will go down more than nakata imo. Also i dont wanna use epl striker :joy:

If you desperately want to have the chance to try one then go for it, but don't go in thinking they'll be overwhelmingly awesome. They are good yes but only as good as you are using it. As I've mentioned in another thread, you could in fact get a better performance from a lesser player simply because how they behave on the pitch suits your style better.
  • Moose Factory
    Nakata's prime is miles better than his mid. Save up an extra 100k and go for prime Nakata if he is your icon target.
  • Giroud9267
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’ve just purchased baby lineker! Not tried him yet, but his IG stats look good, should do the job I’m fut champs
  • omarnyc
    edited October 2018
    @Avit32 @Moose Factory

So Nakata is not my target icon and as long as he is decent i am fine.
    I just need a player that will hold its value for a bit, because i think that gold cards will take bigger hit. Thats the only part i am trying to figure out, so i dont lose much in like couple weeks
  • Moose Factory
    @Avit32 @Moose Factory

I just need a player that will hold its value for a bit, because i think that gold cards will take bigger hit. Thats the only part i am trying to figure out, so i dont lose much in like couple weeks

I think he'll hold his value. Especially when more people try him and have positive reviews to share. We still don't know if they will do some version of icon SBCs. If they do then the lower tier icons will likely rise in price.

Though it's risky to invest in an icon because when you do turn around and sell then the tax hit can sometimes ding your return on investment.

I would perhaps look at investing in the incoming La Liga and Bundesliga POTMs. It would be smart to buy up IFs from both leagues at bid price then once you sell those you could probably afford or get close to a higher rated icon. If Messi is the POTM for La Liga it will probably require 12 or more IFs plus a ton of high rated La Liga players. Similar with Reus probably nabbing POTM which would require a lot of IFs.

Something to consider.
  • omarnyc
    @Avit32 @Moose Factory

I think he'll hold his value. Especially when more people try him and have positive reviews to share. We still don't know if they will do some version of icon SBCs. If they do then the lower tier icons will likely rise in price.

Though it's risky to invest in an icon because when you do turn around and sell then the tax hit can sometimes ding your return on investment.

I would perhaps look at investing in the incoming La Liga and Bundesliga POTMs. It would be smart to buy up IFs from both leagues at bid price then once you sell those you could probably afford or get close to a higher rated icon. If Messi is the POTM for La Liga it will probably require 12 or more IFs plus a ton of high rated La Liga players. Similar with Reus probably nabbing POTM which would require a lot of IFs.

Something to consider.

Thank you bud, i ll also consider this. First i ll focus on building a main team and not losing much coins tho👍