WL Novices (the "This could get very messy..." thread)

Comments

• aladdin
    825 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm at gold 3 and stopping. I've enough games left for G2 but can't be bothered

me too. particularly as i was out till saturday. was the usual mixed bag
  • limjitwe
    6703 posts Big Money Move
    Hope everyone does well. I’ve not played this WL and the last as I’m pretty busy with a small F&B venture. I did play 7 games yesterday though. Was at 5-2 although it should be 6-1. I still enjoy playing the game surprisingly other than some BS which happens.

Got a friend playing for me getting Gold 2 both weekends. :p
  • DFC1983
    717 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Went 3-0, then 3-3, then 6-3, 6-6, 9-6, 9-9... :D

Somehow Sunday morning gameplay was better and I managed to get 14-9. Was tempted to try for 17 but know the outcome would have been 15-15 so just left it as is.

Seems to me that if you want the best gameplay it's better to play most of your games on Friday or Sunday as Saturday is garbage.
  • Chavez76
    2490 posts Fans' Favourite
    DFC1983 wrote: »
    Went 3-0, then 3-3, then 6-3, 6-6, 9-6, 9-9... :D

Somehow Sunday morning gameplay was better and I managed to get 14-9. Was tempted to try for 17 but know the outcome would have been 15-15 so just left it as is.

Seems to me that if you want the best gameplay it's better to play most of your games on Friday or Sunday as Saturday is garbage.

for me, it's the other way around. Friday, Saturday are fine, I always have issues on Sunday :)
    might be my own terrible play though
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    Too many Emres, I've just put 500k into hero Llorente.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    Nobody playing this week?
  • Andyzim
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I did redeem and play some games, just too ashamed to admit it! So far I have 7 wins, 11 losses. Usual terrible start on a Friday against players far better than me and with awful button delay in so many games. I won one game 4-1 where it was in my favour and its just a joke.

I have saved a video of my zlatan scoring from a free kick where the ball hits de geas hands, moves around and then through them in order to go in. But when the game has decided you can win...
  • Bigfootisblurry
    @Andyzim no shame in having a bad weekend mate, we all get them. What's your team out of interest? Always keen to see how people build around Zlatan.
  • Andyzim
    @Andyzim no shame in having a bad weekend mate, we all get them. What's your team out of interest? Always keen to see how people build around Zlatan.

I've been playing 4321
    Zlatan
    Scream Koke - best
    Cruyff - Keane - rttf kondogbia
    Alba - varane - ramos - fb juanfran
    Courtois

Zlatan starts on 8 chem which is enough. I haven't been having much success with this team lately though. I've been alternating with another serie a based team in a 532 formation which is working better.

The bad run continued, now on 8 wins 16 losses. Incredibly frustrating gameplay.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    Nice to see someone starting Koke, he's on my bench and can be a real game changer.

This is my team, though start on full chem and switch.

Screenshot-20190427-103227.png
  • lastfifa
    1593 posts Play-Off Hero
    7-3 start but gameplay seemed little heavy as my players moved like trucks. Tested prime Eusebio and he was so clinical finishing 10+3. Will try pim Cruyff in next 10 games as i have hard time to decide who will be my last piece of the puzzle.

