WL Novices (the "This could get very messy..." thread)

Comments

• Chavez76
    2185 posts Fans' Favourite
    terrible session losing 3 in a row . Now at 9-9 :(
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2153 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm at 5-4 right now despite feeling like I'm playing well. I just can't score in some games, often having double figure shots on target and then losing 2-0. TOTS Alisson is my absolute nemesis, to the point I felt compelled to buy him and see for myself.
  • EricVanDerek
    640 posts An Exciting Prospect
    TOTS Alison has been immense for me - such a big upgrade over NIF DDG. Obviously if the game wants you to concede, there’s nothing he can do, but he’s been a rock.

One noticeable thing is that he comes haring out of his goal for long through balls (without any input from me), which DDG never used to do.
  • lastfifa
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Started very bad as i was 1-3 after first games... ended up 7-3 for todays game. Will grind rest games tomorrow.
  • Chavez76
    14-11 at the moment. Playing terrible, Conceding equialiser in 123rd minute and loosing on pens.. I get so triggered from those games.

Time to quit, play last tomorrow and see if we can make a G2
  • yogibear
    919 posts Semi-Pro
    Was at 12-0 for the first time ever, went full rage and now im at 14-9 :D
  • lastfifa
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Anyone tried Pimp Hernandez? Need st super sub and can make sbc from the club.
  • lastfifa
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think i forgot how to play.. this day has started wit 0-3 and every game have been full of **** moments. My opponents has magnet ball and my players is trying they best to avoid the ball.
  • nextqprmanager
    3240 posts National Call-Up
    I finished at lunchtime 11/21 - that`s enough.
    We`ll see if it was worth it?.
    btw I got more wins with my 15k Fitness Team !!, than my main = typical.
  • aladdin
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    gold 3. done. beer time man
  • lastfifa
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Grinded gold 3. 5 games to go but not sure if i will bother to play them.
  • iRusty_yo
    3712 posts National Call-Up
    lastfifa wrote: »

Do it, that extra pick man ^^

Worst case you’re getting 2000 rivals points :)
  • Chavez76
    Ended up in G2 in the end. I **** up a couple of games on Saturday, leaving me with 4 games to get 3 wins out on Sunday.
    Since I thought this would never happen anyway, decided to play a game just for the fun of it. And won, And won the next. And won the next as well.
    Gave the last one away to some guy who was La Croquetta'ing me from start.

All in all, weird weekend. Felt I played terrible, lots of close games, 1 game where I got oblitarated by an all gold Portugese team (81 rated) with 5-0 (though hitting the woodwork 5 times myself) .

Cant wait for my Kampl and Schultz' picks! :)
  • Andyzim
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Congratulations to all who ploughed on through, was it worse than usual or about the same? Not sure I'm looking forward to the tots stacked teams in the next one.
  • lastfifa
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    lastfifa wrote: »

Do it, that extra pick man ^^

Worst case you’re getting 2000 rivals points :)

Didn't have time as i watched how we beated Canada in ice hockey championship final... Was such a good game that i enjoyed too many beers :)

Not realy need picks as my pack luck is horrible right now. Only need tots Dumfries if gets one. Bought prime Makelele after i sold tots Wijnaldum and still have 1,2M to burn. Probably will buy prime Crespo and finish pim Desaily. After that im done.
  • SuperSonicSean
    5475 posts Big Money Move
    Had the most dramatic weekend. Started off 8-2, then sluggish gameplay and a few disconnects hit. Got to the point where I needed to go 5-5 to hit G2, and I just kept losing to teams with 1 shot on target all game. They'd score in the 90th and I'd lose in PKs and stuff. Those type of games.

I ended up securing the G2 bag in my final game. I was up 1-0 to a guy I was dominating the whole game. He scores in the 90th. We go to extra time. I go up, he levels in the 119th. PKs I go down 2-0 early, hitting the woodwork. Somehow I plow through on sheer instinct, saving 3 PKs in a row to win the game in the end, and guarantee my Bundesliga player picks Thursday. I'm still mad it came that close though.
  • leon1309
    3856 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 27
    Well i ques i could share my WL go (decided to try it out once again):

Friday evening: smooth gameplay, everything was really responsive on my side, ended up 5w/1l, could not play any more...

