The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Dedicated servers vs P2P

Sami
208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I remember years ago people were saying Dedicated servers are going to be the holy grail and how they going to save Fifa. There will be no lag in Fifa. Most of these people who were making these comments had not played pro clubs.

They thought once dedicated servers arrived the lag free flawless gameplay will arrive.

But that has not been the case. The issue with dedicated servers is when there are too many people on the server it can cause lag hence why it’s better to play at non peak times rather than 6pm. The other issue is how far you are from the server. If you live too far then you will get lag.

Draft has better and smooth gameplay than Rivals. It’s running on P2P. The issues with P2P were stuff EA could have solved but chose not to. They could have had better matchmaking where you play people close to you and not in bleeding Saudi Arabia. People booting were not punished, EA could find out who is cheating easily with match stats.

So what did people prefer? The old P2P or these so called dedicated servers.

Comments

• Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    Dedicated servers all day everyday.

I havent had a laggy WL game since the first weekend in 17, I have not had a laggy Clubs game in 2 years either. And now in 18 I have played around 200 games so far and not one has had delay.

Oh, I also live around 3000km from the server ;)
  • Sami
    Coming back to this. The so called dedicated servers run like ❤️❤️❤️❤️ during busy time and the gameplay goes to ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    Fletch wrote: »
    Dedicated servers all day everyday.

I havent had a laggy WL game since the first weekend in 17, I have not had a laggy Clubs game in 2 years either. And now in 18 I have played around 200 games so far and not one has had delay.

Oh, I also live around 3000km from the server ;)

Its a delay fest on fiber connection
  • Sami
    Another week and another full delay in the UK, I have 300mb with 20mb up and using Ethernet. Yet we’d have people like Fletch saying there are no issues and EA are perfect despite every pro saying there are issues with the servers.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3966 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    Its not about the dedicated servers per se, just look at Battlefield where 64 people can play together lag-free. Its about the lack of them, because EA is on the brink of bankruptcy and cannot afford more servers.
    Sami wrote: »
    Another week and another full delay in the UK, I have 300mb with 20mb up and using Ethernet. Yet we’d have people like Fletch saying there are no issues and EA are perfect despite every pro saying there are issues with the servers.

Shills gon' shill.