WL Novices (the "This could get very messy..." thread)

Comments

  • Chavez76
    2506 posts Fans' Favourite
    so, anyone had any luck with their player picks this morning?
    Ended in G3 myself, and got a choise of a red B. Silva (which I also packed yesterday untradable..)

    Still happy with that pick though!
    Currently my team:

    94 Ronaldinho - 92 Ibra - 88 Best
    94 B. Silva - 91 Cruyff - 90 De Rossi
    90 Alonso - 89 D. Luiz - 90 v Dijk - 88 Calabria
    95 Allison

    still allmost 2 millions coins to spare .. Guess the best choise would be to replace my Best now?
    (I really really really want to chance the right hand side to Mbappe - ?? - Lala ). Any advice for the ??

    @EricVanDerek: I had / have the same issues with doing / not doing those flashback players.. I now changed my mind into 'I will not do it, unless .. ' since I noticed I had 5/6 of them that I never use ... traded in my 90 tevez in the Ronaldinho SBC, but still have Rooney, Huntelaar and it is kind of making me not chance the team as much as I can / want as well (since they are untradable)
  • iRusty_yo
    3921 posts National Call-Up
    @Chavez76 yeah, out of G3 got Fernandinho & Laporte.

    Have you got Eusebio? With your spare coin balance maybe look to complete him?

    I sold my pack pulled dinho yesterday and completed Eusebio SBC, was left with 40k but knew I had coins coming from DR & WL so Neymar NIF was within reach, after all of the coin rewards I was up to 150k and needed 60k, meant that I’d be able to pick him up next week.

    FUT gods had different idea, I opened up my WL rewards and managed to pack Kroos & Kante in the 50k pack ^^ hello Neymar and I’ve got a solid 100k left over.

    Had Laporte from the guaranteed SBC which has now been used in Eusebio SBC. Haven’t tried neither of them.

    This weekend I’ll look to get G3 again, got time off work this week and I have been smashing FUT all day. Not having the greatest of time to be honest, I keep losing to absolute weapons that shush/dab etc.

    Mind you some players have been respectful and insta skip the replays.

  • EricVanDerek
    694 posts Semi-Pro
    I didn't realise that TOTS would be available in WL rewards, and having had such a great start (6-2) staying at S3 was a bit silly... I mean, my wife would have left me had I spent my weekend playing FIFA rather than being with her, but that's a small price to pay for potentially getting an 88 Maddison, right?!?

    I wrote the following in this very thread yesterday:
    I'll do the BPL TOTS SBC tomorrow after Rivals rewards. I always go untradeable, so I may as well wait and see if I pack anyone who I can use in the SBC.
    But having packed untradeable TOTS Alisson from last week's Rivals rewards, I know who I'm going to get from the TOTS SBC ;)

    If only I was as good at predicting lottery numbers ...

    Yep, I packed TOTS Alisson from the guaranteed BPL TOTS SBC. In normal circumstances I'd be very happy - he's been really impressive for me so far - but two untradeable TOTS Alissons is one too many ...

    I was still wrestling with Firmino (I obviously have FFOMO - FIFA Fear Of Missing Out...) - but after a couple of games this morning, I've decided I'll pass. Less because he was crap, but more because the game was so frustrating with its "dynamic difficulty", I realised I'm unlikely to play this a huge amount any more. So although I might get Firmino, it would be a long time before I could then save up for Eusebio - and by then I might not be playing any more. So I'll use that duplicate 95 rated Alisson in the Eusebio SBC (just a pain that I can't open any more packs until I do it)

    In Rivals news... I've had a good little run, and I'm now at 1434 points, my highest ever rating. But man, I'm already noticing a significant increase in sweaty behaviour. Being below 1300 points previously I think I must have faced El Tornado abuse twice in 8 months - I've just faced it in consecutive games, together with all the other skill move shenanigans. I'll see how it goes this week and see if I can make it to Div 3, but if the sweat continues then I'll almost certainly consciously drop down to the 1300 mark again. Life's too short for unenjoyable games of FIFA.

    I'm away this weekend, so even getting the time to get to 6 wins in WL will be a struggle. Good luck in advance to everyone on here attempting it.
  • EricVanDerek
    694 posts Semi-Pro
    Forgive me fathers, for I have sinned...

