WL Novices (the "This could get very messy..." thread)

Comments

• Waspy
    3885 posts National Call-Up
    Not gonna lie..... I started off 2-0, felt great to be honest.

lost the next 2 games to 90th minute goals and subsequently sacked if off at that point for the whole weekend :D

Maybe post patch will be different :D
  • Broxibear
    70 posts Park Captain
    I also played my first weekend league
    Welcome to the Strikethrough WL Novices thread - Gold 3 is a great result for a first WL, so congrats.

I'm sure you'll be Top 100 in no time...
    (just please remember us crap improving players when you get there...)

Not a chance mate I can’t get to grips with defending at all!! I do agree though with the high rated teams don’t be put off by them! I’ve managed to sneak a few good wins against a few! Sheer luck was ridden through some of them though!

• EricVanDerek
    688 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Advait wrote: »
    I meant running two teams
    In my opinion and experience, you must be running and getting as much practice as possible with the 11 players you'll play all the games with

You're absolutely right (as always).

Doubtless I'd be better playing with just the one team, and the extra coins are certainly very tempting (c. 450k if I sold the English / Spanish team, before required fitness cards).

It's just - as the new king of Strikethrough put it so eloquently - "it gets boring".

I think if I was pushing for the title (or at least Elite level) then it would be worth it, but at my crap improving level, the enjoyment of variety is greater than the enjoyment of better rewards.

But out of interest - how would you improve my team with 650k (as I'll have 200k cash come Thurs eve...) Thanks
  • EricVanDerek
    Waspy wrote: »
    lost the next 2 games to 90th minute goals

Oh Waspy...
    Our collective, novice hearts bleed for you. We've all been there, but experiencing it in consecutive matches is cruel beyond measure.
    Come back soon!
  • WellWornBeast
    2128 posts Fans' Favourite
    WL this year is a game of streaks in my experiences. Last year i won 2, lost 1 and repeat (every single week)

Now its win 5 in a row, lose 3-4, win 5, lose 3-4.
    Actually had a 9 game win streak this weekend, took me to 14 wins, then i lost 3 in a row before i decided i couldnt be arsed anymore lol
  • nextqprmanager
    3317 posts National Call-Up
    I have not qualified again this week.
    Just picked up my 39k coins for Rivals. I did not play much or well this week. I will upgarde my team on BF.
    Anyone want a win vs me, you`re welcome in Div 6 !. I usually get 60+ possession.
    I seem to want/ try to score `beautiful` goals all the time, then opponent just presses circle with Griezy etc.
    I will sort out my CT`s tonight, used Inceptions 4231 which plays nice.
    oh well, ho hum .......
  • eddopoolfc
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    have played 6 rivals games today, throughout various times and all have been lag fests with severe delay.

If it hasn't improved by the time we get the rewards for last week I'll be giving this weekend league a miss.
  • kayron16
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    i went 11/29 first weekend
    2nd went 11/24
    3rd went 14/20
    this week i went 23/27 ( went on a crazy 15 game streak on saturday at 1am lol)
    and i never qualified last year cause of college :(

it gets easier every week tbh especially if you can get a solid cdm, varaine and another fast cb

team i ran this week 4411
    IF ben yeder
    promes-paulinhio-if talisca-mattudi- potm lucas
    sandro- benatia-manolas-juve rb
    handanovic

You went from silver 1 to elite 3 in 3 weeks. Took me two years, fair play.

Even two years is an achievment. I've been Gold 2/ Gold 1 for 3!
  • lastfifa
    1593 posts Play-Off Hero
    This weekend i won't be playing but will return for the next week. My goal is to get that gold 3 again.

Been pretty bad week with rewards and packs but have made some upgrades for my second wl team.

Team premier

Felipe Anderson out - Potm Hazard in
    Zappacosta out - Valencia in
    If Cech out - if Pickford in

Team Serie

If Suso out - sif Suso in.
  • EricVanDerek
    Good luck to all noobs newbies in the WL this weekend random selection of days. Remember to enjoy it!

@lastfifa - if that's a permanent POTM Hazard, then that's quite a decent upgrade ... ;-)
  • Crazymundo
    96 posts Park Captain
    First weekend league.....time to take the arm bands off and dive in.....got a horrible feeling I’ll be swimming with sharks though.

Best of of luck guys

PS. If any of u guys come up against me please be gentle.....I’m a very sensitive person.

• lastfifa
    1593 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good luck to all noobs newbies in the WL this weekend random selection of days. Remember to enjoy it!

@lastfifa - if that's a permanent POTM Hazard, then that's quite a decent upgrade ... ;-)

Made permanent sbc as i had many players in the club and coins for the rest.

Last night did serie a sbc so made some more upgrades.

Premier..

If Sigursson out - Kovasic in
    Ucl Rose out - Marcos Alonso in

Serie..

If De Paul out - Perisic in
    De Vrij out - sbc Skriniar in
  • EricVanDerek
    Crazymundo wrote: »
    First weekend league.....

Good luck - let us know how you get on. What rank are you aiming for ?
    What team(s) are you using ?

But enough questions - go whip some ****...
  • Hori25
    202 posts Sunday League Hero
    First WL here too..

Going better then expected.. currently 4-4.. Hope to get 11 wins in the end.

Overall the games are OK, however it appears everyone has these immense teams already..
  • Equinox 85
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    First WL for Fifa 19. Currently 6-0. It’s going easier than rivals so far.
  • Hori25
    Equinox 85 wrote: »

What division in rivals are you in?