Current team

St potm Hazard - St prime Best

Cam base Ronaldinho

Cm Prime Lampard - Cm Toty Kante - Cm prime Ballack

Lb live Telles - Cb fb Luiz - Cb 91 Van Dijk-
    Rb sbc Dumfries

Gk nif De Gea
  • aladdin
    825 posts Semi-Pro
    got gold 3 after a hideous middle where i lost something like 6 in a row. was obscene. but the game balanced out as it always does
  • Chavez76
    currently at 16 wins, with 5 to go. will play them tomorrow, energy is gone for now.
  • Andyzim
    Made it to 11 wins for silver 1 with a game to spare, worst gameplay ever this weekend. Gave away the last game by giving the ball to the opponent and moving all the players and the gk out of the way. He scored, ran to the camera and dabbed. What's wrong with people?
  • lastfifa
    1593 posts Play-Off Hero
    Currently at 14-9 and will play remainin games today. Had very bad run with pim Cruyff as cam... he was invisible every game. Loaned prime Pele and got back on the track. Now have very hard time deciding who to complete as Eusebio got 10+3 in 10 games as st and Pele has 8+4 as cam in 9 games. Both plays amazing but only have one spot on the roster.
  • Chavez76
    ended in G2 again, with1 game to spare. Needed 1 win from 5 games and last 3 in a row to a last second goal (2 in extra time). Happy that it did not came down to the very last game at least.
    Cheated a little by using my loan Dinho for that last game, where I could play 91 Cruyff at CAM (usually swap Nedved at that spot but he isnt doing it for me at the moment (untradable unfortunately)
  • DFC1983
    717 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ended up getting my 11th win this morning to take me to 11-8. Considering I didn't expect to be in the WL this weekend I will take that!

Could have won more games had there not been a terrible lag at times that meant I scored a few Own Goals (because of button delay) but it is what it is.

Last WL Robben and Zola were my go to men with (16 & 15) goals, this time it was Hazard on the other wing with (15) and Costa in Zola's position with (13) goals.
  • EricVanDerek
    688 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Did my now usual race to six wins and then stopped.
    I'm consistently achieving around a 60% win rate in my WL's now, but just never have the time or inclination to play that much at the weekend.

I had the usual "fun", but I'm slowly learning to laugh it all off.

I did have one game where the opponent's only tactic (once he'd realised I was half-decent at stopping El Tornado and La Croquettas) was to be scoop the ball up and hit it on the volley from fully 35 yards out with Ballack. He never scored with it, but DDG kept pushing it out for a corner, and he eventually scored with an Ibra header. Anyone else noticed this as a "tactic" (I use that term very loosely...) ?

I've saved up for 88 Vieira, and he's been as good as I'd hoped. KDB's dropped back to CM, Bergkamp moved back to CAM, and NIF Griezmann's in as Striker - and I'm really enjoying it. Next step is to get PIM Lineker - Griezmann's H/H mean he's dropping back into midfield a bit too much for me. Can anyone recommend a cheapish (c 200k) H/L striker for me to use whilst saving up for the SBC.?

Trust everyone's doing magnificently and staying sane
  • Andyzim
    Decided to try again a little bit this weekend if I had time to play some games today. Usually start terribly on a Friday which in the past I've put down to coming up against much harder opposition. I've cherry picked 3 home games so far and grabbed 2 wins.

The first win was very satisfying because I went 3-0 down in the 67th minute. Instead of rage quitting I changed formation and made some subs and ended up winning 4-3 in extra time. I have also combined the best players from two teams into one so it looks like below now:

5212 in game:
    fb ibra - baby cruyff
    carniball gomez
    prime keane - birthday sms
    sandro - fb de rossi - scream caceres - birthday koulibaly - birthday lukaku
    87 donarumma

It's very attacking because I play a high depth and pressure on heavy touch with the fullbacks making runs down the wings, but gives me the safety net of more defenders if I need to chase back. I still concede almost all goals on the counter attack but that has been my problem since the start of fifa 19!
  • EricVanDerek
    "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more
    The game's afoot
    Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
    Cry "God for Harry, England and Saint George!" "

Note:
    Other Gods, kings, countries and patron saints are available
    As are other iconic writers..

Good luck all!
  • EricVanDerek
    First game, I was all over him - went 2-0 up, and then... well, obviously my mentality changed, as I became sloppy in defence and attack (and in midfield and in goal) and allowed him back into it: 2-2.
    Pulled myself together, went 3-2 up.
    Then fell apart again: 3-3
    Then pulled myself together again: 4-3
    Held on despite everything to win

Need to go and lie down in a cool dark room to recover...
  • Bigfootisblurry
    I'm not sure how much I'll play this week as it's a busy weekend.

Trying a new formation and dropping Ibra to give PIM Kluivert one last chance, I think having two big men in the team has been a problem up until now.

Good luck all.
  • EricVanDerek
    Is anyone out there... ?!?

