The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Are elite goalkeepers a difference maker this year?

Ryno
6532 posts Big Money Move

Are elite goalkeepers a difference maker this year? 36 votes

Yes
52%
Pepe Le DiLzZ ShaanxzCarswellShakey JakeyPalacePinterMr. SoperAntparry929dal39Ibte10AlexSolmOverevilFlyingOkapisThefranchise92BWildGreedy_MarcoGoonerJoe88NavraatPatrickrea6TheBalenci 19 votes
No
47%
NemBakerDisgruntledmoleJoeAVFC1986AIeksmcsyankeesnumber7rockyKeanoo Timisss xdopetothemaxGeTRiGhTShshjNooiitalicMcRavenDutyHarryChapman104 17 votes

Comments

• Knowlesdinho
    12894 posts Has That Special Something
    No, AI defending is!
  • Keano
    15363 posts World Class
    No
    No, AI defending is!

This. Just had a bloke blockafter block after block... he wins 3-2 & sends me amessage about "lol you've got an icon & still lost" & all that rubbish... yet he had half my shots (I always shoot from the edge of the area at furthest), most of the time they're inside the area shots though).
  • Libguy
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    Now that we know what goalkeeper chem styles do, pretty much any decent keeper has all high 90 stats apart from speed. This is Fahrmann on basic -

fahrmann.png

I guess the question would be, is there a big ingame difference between like 95 reflexes and 99? If not, I think you're pretty much just looking at size / weak foot / traits - those sorts of things. Does explain why it didn't really seem to matter last year who you tossed in goal.
  • iitalic
    1803 posts Play-Off Hero
    No
    Never has. Never will.
  • dopetothemax
    2017 posts Fans' Favourite
    No
    Nah been using UCL Cillessen in goal and he’s been just fine. Used Neuer previously and he was no different
  • LFC Simon 98
    19176 posts World Class
    Nah. Just get Alisson imo
  • Navraat
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    Depends how competitive you are I guess
  • Antparry92
    18920 posts World Class
    Yes
    If any of you have had to deal with Steffan or Blake (MLS) then you’d realise how important a decent keeper is