    I've just submitted my FB Ibra into the Eusebio 89 rated SBC...

    I also included:
    Duplicate TOTS Alisson
    POTM Vela (only tried a few times, but never did it for me)
    FB Bradley (very good, but doesn't link with anyone other than the above 2, and I've got enough defensive sub cover)
    Swaps FS Foden (I desperately wanted him to be a slight downgrade on KDB, but he was a significant downgrade)

    As one of life's great hoarders, this is a sad, sad day.
    I'm now going to go cry somewhere...
  • iRusty_yo
    3921 posts National Call-Up
    Forgive me fathers, for I have sinned...

    I've just submitted my FB Ibra into the Eusebio 89 rated SBC...

    I also included:
    Duplicate TOTS Alisson
    POTM Vela (only tried a few times, but never did it for me)
    FB Bradley (very good, but doesn't link with anyone other than the above 2, and I've got enough defensive sub cover)
    Swaps FS Foden (I desperately wanted him to be a slight downgrade on KDB, but he was a significant downgrade)

    As one of life's great hoarders, this is a sad, sad day.
    I'm now going to go cry somewhere...

    Hah I too sacrificed Ibra for an icon.

  • Bigfootisblurry
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 23
    @EricVanDerek , well, did you complete him?
    Edit: never mind, for some reason your post above didn't show until I wrote mine.

    Good to see you back @nextqprmanager , just try to enjoy your WL. If it's no fun just go and do something more interesting.

    How are people's squads looking? I'm very happy with mine at the moment, I just to lay off the Emres this weekend.

    Screenshot-20190523-161703.png
  • iRusty_yo
    3921 posts National Call-Up
    @EricVanDerek , well, did you complete him?
    Edit: never mind, for some reason your post above didn't show until I wrote mine.

    Good to see you back @nextqprmanager , just try to enjoy your WL. If it's no fun just go and do something more interesting.

    How are people's squads looking? I'm very happy with mine at the moment, I just to lay off the Emres this weekend.

    Screenshot-20190523-161703.png

    Will be trying my luck with the below squad this weekend. Really excited but I know full well that I’ll still get the same results.

    7uteiEg.jpg
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    @iRusty_yo great squad but bronze benching, really?
  • iRusty_yo
    3921 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 23
    @iRusty_yo great squad but bronze benching, really?

    @Bigfootisblurry well yeah, only Latvian players in the game man.

    Edit:

    Not that I believe it works, I just feel it’s nice to see my home flag 👍
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    @iRusty_yo great squad but bronze benching, really?

    @Bigfootisblurry well yeah, only Latvian players in the game man.

    Edit:

    Not that I believe it works, I just feel it’s nice to see my home flag 👍

    That's ok then 😉
  • Andyzim
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck to everyone who takes a bash at playing this weekend. I'm going to take the week off, next weekend I'll launch a full attack on reaching gold 3 for the first time.
  • Murf1985
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    First weekend league in over three months after taking a self enforced break due to gambling issues. I’ll be happy with silver 1. Btw it’s so much nicer playing the game without Fifa points.
  • LMCarlo
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    2-4 currently. Playing 20 million squads each time. Every weekend is the same I don’t understand the matchmaking whatsoever. I’m a division 1 player but can’t get past gold 3. There is nothing I can do
  • aladdin
    834 posts Semi-Pro
    LMCarlo wrote: »
    2-4 currently. Playing 20 million squads each time. Every weekend is the same I don’t understand the matchmaking whatsoever. I’m a division 1 player but can’t get past gold 3. There is nothing I can do

    i can’t get out of division 4 but always win at least 15 in weekend league. the matchmaking is so random
  • iRusty_yo
    3921 posts National Call-Up
    aladdin wrote: »
    LMCarlo wrote: »
    2-4 currently. Playing 20 million squads each time. Every weekend is the same I don’t understand the matchmaking whatsoever. I’m a division 1 player but can’t get past gold 3. There is nothing I can do

    i can’t get out of division 4 but always win at least 15 in weekend league. the matchmaking is so random

