Overhead kicks...getting boring now.

Is anyone else sick of scoring overhead kicks yet?
Every year EA spam some feature in FIFA. The last 2 years were when you hit the post 18 times per game and this year its the overhead kick.
I play on semi or manual controls and I must have scored 20+ OH kicks in this years version already. Sometimes more than one per game. Its just not realistic.

Every corner kick results in 3 or 4 players all going for OH kicks, mostly when a header would be the more natural and probably the best option to score. Even defenders clear the ball with an OH kick animation.
I long for the days when an OH kick was actually an achievement.

Even the lower rated, journeymen can launch into a spectacular OH kick alongside the more skillful players. It seems they all went on acrobatic goal scoring courses. Its just boring now.

Patch it EA. Make OH kicks a rarity, not the norm.

Comments

• JURITO1000
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    I dont have problem with this,not too often happening in my games. But i dont understand one thing. How many matches they play in EA before they release the game? How its possible they didnt see a lot of bugs or unrealistic moves. I really cant understand this. If they played at least 500 matches (what i think they should do before release) they have to see all of this things
  • Zidane11
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    JURITO1000 wrote: »
    I dont have problem with this,not too often happening in my games. But i dont understand one thing. How many matches they play in EA before they release the game? How its possible they didnt see a lot of bugs or unrealistic moves. I really cant understand this. If they played at least 500 matches (what i think they should do before release) they have to see all of this things

It would be better as EA would invite some people of the fifa community who play this for so long to test on bugs BEFORE the release instead of updating with 20 patches later!!!!
  • Rossi1000
    506 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They did in the beta
  • blue166
    929 posts Semi-Pro
    I never get an invite. Sure I mostly play Seasons but why does that mean no invite for me?

I would test this game to bits against another human and look out for what exploits the game will have in time for EA to tighten the engine up to keep the game clean.

@EA_Andy

Its criminal that the Overhead kick overpowered state should make the final game. Was the same the previous year when goalkeepers wondered towards the edge of 6 yard box only for all finesse shots from about 20-30 yards sailing over their heads will they just watched.
  • blue166
    929 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2018
    Guys,

As @EA_Andy said in my post about corner kick goals from OH kicks you need to grab hold of a player (Good header of ball) And move them towards the edge of 6 yard box near post and mash those buttons like mad to make sure no one OH kicks on you from there. It works in the meantime until EA tone down OH kicks and there accuracy. It's the best we can do at this time.

I hope this helps in the meantime.
  • MaldinisHeir
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    My GK did an overhead kick. That felt pretty special!

It’s such a very, very, very silly bug that I just laugh now. It’s on par with the players’ riding ostriches in one of the PES.

I also just pretend that’s it a glitch in the graphics and treat the goals as just an ordinary goal from a cross. Really what’s the difference between scoring a header or a overhead kick, the question is how hard was it to score the goal full stop. In FIFA19 I find the AI on legendary enough of a challenge. That’ll do me.
  • Barry
    13 posts Ball Boy

This is why I hate fifa.
  • MaldinisHeir
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Barry wrote: »

This is why I hate fifa.

If you want to play like that you can. Nobody’s forcing you to. Admittedly this is coming from an offline player but still any game can be exploited. There’s not a lot a developer can do if people take the mick.
  • Swagster123
    1709 posts Play-Off Hero
    constant i dont even mean to do bicycle kick automatically dose it especially on corner kicks or crosses
  • blue166
    929 posts Semi-Pro
    Barry wrote: »

This is why I hate fifa.

All Ultimate Team. The defending is atrocious. No excuses though as should not be this easy on the game.

But looking at those clips no one should be getting that space. I play Seasons only. Not Ultimate Team. UT gameplay is arcade and not what I want for a football game.

As for Seasons. I recommend everyone moves a player to near the front post and towards edge of 6 yard box to cover any punk trying to front post Overhead kick goal you. It should help greatly until EA tone it down with more error etc...