WL Novices (the "This could get very messy..." thread)

Comments

• Chavez76
    2434 posts Fans' Favourite
    that was a good read .. and a long one :smile:
    Can I get one of your victories as I missed one to go G2 again ? :(
  • Chavez76
    by the way @iRusty_yo , I put Neymar 94 on the transfer list. He scored 25 in 60 or so, and I feel I am missing the big man upfront, like Ibra is. For now, bought back Cavani as his stats look immense and will keep mbappe on the rcam. Hope to be able to play some games on Tues / Wed to practice with this team.
  • iRusty_yo
    3862 posts National Call-Up
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    that was a good read .. and a long one :smile:
    Can I get one of your victories as I missed one to go G2 again ? :(

Thanks man. Yeah, it was a small project I had this weekend ^^ wish I could have given you a win when I reached G2
  • iRusty_yo
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    by the way @iRusty_yo , I put Neymar 94 on the transfer list. He scored 25 in 60 or so, and I feel I am missing the big man upfront, like Ibra is. For now, bought back Cavani as his stats look immense and will keep mbappe on the rcam. Hope to be able to play some games on Tues / Wed to practice with this team.

Ah that’s cool man. Each to their own. Glad you’re enjoying Mbappe ^^

Sure, we can play some games during the week
  • iRusty_yo
    How’s everyones WL? @EricVanDerek @Low Ki
  • Low Ki
    11587 posts Has That Special Something
    iRusty_yo wrote: »

Finished gold 3 with 2 games to spare.

Thought I could hit gold 2 as I was on 12 wins with 9 left, but yeah......
  • iRusty_yo
    Low Ki wrote: »
    iRusty_yo wrote: »

Finished gold 3 with 2 games to spare.

Thought I could hit gold 2 as I was on 12 wins with 9 left, but yeah......

I’m sure your red picks will be better than mine anyway
  • EricVanDerek
    672 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Unfortunately I still didn't have enough time to do anything other than get to S3.
    (somehow Father's Day in the UK did not mean I was able to spend all day playing FIFA...)

Interestingly, although they were the same players or tactics that I've had for the last 4 weeks, this weekend I both scored more goals per game than ever before, but I also conceded more per game (at least compared to the previous 4 months - my early WLs were a catalogue of bad defending...).
    I've no idea why that is - but I guess it's given the paying customers something to cheer about!

Well done to those who got what they wanted this WL, commiserations to those who didn't.

• Andyzim
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This weekend might be the last one worth playing wl, good luck to anyone trying. I always say I'll never play on a Friday again but I generally cannot play on sat/sun so will have to try my luck again against the vastly superior opposition who get their games in on Fridays.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2185 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm not playing this weekend but good luck all, especially those doing other things this weekend.
  • aladdin
    777 posts Semi-Pro
    does anyone know what the rewards are gonna be after this weekend league?
  • Andyzim
    Well I don't know how to feel. I've played 12 and won 7. That's better than I've ever started before, especially for playing on a Friday. My new team which saw me gain promotion in rivals during the week,back up to div 4, has definitely changed the way I play for the better. However, I am sure at least 3 of my 7 wins were not earnt fairly. I stopped before the tide turned on me.
  • Chavez76
    @iRusty_yo: Hope you had a great day, and many congrats! I had a cup of coffea in my hand at 14h, so that just had to do...
  • paul24878306
    4700 posts Big Money Move
    Andyzim wrote: »
    This weekend might be the last one worth playing wl, good luck to anyone trying. I always say I'll never play on a Friday again but I generally cannot play on sat/sun so will have to try my luck again against the vastly superior opposition who get their games in on Fridays.

Ive been playing 19 for 3 weeks only, im old and not good. I have an all gold team, no specials. I can really only play fridays tok. Its my first wl since fifa 17.

PLAYED 20.... im 10/10
  • Low Ki
    I'm kind of in shock here, but I packed TOTS Messi and all of a sudden my coins doubled to 4mil. Suggestions on players to try?

Currently leaning towards Prime Ronaldo.
  • eddopoolfc
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    0-5 I'm done with this pile of s*** of a game!!
  • Chavez76
    currently at 11-6. not bad, expected more try harders for now!
    Will have to play last ones kinda early tomorrow, we'll see.

Hope you guys are doing okay as well if you;re playing!
  • Chavez76
    I'm kind of in shock here, but I packed TOTS Messi and all of a sudden my coins doubled to 4mil. Suggestions on players to try?

Currently leaning towards Prime Ronaldo.

kinda depends on the rest of your team I'd say!
  • Low Ki
    Reached Gold 3 in 25 games. I'm content.
  • Chavez76
    ended G2 and lost focus. had 3 games s potentially could go G1, but concentration was gone in next game. Guy wasnt that good, felt I could have beaten him 'easily' but I screwed it up. Donated last 2 games to away players afterwards.