    D1 here too but in WL I struggle to get to G3 and then it’s luck of the draw if I reach G2/G1
  • LMCarlo
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    aladdin wrote: »
    LMCarlo wrote: »
    2-4 currently. Playing 20 million squads each time. Every weekend is the same I don’t understand the matchmaking whatsoever. I’m a division 1 player but can’t get past gold 3. There is nothing I can do

    i can’t get out of division 4 but always win at least 15 in weekend league. the matchmaking is so random
    It’s so frustrating. After every rivals game I message to see what WL rank they are and the majority are elite level players which I can hold my own against. Even getting gold 2 would be a miracle in WL for me though!
  • lastfifa
    1593 posts Play-Off Hero
    Last wl for me as im starting my holidays next wekeek and will be away from home. (If im manage my time well i can play next friday/saturday morning)

    My team has been horrible after bringing in prime Pele and tots defenders. Maybe i forgot how to play... Will try to get to g2 as i need some tots picks and from them decent cm/striker. Will get goalies...

    My pack luck is driving me insane. Over 400 packs in and only 6 tots. 4x saudi and 2x efl.
  • Shawsy2018
    10 posts Ball Boy
    So... played my first 5 games of the weekend league today... granted I lost 2 and won 1 so far... however the other 2.... one person quit the game because I scored literally 30seconds after kick off from the beginning( yeah I know go me) and the other quit after he scored to make it 1-1... both games have counted as a game out of my 30 however yet again it has said that my games are under review.... EA you seriously need to get a grip of this as now it is saying I have only won 1 out of 5 which isn't the case... soon as someone quits the other person should automatically get the win!!!!!!

    This isn't the first time this has happend to me or anyone else.... so whoever from EA actually reads these.... I want my wins !!!
  • iRusty_yo
    3921 posts National Call-Up
    Evening novices.

    I’ve finished with my games. I was off all day and no one was around to bother me. Finished 19-11 but get this.... I’m top 100 🥳🥳🥳

    Must say my connection the last 6 games was amazing, passing was on point, player switching was amazing and the general reactions of my players just felt smooth.

    ibIGZ6N.jpg
    unjnHBb.jpg

    I know by the time I’ve finished with this post I would have dropped out of it already so took as many pictures as I could think of.

    Currently rewatching my last game on the “FUT Champs” channel... because I can.

    Had to play all of my games today as I’ve got a busy weekend ahead of me and therefore no time to play otherwise.

    Hope all of you are having successful WL run so far.

    @EricVanDerek took a pic so your famous too :blush:
  • Murf1985
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    I played 14 games today and finished with an 8-6 record. I’ve never got above 11 wins so far so I’m really hopeful I can beat my record.
  • Low Ki
    11743 posts Has That Special Something
    There's a fair bit of appealing Bundesliga and NOS cards so I'm giving this week a shot. When I finished my session I was 5-6.

    So many full TOTS teams are floating around.
  • Low Ki
    11743 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 25
    8-7. Halfway through. Silver 1 is pretty much guaranteed, Gold 3 will probably be heavily dependent on matchmaking, but also feasible.

    The super teams are overwhelming. Thankfully a lot of them are just long ball merchants with no creativity.

    One match I was absolutely robbed though, Pickford cannot go from post to post 5 times to make top corner saves in one play.
  • Chavez76
    2506 posts Fans' Favourite
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    Evening novices.

    I’ve finished with my games. I was off all day and no one was around to bother me. Finished 19-11 but get this.... I’m top 100 🥳🥳🥳

    Must say my connection the last 6 games was amazing, passing was on point, player switching was amazing and the general reactions of my players just felt smooth.

    ibIGZ6N.jpg
    unjnHBb.jpg

    I know by the time I’ve finished with this post I would have dropped out of it already so took as many pictures as I could think of.

    Currently rewatching my last game on the “FUT Champs” channel... because I can.

    Had to play all of my games today as I’ve got a busy weekend ahead of me and therefore no time to play otherwise.

    Hope all of you are having successful WL run so far.

    @EricVanDerek took a pic so your famous too :blush:

    niceee At least you can say you were in top 100!