Also in general: Which rank do we need for the player pick to not be limited to 84 rating?
  • Kellnerr
    2329 posts Fans' Favourite
    Started with 8 wins in 9, now lost 5 in a row, game is **** me completely it's unbelievable :joy:
  • Equinox 85
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hori25 wrote: »
    Equinox 85 wrote: »

What division in rivals are you in?

Also in general: Which rank do we need for the player pick to not be limited to 84 rating?

Div 3
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4219 posts National Call-Up
    I've qualified for this weekend league after messing last week . I had 1940 qualification points but I used my auto qualification from weekend league . I assumed it would give me qualification and I'd keep my 1940 but it put me to zero :(
  • Crazymundo
    96 posts Park Captain
    phewwwww......that was intense...P6 W3 L3......I’m a division 6 level so quite daunting being in the big boys playground.....every match a goalfest....not had a severe beating .....yet

On a side note.....every team seams to have a POTM Lucas.....was there a free giveaway that I missed...I thought I had a solid team but mine is like a pub team compared to some I’ve faced.

Positive Mental Attitude and away we go again...

• Wz000
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Crazymundo wrote: »
    phewwwww......that was intense...P6 W3 L3......I’m a division 6 level so quite daunting being in the big boys playground.....every match a goalfest....not had a severe beating .....yet

On a side note.....every team seams to have a POTM Lucas.....was there a free giveaway that I missed...I thought I had a solid team but mine is like a pub team compared to some I’ve faced.

Positive Mental Attitude and away we go again...

He was only 45k to do...

• Crazymundo
    96 posts Park Captain
    45k for for POTM is a steal.....looks like I missed the boat on that

Anyhow......

Day 2 in the fire pit that is Weekend League

After an marathon day....P15 W8 L7 yesterday I feel like a winner already. Was susprised I could score a goal never mind win a game. Some of the teams are insane. All multi-coloured against my team of golds plus my CL Blue Allan. Only took 2 hefty spankings.

Going to try and grind out 3 wins by fair means or foul. Won’t have much time to complete my remaining fixtures as the wife wants me to go out and do “stuff”....that usually means shopping.

So currently on Silver 1. Gold 3 is the Holy Grail and 3 more wins gets me the 2000pts and auto entry into next weeks WL.

PS. It is my birthday today so if anyone wants to gift me a win I would be very grateful.
  • eddopoolfc
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    wasn't going to play this weekend, but as always it got the better of me and decided to have another go.
    played 12 games, won 2 from the 1st 5. looking good and playing alright.
    the shitfest that has been today has seen me get disconnected 2, once when leading 1-0, and the other at 3-3 after being 1-3 down in the 1st half.

Still sitting on 2 wins, in the last loss it was 2-2, went to play a through ball to one of my wingers, yet somehow my player decided it was fun to do a back pass which played POTM Hazard through onto a 2 on 1 situation and that didn't end well.

Another game which went into ET, i had 35 shots, 17 on target, and yet through **** servers EA found a way to screw me over again.

I'm done with weekend league due to the **** servers atm. It's just not worth the stress.

• Chavez76
    2483 posts Fans' Favourite
    I blew it. Badly. Again, didnt follow my own 'rules' about not playing when you do not really want to. Had 4 games to go for 1 win to reach G3 and lost all.

Terrible. Played terrible as well, had the unlucky bounces here and there but I could not score anymore.
    Red Martial and Kane took the day off I think.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm currently 12 - 7, might call it a weekend at that.
  • Hori25
    @EricVanDerek thanks for the advice in the other thread. I'm actually doing better then I'd expect.. currently at 11-9.. Hope to reach the 14 win mark :)
  • Crazymundo
    96 posts Park Captain
    To anybody that is even slightly interested and wants to listen I am no longer a WL virgin. My weekend league cherry has been popped.

Managed to get to silver1 which means automatic entry into next weeks bash. Feel drained and have started to question my own fitness (if only there was a real life fitness card u could apply to yourself).

LESSONS LEARNED

I’m not as bad as I thought. Scoring goals is the easy part, not conceding is the hard part.

Need to upgrade my team.

Don’t judge an opponent on their team. If they have a poor team doesn’t make them a poor player - in fact it’s usually the complete opposite.

Take plenty of breaks and make sure your hydrated.

And make u buy the wife a nice present to stop her sulking as to why you’ve ignored her, the kids and your own personal hygiene over the course of a weekend.

VERDICT

Superb fun. Very challenging. My swear box is over flowing after these weekend game. My tv is in tears at the amount of abuse that I directed at it.

See u all next weekend

PS......I hate POTM Lucas
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4219 posts National Call-Up
    Currently 5-8 I've had 3 games that disconnected and I got a loss so I'm having a rest for now
  • Idek
    10075 posts Has That Special Something
    Servers still having problems today?

I was 4-2 up in a game earlier, it lagged huge and got the "connection has been lost, match is under review" messages and got sent back to the main menu like the game hadn't counted

Just now was 2-4 down in a game and same thing happened so it's evened out for me lol
  • EricVanDerek
    Thanks for all your updates - well done / commiserations as appropriate.
    Good luck to those still playing - especially those who are looking for a couple more wins to move up a level.

@equinox85 I'm sure I speak for all of us in saying: come on, don't be a tease - tell us how you're doing after that blistering 6-0 start ?!?