Saturday evening: I dont know if it is the point needed for S3 or what, but the gameplay was horendous. I played i think 9 more games to get that 1 win (2 players from 9 were better - I am fine with that, but the rest of the matches were just silly: in almost all of the games it started fine (responsive aswell), went up a goal or 2, but then I just could not play any more (it was like i was hit with some serious lag and unresponsivenes - now try defending croceta and cross abuse in that sort of conditions :/ ) and in every single game oppo managed to get back in the game and in 75% of them win it in the 90th minute, with either a cross or rebound). It ticked me off so much, i just turned the console off after i got S3.

I am not sure if it is the day to day experiance that differs so much, or the way the Wl is set up (matchmaking), but after the first 5 wins the gameplay was unrecognisable (i hit the post atleast 2 times per game, my CR7 who was the star of the team before, now managed to sky it twice infront of open goal, or would hit the corner flag on green timed low driven, it was just silly to see...I would go as far to say the experiance was like playing 2 different games IMO).

Not really sure if it was even wise to give it a go, as i can just see me getting Kampl as my best Bundesliga pick (he is my nationalities tots, so i already bought him btw :) )

And the really stupid thing is that I am actually considering another go next week. :s
  • DFC1983
    645 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Grinded to 11-9 then quit there. Gameplay was awful, 3 times I counted that something went seriously wrong. First time I was winning 3-0 and got resuming match on screen for 5 minutes until I had to quit, cost me the game and win. Second time the game wouldn't let either player pause or change tactics and at HT froze again causing a quit and reboot to get going again. Finally third time there was no pauses, no tactic changes and add to that there was no sound during the game at all plus the camera went completely black. Superb stuff. :D
  • EricVanDerek
    640 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Well done to those grinding through this weekend - May your puck luck match your dedication...

Having lost my first 5 in “unfortunate circumstances”, when I got back home late on Sunday night I was in two minds to bother going for S3.

But thought I may as well play a couple of games just for the Rivals points, and kept on winning - against teams & players that were arguably stronger than what I’d lost to on Friday.

So I went: 0-5, then 6-0.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    I called it a day at G3, 14 wins and 8 losses. Overall I felt like the standard of opponent was really high this weekend. Most people were good players but even more surprisingly I don't think I got dabbed once.
  • DFC1983
    645 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I was losing 3-0 to someone inside 14 minutes, thought about rage quitting but thought to myself what good does that do. So went into tactics and started trying out random formations I would NEVER ever use. Stumbled on 5-2-2-1 at HT, came back second half to win 5-3. Either it worked or Lord Voldamort switch sides at HT.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    Good luck all.
  • iRusty_yo
    3712 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck all, not playing this WL :)

Got an exam next Thursday :/
  • Chavez76
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    Good luck all, not playing this WL :)

Got an exam next Thursday :/

good luck on that! More important anyway! :)
    started at 7-3, 2 better players (on on which 1 I was down 3-0 within 12 minutes..) , 1 lost on a very close game.
  • LMCarlo
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    3-4 currently, shocking start. What hope have you got when **** like this happens?

https://streamable.com/b8jat

p.s can you embed videos such as that?
  • Andyzim
    Had my best ever start and after not playing a single game for a week. Won 4 of the first 5 with 3 rage quits, funny how that works, my team was absolutely brilliant. Didn't change a thing and suddenly the goo mannequinism started, everyone standing still, not intercepting or making runs and the defensive line having a natter on the half way line all the time. Lost 5 in a row conceding a minimum 5 goals each time and barely scoring myself. Suddenly in the 11th game the team comes back to life. Now 5-6 after 11 games. Gold 3 looks unlikely.
  • Andyzim
    Yep, as predicted, finished silver 1 again. Needed 3 wins from 4 games at the end, lost 2 so was able to stop there. The last game summed it up well really, 21 shots, 9 on target. Lost 2-1.
  • Chavez76
    CUrrently at 13-9. 8 matches to go and if I can 'win one, loose one' Illend up in G2 again. Lets see what happens
  • Chavez76
    won one, lost one :) ended up in G2 again... so, I assume Messi and Suarez will be my red picks!
  • aladdin
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    G3 done!