    At 5-3 myself for now. Most 'interesting ' game was against a full Golden 82 rated Portugese team with a 79 OTW and a 84 Joao Felix as only nongolden.
    I lost 5-0, lost all duels, hit the post / bar 5 times and my 95 Allison decided he was a 35 Allison in this game.
    Tbh, all of my players looked like they were at least playing 20 points below their normal standard.
    Frustrating game!
  • iRusty_yo
    3921 posts National Call-Up
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    Evening novices.

    I’ve finished with my games. I was off all day and no one was around to bother me. Finished 19-11 but get this.... I’m top 100 🥳🥳🥳

    Must say my connection the last 6 games was amazing, passing was on point, player switching was amazing and the general reactions of my players just felt smooth.

    ibIGZ6N.jpg
    unjnHBb.jpg

    I know by the time I’ve finished with this post I would have dropped out of it already so took as many pictures as I could think of.

    Currently rewatching my last game on the “FUT Champs” channel... because I can.

    Had to play all of my games today as I’ve got a busy weekend ahead of me and therefore no time to play otherwise.

    Hope all of you are having successful WL run so far.

    @EricVanDerek took a pic so your famous too :blush:

    niceee At least you can say you were in top 100!

    At 5-3 myself for now. Most 'interesting ' game was against a full Golden 82 rated Portugese team with a 79 OTW and a 84 Joao Felix as only nongolden.
    I lost 5-0, lost all duels, hit the post / bar 5 times and my 95 Allison decided he was a 35 Allison in this game.
    Tbh, all of my players looked like they were at least playing 20 points below their normal standard.
    Frustrating game!

    Indeed ^^

    I think in general the match balancing was ridiculous yesterday for me too. Up until 20th game I was 10-10 and each game was a slog fest.

    @Chavez76 do you feel like your players are stuck in mud? I found that quite frequently I barely had any shots on target as my front 4 sky ever opportunity.
  • Chavez76
    2506 posts Fans' Favourite
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    Evening novices.

    I’ve finished with my games. I was off all day and no one was around to bother me. Finished 19-11 but get this.... I’m top 100 🥳🥳🥳

    Must say my connection the last 6 games was amazing, passing was on point, player switching was amazing and the general reactions of my players just felt smooth.

    ibIGZ6N.jpg
    unjnHBb.jpg

    I know by the time I’ve finished with this post I would have dropped out of it already so took as many pictures as I could think of.

    Currently rewatching my last game on the “FUT Champs” channel... because I can.

    Had to play all of my games today as I’ve got a busy weekend ahead of me and therefore no time to play otherwise.

    Hope all of you are having successful WL run so far.

    @EricVanDerek took a pic so your famous too :blush:

    niceee At least you can say you were in top 100!

    At 5-3 myself for now. Most 'interesting ' game was against a full Golden 82 rated Portugese team with a 79 OTW and a 84 Joao Felix as only nongolden.
    I lost 5-0, lost all duels, hit the post / bar 5 times and my 95 Allison decided he was a 35 Allison in this game.
    Tbh, all of my players looked like they were at least playing 20 points below their normal standard.
    Frustrating game!

    Indeed ^^

    I think in general the match balancing was ridiculous yesterday for me too. Up until 20th game I was 10-10 and each game was a slog fest.

    @Chavez76 do you feel like your players are stuck in mud? I found that quite frequently I barely had any shots on target as my front 4 sky ever opportunity.

    I had like 12 shots, but just nothing went in :( When I saw the team I came up against, I thought, this could be the easy win of this week or he is actually good. He was pretty decent, must admit, but the game was heavily favoring him it felt like.
  • iRusty_yo
    3921 posts National Call-Up
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    Evening novices.

    I’ve finished with my games. I was off all day and no one was around to bother me. Finished 19-11 but get this.... I’m top 100 🥳🥳🥳

    Must say my connection the last 6 games was amazing, passing was on point, player switching was amazing and the general reactions of my players just felt smooth.

    ibIGZ6N.jpg
    unjnHBb.jpg

    I know by the time I’ve finished with this post I would have dropped out of it already so took as many pictures as I could think of.

    Currently rewatching my last game on the “FUT Champs” channel... because I can.

    Had to play all of my games today as I’ve got a busy weekend ahead of me and therefore no time to play otherwise.

    Hope all of you are having successful WL run so far.

    @EricVanDerek took a pic so your famous too :blush:

    niceee At least you can say you were in top 100!

