The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Crossing how do you do it

I just conceded 4 goals due to crosses but I try a cross and it never lands on the head of the striker,am I missing a crossing abuse

Comments

• Haakon
    503 posts Sunday League Hero
    xbox_360_controller-x_button-transparent.png
  • Diggy
    14079 posts Has That Special Something
    Haakon wrote: »

At the right moment also hold LB & pressing aforementioned button does an early cross

You can also double or triple tap the same button to get different kind of crosses
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    14187 posts Moderator
    I ALWAYS cross with LB + X.

I'm not particularly successful with crosses though, but that's not what you asked :D
  • Diggy wrote: »
    Haakon wrote: »

At the right moment also hold LB & pressing aforementioned button does an early cross

You can also double or triple tap the same button to get different kind of crosses
    His crosses always floated slowly to the striker
  • Diggy
    14079 posts Has That Special Something
    Sounds like LB + X but could be LB + Y which seem like crosses
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    edited June 2015
    I just conceded 4 goals due to crosses but I try a cross and it never lands on the head of the striker,am I missing a crossing abuse

No crossing is really ineffective unless you really lack creativity and/or you have a mismatch in the box.

It's likely you are trying to defend crossing the wrong way or possibly you are using small defenders. Try repeatedly mashing the clear button (B on xbox) when a cross is coming in. Also position your defender in front of the opposing attacker.
  • I just conceded 4 goals due to crosses but I try a cross and it never lands on the head of the striker,am I missing a crossing abuse

No crossing is really ineffective unless you really lack creativity and/or you have a mismatch in the box.

It's likely you are trying to defend crossing the wrong way or possibly you are using small defenders. Try repeatedly mashing the clear button (B on xbox) when a cross is coming in. Also position your defender in front of the opposing attacker.

I did but the game today won't respond to anything might try a different game
  • Ykr
    3041 posts National Call-Up
    It depends, early crosses are ineffective, the normal crosses for me at the most effective followed by the low cross. The normal cross is the one for me. Just make sure you play it in the centre where the keeper can't reach it, and not too far so your player can get their head to it
  • edited June 2015
    And Terry gets beat In the air by isco wtf how is this possible everyone just runs down the wing and crosses it
  • WFCBagnall
    74336 posts Moderator
    4312 isn't really a crossing formation
  • YOLOT0URE
    7131 posts Big Money Move
    That teams not on a 96 game unbeaten run today?
  • WFCBagnall wrote: »
    that's 5 headers conceded in 1 match against 433(3)

• WFCBagnall wrote: »
    that's 5 headers conceded in 1 match against 433(3)

4 of which came from isco
  • VICTAAAA
    11096 posts Has That Special Something
    doesn't it depend on the situation and who's making runs in the box? single tap for numbers in the box, double for a run and triple for run to back post (i always use early cross).
  • YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    That teams not on a 96 game unbeaten run today?

The guys is actually a good player though don't mind losing 1 every now and then if he plays better than me