Still, content for my g2. Probably will get Bernardo Silva, Sarabia, kimmich and Alisson as my choises, which I all already have untradable
  • Andyzim
    I'm a little in shock. I've never done better than silver 1 before, although I've only played the full 30 games twice I think. This week I reached silver 1 after 20 games played, one was gifted to me (I was playing away). I pushed on for gold 3, hoping to reach it for the first time and got there with 5 games still to play.

By this point it was late, I should have gone to bed and I was sure it would tease me to the final game. I lost the first, they subbed on fb zlatan who scored a near post volley from a corner to win the game in the 92nd minute. 4 games left, 3 wins needed. The next game I went 3-0 up and got a rage quit in the first half. 3 games to go. Then, another rage quit. Was this really happening?!

I had two games and only had to win one of them. The next one was tough. We slogged it out and I scored to go 3-2 ahead in the 85th minute. I was so scared, I did everything I could to stay ahead and run the clock down. The whistle blew for full time and I'd done it, my first ever g2 finish!!

I gave away the last game to someone who played away (the first match backed out, their loss) because, you know, karma!
  • Rossco160715
    2095 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm a little in shock. I've never done better than silver 1 before, although I've only played the full 30 games twice I think. This week I reached silver 1 after 20 games played, one was gifted to me (I was playing away). I pushed on for gold 3, hoping to reach it for the first time and got there with 5 games still to play.

By this point it was late, I should have gone to bed and I was sure it would tease me to the final game. I lost the first, they subbed on fb zlatan who scored a near post volley from a corner to win the game in the 92nd minute. 4 games left, 3 wins needed. The next game I went 3-0 up and got a rage quit in the first half. 3 games to go. Then, another rage quit. Was this really happening?!

I had two games and only had to win one of them. The next one was tough. We slogged it out and I scored to go 3-2 ahead in the 85th minute. I was so scared, I did everything I could to stay ahead and run the clock down. The whistle blew for full time and I'd done it, my first ever g2 finish!!

I gave away the last game to someone who played away (the first match backed out, their loss) because, you know, karma!

Well done mate.
  • Andyzim
    edited June 24
    This is the team I used, a little different to the norm I think.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/v45N5K8
    Post edited by Andyzim on
  • Low Ki
    Random question, are monthly rewards still a thing? This is the first time I've played consecutive weekly rounds of FUT champs since 18.
  • Gazza1712
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Random question, are monthly rewards still a thing? This is the first time I've played consecutive weekly rounds of FUT champs since 18.

Nope monthly rewards are not part of fifa 19
  • Chavez76

just the weekly picks..
    (which I personally enjoy more, due to no obligation to play every weekend to get to a certain rank)
  • EricVanDerek
    I'm kind of in shock here
    I'm a little in shock.

A weekend of shocks I see...!
    Well done both on your amazing pull / performance.

And well done to @iRusty_yo on your amazing pull / performance (sorry - that's very poor!) - trust you both had a fantastic day. I was on the golf course at 2pm last Friday, so raised my bottle of water to you both (my game isn't good enough to cope with alcohol...)

I didn't get back until very late on Sunday, so played 2 games, won both and called it there for the WL... So I don't get anything of note in rewards tomorrow. But good luck to everyone else - may the FIFA Gods lavish awesome picks on you all - you deserve it!
  • Andyzim
    My g2 picks were alisson (turned down b. Silva) because he at least fits in a Brazilian team I am building, and quag. Quag?! That's the 3rd time I've packed him. At least he is actually used in my 1st team.
  • EricVanDerek
    It's official, I'm stupid...
    (I know you knew that already, but it's now been confirmed)

1) You only get WL rewards if you've played 5 games. So my 2 games, 2 wins did not get me Bronze 3 and the 500 WL points.
    D'oh!

2) I've now played two SB games with my Jo weekly objective team (8 Japanese League starters, 3 Icons) where I won on Legendary, but it didn't count towards the objective because I didn't make the subs to use 11 Japanese league players.
    In the first, I'd forgotten to put enough Japanese league players on the bench to give me 3 subs. In the second, I was all set at 1-0, holding onto the ball, and when the clock hit 88' I tried to kick it out. But my player completely mis-kicked, and it went to the opposition player, and they launched an attack - and none of my scything tackles connected, so the game never stopped and my players couldn't get on.
    D'oh! D'oh!

3) I did the Ultimate TOTS this morning. Of course I'd get a duplicate Oblak rather than anyone in any way useful... I mean - that's what this game does!!!
    D'oh! D'oh! D'oh!

Hope you've all had much better luck with not making stupid decisions today....
  • pedro___
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anyone knows which prizes for next week? Player picks TOTS or TOTW?