For those who are still playing this hot mess of a game:
    - why?!?
    - I trust your WL was fantastic

With all the outages I didn't think I'd get to Silver 3 (just for that red FUT card - I'm aiming for one more FUT Champions Premium upgrade this year...), but late on Monday night I thought I'd see if I could go from 4 to 6 wins.
    First game, easy win.
    Great, this will be over nice and quickly...

I then had a run of four utterly frustrating games (you know the kind...) - I'm sure not helped by the fact that I was so desperate to get to bed...
    I finally won it with a disconnection after 20 minutes - I almost wept with relief...

• Once I get to 2 k points weekend league will be my first time ever in this fifa
  • Chavez76
    Is anyone out there... ?!?

For those who are still playing this hot mess of a game:
    - why?!?
    - I trust your WL was fantastic

With all the outages I didn't think I'd get to Silver 3 (just for that red FUT card - I'm aiming for one more FUT Champions Premium upgrade this year...), but late on Monday night I thought I'd see if I could go from 4 to 6 wins.
    First game, easy win.
    Great, this will be over nice and quickly...

I then had a run of four utterly frustrating games (you know the kind...) - I'm sure not helped by the fact that I was so desperate to get to bed...
    I finally won it with a disconnection after 20 minutes - I almost wept with relief...

why? good question, for some reason ( I MUST be a masochist) I like playing the game :)
    I f**up bad, needed 2 wins from 6 games to come to G2 again, and I lost 5 ... All 6 had CR7 up top, was he given out for free or something!?
    So, ended G3, worse in weeks, still 2player picks so hope (ahum) to get something decent. Looking at the predictions, this TotW will be terrible though.
    Am saving up packs now for TotS, currently rank 1 in Div Rivals D3 (and went to D2, now), so hoping to keep that. Currently have 15 packs, from last rewards and the objectives, will get 8-10 more from this week (chosing untradables) so have some to open. Now I just need to figure out when to open.. During most Consistent or hope for something back at Prem / Bundes / LaLiga / Ligue1
  • EricVanDerek
    Once I get to 2 k points weekend league will be my first time ever in this fifa

Not sure whether to congratulate or commiserate...
    There's lots of very good advice throughout the forum, but the best thing to remember:

It's just a game :-)

@Chavez76 I'm just way too impatient - there's no way I can sit on packs without opening them. But good luck (both with the waiting, and the opening)
  • Bigfootisblurry
    I played to 8 wins but didn't have a lot of time between the outages.

I've finally found a system that works for me and Kluivert is even doing his best to avoid becoming a 100k pack so all in all a successful weekend.
  • Crazymundo
    96 posts Park Captain
    Hello fellow novices......

WL was a bit of a farce with the server issues. Thankfully with the Uk having a bank holiday yesterday I was able to get G3 again.

This deep into the game quality teams are now standard. Again that feeling that matches are predetermined. At one point I was W6 L12 but knew I would end up G3. Had a ridiculous amount of games whereby I had 20+ attempts on target and my opponent scores with there 2. I know this can happen irl but not regularly.

I have PIM scmichael and he is absolute awful. He seems to play better against Icon infested teams yet against the standard 84 rated BPL team he flaps about like Flappy the seal.

Anyhow.....we’re approaching the closing stages of the FIFA 19 season. Hope u guys keep up the good work.

Ps....starting to come across more skill abusers. The ones who will do moves when there is nobody near them. I had a guy score 3 identical goals (get to the bye line, then la croqueta along and square it into the 6 yard box for a tap in).....personally I would take no pleasure from scoring the same goal again, and again and and again and again etc
  • Andyzim
    I made it to 5 wins on Friday, then with all the outages I didn't have a chance again until Monday afternoon. I was exhausted from real life and enjoying relaxing on the sofa so made the decision to keep my good mood and not play. Best decision I made all week. Played a few rivals games today to get the fut swap players and the gameplay was as bad as its ever been and I regretted it immediately.
  • lastfifa
    1593 posts Play-Off Hero
    My best wl start 12-4 but i don't have time for finish the games.