    At 5-3 myself for now. Most 'interesting ' game was against a full Golden 82 rated Portugese team with a 79 OTW and a 84 Joao Felix as only nongolden.
    I lost 5-0, lost all duels, hit the post / bar 5 times and my 95 Allison decided he was a 35 Allison in this game.
    Tbh, all of my players looked like they were at least playing 20 points below their normal standard.
    Frustrating game!

    Indeed ^^

    I think in general the match balancing was ridiculous yesterday for me too. Up until 20th game I was 10-10 and each game was a slog fest.

    @Chavez76 do you feel like your players are stuck in mud? I found that quite frequently I barely had any shots on target as my front 4 sky ever opportunity.

    I had like 12 shots, but just nothing went in :( When I saw the team I came up against, I thought, this could be the easy win of this week or he is actually good. He was pretty decent, must admit, but the game was heavily favoring him it felt like.

    Much the same for me, was matched up against what on paper looks like on odd team only for he opponent to be near E3/E2 level :neutral:

    What is your target this week? G3? A lot of the Liga NOS card look real good too so the guarantee pick for G2 is kinda useless.

    I really want that Militao
  • Chavez76
    2506 posts Fans' Favourite
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    Evening novices.

    I’ve finished with my games. I was off all day and no one was around to bother me. Finished 19-11 but get this.... I’m top 100 🥳🥳🥳

    Must say my connection the last 6 games was amazing, passing was on point, player switching was amazing and the general reactions of my players just felt smooth.

    ibIGZ6N.jpg
    unjnHBb.jpg

    I know by the time I’ve finished with this post I would have dropped out of it already so took as many pictures as I could think of.

    Currently rewatching my last game on the “FUT Champs” channel... because I can.

    Had to play all of my games today as I’ve got a busy weekend ahead of me and therefore no time to play otherwise.

    Hope all of you are having successful WL run so far.

    @EricVanDerek took a pic so your famous too :blush:

    niceee At least you can say you were in top 100!

    At 5-3 myself for now. Most 'interesting ' game was against a full Golden 82 rated Portugese team with a 79 OTW and a 84 Joao Felix as only nongolden.
    I lost 5-0, lost all duels, hit the post / bar 5 times and my 95 Allison decided he was a 35 Allison in this game.
    Tbh, all of my players looked like they were at least playing 20 points below their normal standard.
    Frustrating game!

    Indeed ^^

    I think in general the match balancing was ridiculous yesterday for me too. Up until 20th game I was 10-10 and each game was a slog fest.

    @Chavez76 do you feel like your players are stuck in mud? I found that quite frequently I barely had any shots on target as my front 4 sky ever opportunity.

    I had like 12 shots, but just nothing went in :( When I saw the team I came up against, I thought, this could be the easy win of this week or he is actually good. He was pretty decent, must admit, but the game was heavily favoring him it felt like.

    Much the same for me, was matched up against what on paper looks like on odd team only for he opponent to be near E3/E2 level :neutral:

    What is your target this week? G3? A lot of the Liga NOS card look real good too so the guarantee pick for G2 is kinda useless.

    I really want that Militao

    My target is always G3 / G2. Not sure how much time I have to play this weekend though, so G3 is probably the most likely unless many opponents will rage quit for me :)
  • Low Ki
    11743 posts Has That Special Something
    Reached Gold 3 with 2 games remaining. That was not fun.
  • iRusty_yo
    3921 posts National Call-Up
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Reached Gold 3 with 2 games remaining. That was not fun.

    Congrats!! 🥳🥳
  • EricVanDerek
    694 posts Semi-Pro
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    @EricVanDerek took a pic so your famous too :blush:

    Why thank you muchly - very kind of you to share with the world just how crap I am...

    A top tip for everyone, if you’re away for most of the weekend, and therefore trying to get to S3 as quickly as possible, starting 0-5 is not necessarily the best way to go about it 😀

    But let’s celebrate - one of our fellow novices is Top 100!!!
    Bravo, sir, bravo!
    (did we ever find the party-poppers?)

    Good luck to everyone else competing this weekend - trust you’re journey to G3 is as quick and painless as possible...
Sign In or Register to comment.